What ABout Saddam

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 03:05 pm
Should he have been left to wantonly kill & maim thousands of Iraqis, his sons to rape & pillage? Should saddam be put back in power?
If yes to these questions, why?
If no, why?
Will you trust the Baker/Hamilton Commission report?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 4,254 • Replies: 79
No top replies

Zippo

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 03:30 pm
Re: What ABout Saddam
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Should he have been left to wantonly kill & maim thousands of Iraqis, his sons to rape & pillage? Should saddam be put back in power?
If no, why?

Lets start by asking the Iraqis first, shall we.

Please read the Times article below, it's very interesting.

Quote:
'In Saddam's time I never saw a friend killed in front of my eyes. I never saw neighbours driven out of their homes just for their sect. And I never saw entire families being slaughtered and killed'

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspaper/0,,175-2470188,00.html
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 03:33 pm
Zippo wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
If no, why?

Lets start by asking the Iraqis first, shall we.

Please read the Times article below, it's very interesting.

Quote:
'In Saddam's time I never saw a friend killed in front of my eyes. I never saw neighbours driven out of their homes just for their sect. And I never saw entire families being slaughtered and killed'

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspaper/0,,175-2470188,00.html

I believe the Iraqis have answered with their first truly free vote. Don't you agree? can you honestly believe that saddam never had people killed nor ran from their homes? Honestly?
Now that we have that out of the way, what do you say? yes? no?
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 03:37 pm
Didn't some of Hilters men say much the same thing about him? He wouldn't do that, kill jews or run them from their homes just for their sect
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 04:06 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:

I believe the Iraqis have answered with their first truly free vote. Don't you agree? can you honestly believe that saddam never had people killed nor ran from their homes? Honestly?
Now that we have that out of the way, what do you say? yes? no?

Yeah, thats true. Laughing

http://www.cracked.com/img/articles/IraqPollResults_front.jpg

By Regicides Anonymous

From Baghdad to Tikrit, this week Iraqis cast their votes for the 275-member National Assembly, which will legislate for four years and then form a constitutional government for Iraq. While the ballots have yet to be tallied, Americans know that the one sure indicator of an electoral outcome is the exit poll. Here are just a few of the responses that American soldiers collected from Iraqis as they left the voting booth.

Faisal Kishta, 40. Sunni truck driver. 'Democracy is a truly glorious thing. I voted first thing in the morning so I could go and shoot rocket-propelled grenades at the major Shiite polling centers this afternoon.'

Meswn Hmed, 27. Feigning Ignorance. 'Hey look at the purple voting dye on my finger! Just like in Ameri -Wait, what do you mean you don't dye your finger when you vote in America? Oh, you have electronic records? You know we used to have electricity, too. Then you dropped five million tons of explosives on us and we're back to the ******* abacus. No really democracy is great. It is in no way humiliating to walk around all day looking like I just finger banged an octopus."

Abdel Ayari, 19. Student. 'I didn't really feel like voting and getting blown up, but all my classmates were like, Do it, man. We haven't been able to vote for so long- And I was like, Yeah well we've only been over the voting age for a year anyway. It's just like when all those teenage Red Sox fans were talking about how good it feels to finally win a World Series. You've been a baseball fan for what, eight years? Big ******* deal. The Astros hadn't won a pennant since you were alive either'Man, **** Boston."

Ayad Jafar, 32. Homeless Iraqi. 'I wake up with muzzle of M-16 in my mouth. The soldiers say, Wake up, it's time to vote. I tell them I don't care. I probably stay homeless no matter who wins. Then they start kick me and pee on my hut I make from empty coca-cola boxes. So I say, Fine, fine. I vote. Who must I vote for? And they say, Vote for anyone you want. This is beauty of democracy. But then I vote for local leader of my mosque and they say, Anyone but him.

Porter J. Goss, 61. CIA Director. Protestant. 'I think exercising one's right to vote is important, which is why I did it 15,000 times. Usually I voted for the puppets of Big Oil, but I like what that Ali al-Lami guy had to say, so I threw in a few votes for the Kurdistan Alliance.'

