Don't tell me there's no proof for evolution

rosborne979

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 09:16 am
RexRed wrote:
Something created the cosmos and considering the intelligence within the universe.

Those are some pretty broad assumptions. You need to be careful not to anthropormophise your view of 'creation' and 'intelligence within the Universe'.
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 09:17 am
baddog 1 wrote:
Speaking of "poofism"; what is the scientific methodology that began this whole source of life? You know - what started the process of evolution?

Lets see now, if there's a question that can't be answered than it must be supernatural.

That's it!

WOW! Now I have the answer. IT'S GOD.

The Bible told me so.

And all those stupid scientist out there looking for evidence.

Boy oh boy. I sure am glad I'm smart and read the Bible.

Now I know it all.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 09:18 am
baddog1 wrote:
Speaking of "poofism"; what is the scientific methodology that began this whole source of life? You know - what started the process of evolution? Shocked

I don't know. Do you think it was the Flying Spaghetti Monster (may the sauce be upon him)?
0 Replies

real life

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 09:31 am
xingu wrote:
I suppose Real will tell us this all came about because of The Flood.

I suppose you suppose wrong.

I have never said that all geological features are due to the Flood. But some of them may be.

However, what interests me about some formations (which are similar to what you have posted) is that some have large trees which extend through many 'layers' .

These layers would otherwise be assumed to have formed over very long periods of time, but those pesky trees would have had to avoid decomposition for an extraordinary period if that were the case.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 09:34 am
xingu wrote:
baddog 1 wrote:
Speaking of "poofism"; what is the scientific methodology that began this whole source of life? You know - what started the process of evolution?

Lets see now, if there's a question that can't be answered than it must be supernatural.

That's it!

WOW! Now I have the answer. IT'S GOD.

The Bible told me so.

And all those stupid scientist out there looking for evidence.

Boy oh boy. I sure am glad I'm smart and read the Bible.

Now I know it all.

I think baddog's point is that an assertion of the genesis of life by random chemicals building themselves into living beings, without empirical evidence that such really DID occur, is a statement of faith, not science.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 09:35 am
The fact that there is ample evidence along the margins of the basin that show the area was downdropped by a series of catastrophic mobil faults helps the summary analysis. After equilibrium returned and the sites returned to a base level, sedimentation and a new wetland coal forest established itself a few yards above this one. The Illinois coal measures pinch out along their tectonic margins so a"non Creationist" geologist wouldnt waste his clients money by drilling in an area they know is fault blocked.

I asked this before, I wonder how creationist "geologists" make a living? whod trust their advice?
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 09:40 am
farmerman wrote:
I asked this before, I wonder how creationist "geologists" make a living? whod trust their advice?

Are there any professional creationist geologists?
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 09:41 am
It's been ages since I've checked in on this particular arguement, and the same old disscussion continues.

Theists - You must provide something beyond an arguement from incredulty. Further, you have not even made an arguement by incredulty yet, more of an arguement that YOU can't understand evolution, not that it is not understandable or not science.
0 Replies

baddog1

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 09:41 am
farmerman wrote:
The fact that there is ample evidence along the margins of the basin that show the area was downdropped by a series of catastrophic mobil faults helps the summary analysis. After equilibrium returned and the sites returned to a base level, sedimentation and a new wetland coal forest established itself a few yards above this one. The Illinois coal measures pinch out along their tectonic margins so a"non Creationist" geologist wouldnt waste his clients money by drilling in an area they know is fault blocked.

Probably like all "ologists" who believe in creation. By allowing their mind to be open to the possibility of creation - their vision is not so clouded. :wink:

And I would trust their advice at least as much as I would those who do not believe in creation.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 09:57 am
OGIONIK wrote:
umm.... yeah. i think this creator is just another name for mathematics.

the universe is just numbers if you dig deep enough.
if u dig really deep it all comes down to the numero uno.
even deep and u reach, zero.

Yea, zero is the uncreated state and one is the created state.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 09:59 am
rosborne979 wrote:
farmerman wrote:

Are there any professional creationist geologists?

Are there any geologist spiritualists?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 10:03 am
Isn't the big bang just clinical words for poofism?
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 10:10 am
baddog1 wrote:
Probably like all "ologists" who believe in creation. By allowing their mind to be open to the possibility of creation - their vision is not so clouded. :wink:

And I would trust their advice at least as much as I would those who do not believe in creation.

I differentiate between 'creation' and 'creationism'. Creation can be broadly associated with more spiritual beliefs, which don't necessarily conflict with physical evidence.

I tend to associate 'creationism' with a more rigid belief system which in many cases conflict with known science.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 10:11 am
RexRed wrote:

No.
0 Replies

baddog1

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 10:35 am
rosborne979 wrote:
baddog1 wrote:

I differentiate between 'creation' and 'creationism'. Creation can be broadly associated with more spiritual beliefs, which don't necessarily conflict with physical evidence.

I tend to associate 'creationism' with a more rigid belief system which in many cases conflict with known science.

Do you feel the same about 'evolution' & 'evolutionism'?
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 10:56 am
baddog1 wrote:

I don't know. How do you define evolutionism?
0 Replies

baddog1

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 11:17 am
rosborne979 wrote:
baddog1 wrote:

I don't know. How do you define evolutionism?

My definition is irrelevant to your claim. I am asking if you make the same claim in both directions. Such as:

"...a more rigid belief system which in many cases conflict with unknown science" is probably close.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 11:28 am
rosborne979 wrote:
RexRed wrote:

No.

Yes Smile
0 Replies

username

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 11:31 am
Wrong, Rex, lotsa evidence for the big bang. Disconnect your cable connection to your tv, plug in the ol' rabbit ears, tune to a channel that isn't broadcasting. See that "snow"? That's cosmic microwave background radiation. It's everywhere. Left over from the big bang. Lotsa other evidence exists. None exists that god did it.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 12:45 pm
baddog1 wrote:
"...a more rigid belief system which in many cases conflict with unknown science" is probably close.

How can anything conflict with unknown science?

What are you talking about?
0 Replies