Amar Kawal, 65. Journalist. 'It's great living in a war-torn hell-bucket of a country, because your vote actually matters. A hundred years from now, when our country is governed by two nearly identical monolithic parties run exclusively by like-minded corrupt rich men, we will yearn from the days when our votes actually meant something, as opposed to determining legality of marriage between men and goats.'

Zuhiar Mahdi, 30, roofer. 'I like to thank Mr. George Bush and Mr. Halliburton for opportunity to vote. He very good man. Very wise. Praise Allah. And'Ah, yes, democracy is good. Yes, good. What? Oh, OK. Yes, I love iPod and the xbox. They are very just. Praise Allah.

'OK, that it? You need any more pro-American quotes from your little A-rab caricature over here? Maybe I could get a turban and talk about how great democracy is, and how my children were happy to be blown up by American smart-bombs so that I could go to polling stations and get shot in the ass by some bored Iranian teenager. Or how 'bout this: the only show my wife is allowed to watch is According to Jim. That good enough? Now please stop pointing your rifle at me.'

You wern't really serious about the Election, were you LoneStarMadam? Smile
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 04:27 pm
Of course I am serious. As for exit polls, remember, Kerry won the presidency according to exit polls. The only poll that counts are the tallied votes. Right?
The Iraqis had never enjoyed a free election before, now as to what they do with it....lets just hope it doesn't turn into what our campaigns have.
Come on now, do you think Saddam should be back in power? Should he have been left in power?
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 04:34 pm
LoneStarMadam, it's always funny when a Bushie invokes the names of Hitler and Saddam. The world never needed either of them. But it's no coincidence by far that both Hitler and Saddam were armed and funded and raised to power with big help from the Bushie/Walker family and their cohorts. Through generations the Bushies have found madmen to back and then profit from the blowback. This is their WAY of making a buck. War for fun and profit at the expense of the human race.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 04:52 pm
blueflame1 wrote:
LoneStarMadam, it's always funny when a Bushie invokes the names of Hitler and Saddam. The world never needed either of them. But it's no coincidence by far that both Hitler and Saddam were armed and funded and raised to power with big help from the Bushie/Walker family and their cohorts. Through generations the Bushies have found madmen to back and then profit from the blowback. This is their WAY of making a buck. War for fun and profit at the expense of the human race.

& I find it funny when a detractor always says a Bushie, I mean, does being a Bushie somehow change the fact that Hitler & saddam were/are both evil?
& old Joe Kennedy supported Hitler, the Gores were arm in arm with Armand Hammer,what does that have to do with today?
Do you believe that saddam should've been taken out of power & do you believe he should be put back in power?
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 05:11 pm
Lonestar, I think it's time we nailed the Bushies and their arms merchant cronies who have been building wars for fun and profit for generations. If you would like we could lay out the whole history right here on this thread. Dumbya's great grandfather and grandfather were known as Hitler's angels and Poppy Bushie's partnership with Saddam is well documented. As for Joe Kennedy his relations with Hitler are well documented too. The difference is JFK turned his back on war based economies and instituted a Blueprint for Peace Race designed to eliminate nuclear weapons and lead the world in a new direction. Poppy and Dumbya on the other hand have carried on the war based enterprises their family has so long engaged in.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 05:28 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
blueflame1 wrote:

& I find it funny when a detractor always says a Bushie, I mean, does being a Bushie somehow change the fact that Hitler & saddam were/are both evil?
& old Joe Kennedy supported Hitler, the Gores were arm in arm with Armand Hammer,what does that have to do with today?
Do you believe that saddam should've been taken out of power & do you believe he should be put back in power?[/quote

Once again we agree LSM.....being a bushie does not change the evilness of a hitler or saddam.... because hitler and saddam are cut from the same cloth as the bushs'
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 05:38 pm
Hey Bear, I found an extra one of these ===> ] laying around. Would ya like one? Very Happy
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 05:42 pm
let me hold a couple since they're free Laughing
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 05:53 pm
blueflame1 wrote:
Lonestar, I think it's time we nailed the Bushies and their arms merchant cronies who have been building wars for fun and profit for generations. If you would like we could lay out the whole history right here on this thread. Dumbya's great grandfather and grandfather were known as Hitler's angels and Poppy Bushie's partnership with Saddam is well documented. As for Joe Kennedy his relations with Hitler are well documented too. The difference is JFK turned his back on war based economies and instituted a Blueprint for Peace Race designed to eliminate nuclear weapons and lead the world in a new direction. Poppy and Dumbya on the other hand have carried on the war based enterprises their family has so long engaged in.

JFK turned his back on war? Ah yes, i remember Vietnam.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 05:54 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
blueflame1 wrote:

Do you believe that saddam should've been taken out of power & do you believe he should be put back in power?[/quote

Once again we agree LSM.....being a bushie does not change the evilness of a hitler or saddam.... because hitler and saddam are cut from the same cloth as the bushs'[/quote]
You seem to have intimate knowledge of that, how did you come by it?
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 06:00 pm
hitlersaddam bin laden
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 06:11 pm
LoneStar, you remember Vietnam? But you dont remember that in 1963 JFK had ordered the bulk of American personnel out of Vietnam by the end of 1965 and had begun withdrawal before his death. JFK had no intention of fighting a Vietnam war. "National Security Action Memorandum No. 263

this is the 10/11/63 NSAM that recorded JFK's approval of withdrawing 1,000 U.S. military personnel by the end of 1963, as well as other recommendations from the Taylor/McNamara Memo (document #167, 10/2/63, listed below) which included withdrawal of "the bulk of U.S. personnel by . . . the end of 1965."
link No assassination, no Vietnam War. That's kinda huge.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 06:44 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
If no, why?

Should the US be held accountable for the CIA assassination attempts of Qassim and their involvement in providing Hussein with his arsenal of weaponry, including the means to develop chemical weapons that were eventually to have been used against the Kurds.

Should the US also be held accountable for maintaining and continuing to support Hussein during and after the gassing?

Should the Iraqis be allowed to create an ad hoc tribunal to try the Bush administration for war crimes committed on their own soil, committing atrocities and killing and raping innocent civilians?

If no, why?
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 07:06 pm
blueflame1 wrote:
LoneStar, you remember Vietnam? But you dont remember that in 1963 JFK had ordered the bulk of American personnel out of Vietnam by the end of 1965 and had begun withdrawal before his death. JFK had no intention of fighting a Vietnam war. "National Security Action Memorandum No. 263

this is the 10/11/63 NSAM that recorded JFK's approval of withdrawing 1,000 U.S. military personnel by the end of 1963, as well as other recommendations from the Taylor/McNamara Memo (document #167, 10/2/63, listed below) which included withdrawal of "the bulk of U.S. personnel by . . . the end of 1965."
link No assassination, no Vietnam War. That's kinda huge.

JFK ordered them in before he had a plan to withdraw. I'm not saying that he was wrong, I personally believe that war was worth fighting & my husband flew 133 missions over N. Vietnam, so I'm not one that says some others fight in my loved ones place. Where we went wrong was listening to the media lies & not fighting that war like we meant to win. But, JFK was not adverse to war, he fought in one, remember?
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 07:15 pm
LoneStarMadam, JFK fought in a war sure. And he had no intention of fighting a Vietnam war. Maybe the two things are connected? Maybe the assassination and his National Security Action Memorandum No. 263 are connected?
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 07:21 pm
candidone1 wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
If no, why?

Should the US be held accountable for the CIA assassination attempts of Qassim and their involvement in providing Hussein with his arsenal of weaponry, including the means to develop chemical weapons that were eventually to have been used against the Kurds.

Should the US also be held accountable for maintaining and continuing to support Hussein during and after the gassing?

Should the Iraqis be allowed to create an ad hoc tribunal to try the Bush administration for war crimes committed on their own soil, committing atrocities and killing and raping innocent civilians?

If no, why?

So, Saddam did have WMD's? I wish you'd tell your brethern about that.
Should Milosovich have been allowed to bring charges against Bill Clinton, like he wanted to do?
I believe that US has paid for any involvement it has had with Iraq pre '91, the weapons, & anything else you wish to throw blame at the US for.
0 Replies