Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 02:04 pm
Diest TKO wrote:
Let's see how ID does on the stand.
Indeed!
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 02:30 pm
real life wrote:

I wasn't aware that science was a 'majority rules' type of business.

Shall we go back a little thru the history of science and reminisce about the number of times the 'majority opinion' of scientists has been dead wrong?

Yes let's take a stroll. While we're touring, do you mind if we look at everything wrong that the church has done with a Majority opinion?

I only wish to present twice the quotes to not play truth by democracy, but instead to show that Evolution while challenged, is peer reviewed and supported.

Oh course RL would rather just dodge the below...
Quote:

I object to this line of questions. Let's see how ID does on the stand.

Assuming that everything could be created by something, don't you have to first prove empiracally that 'it' exists? Further, can you prove that by the rules of our universe, it is possible to create by will? What is the limit of 'it's' power? Even if measureable, what is it's power measured in? If not by science (or rules of the universe) by what? If there is an alternative, provide empirical proof. What reason would anything have for making everything at once? If you can provide a reason, provide a source so that you're reason can be colaborated? If reason can only be speculated from silence, what is the purpose of silence?
0 Replies

real life

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 03:54 pm
Diest TKO wrote:
real life wrote:

I wasn't aware that science was a 'majority rules' type of business.

Shall we go back a little thru the history of science and reminisce about the number of times the 'majority opinion' of scientists has been dead wrong?

Yes let's take a stroll. While we're touring, do you mind if we look at everything wrong that the church has done with a Majority opinion?

No, I don't mind at all. Start a thread about it if you wish to discuss. There's plenty that Christians have done wrong thru the ages. (They're all sinners, you know. Just ask them. They'll admit that it's so.)

But I think it extremely funny that you immediately seek to change the subject once the bogus premise of your position is questioned.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 03:59 pm
Diest TKO wrote:
I object to this line of questions. Let's see how ID does on the stand.

Of course you object.

But the title of the thread is 'dont tell me there's no proof of evolution' i.e. 'I think the proof for evolution is abundant and convincing'...........

...............but the moment someone DARES dissent , you object and want to change the subject. So typical.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 04:29 pm
Yet more straw from rl; the objection voiced is not to dissent itself, but rather is to the disreputable, thoroughly dishonest manner by which proponents of the Creationist/ID-iot proposition so typically present what they speciously purport to be dissent, a circumstance illustrated in and validated through rl's latest groundless, insupportable allegation.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 05:18 pm
So since the topic is

'dont tell me there's no proof of evolution'

That imediately disqualifies any discussion on anything related to ID? I guess the only thing that is allowable is statements that prove evolution, and critisism on them. posting comments on prove counter to evolution would also be out of topic.

Face it. I can post whatever I feel is relevant to disscusion.

So stop dodging, and aswer my questions. You're on the stand.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 08:57 pm
Diest TKO wrote:
Face it. I can post whatever I feel is relevant to disscusion

Yes, you can.

So why do you object to others when they do so?

That is my whole point.

Why is it ok for you, but not for others?

There's a word for that.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 12:11 am
Straw man, rl - the objection does not pertain to the fact that others post, the objection goes to the point of what certain others post. Deist takes issue with the forensically illegitimate form and manner of response you, among those certain others, persist in bringing to this discussion. Time after time after time in this discussion, proponents of the Creationist/ID-iot proposition, you among them, have been challenged to provide substantive, valid support for that proposition, and no response meeting that challenge has been forthcoming.

As near as I'm able to determine, THIS was Diest TKO's first post to this discussion (in response to a post of yours, BTW). Subsequent to that have been some 4 dozen or so others. A bit later than that first post was followed by

[url=http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2410345#2410345][u][i][b]Diest TKO[/b][/i][/u][/url] wrote:
real life wrote:
How funny.

The title of the thread is basically 'don't you dare criticize evolution ( because it's a settled fact) '.

When someone starts to criticize evolution, then all the evolutionists want to change the subject!

INCORRECT IN ALL WAYS.

The title of this thread addresses the Creationists who claims that there is NO evidence of evolution.

Evolutionists aren't changing the subject, their simply saying that if you reject the evidence of evolution you;d better be ready to bring some of your evidence. Even if you disprove evolution, the answer doesn't defalt to creationism any quicker than it defaults to us being cloned by aliens or born from seeds floating through space, or any other BS idea of how we came to be.

Evolutionist strategy: Provide facts; evidence. Continue to investigate all theories.

Creationist strategy: Try and default evolutioinist facts and evidence to be cicumstancial. Provide NO secular evidence. Avoid all contrary investigation. Remind youself, to the best of your ability, that you don't need to be convinced of anything outside of your own beliefs. Rinse. Repeat.
wherein Diest specifically took you to task for presenting what amounts to a minor variation the same straw man you've just - and for the umpteenth time - produced. That is what Diest TKO is objecting to.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 01:04 am
Thanks, but RL won't answer my questions. It's not that he elects not to, it's just that he can't provide anything.

I look forward to the day an actual intellegent PRO-ID person comes along willing to engae in intellegent conversation. this will be hallmarked by the person willing to investigate alternatives and acknowledge ALL present evidence.

The truth is, I'm fine with someone believing in ID etc. I just would like to know why. An arguement by incredulty is not enough. Evolution is constantly being reformed and refined as a origin concept for life. I'll welcome any alternative theory, but bring it. Bring it, and be ready to recieve criticism, practice some critical thought, what kinds of holes are in your thoery?

Hell, to be fair, I won't rule out ID or related theories including space seeds or the spegetti monster, just bring it. Bring it and be ready to defend it.

don't come in, step on excepted peer reviewed theory and demand me to default to your theory.

Imagine we did just that; you came in and disproved evolution with enough facts. now everyone just adapted creation as fact. Nobody would know why they believed what they do. They would be nothing; knowledge would be void. thought and querry into the subject would be thought of as irrational, and worse heiracy.

There is many reasons beyond personal desire that I wish for ID/creation to take the stand and defend itself.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 01:04 am
BTW,

thanks Timber.
0 Replies

anton bonnier

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 08:40 pm
RL and his ilk are destined to have the gears of their minds.... jammed in reverse, pity they don't know about the clutch.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 04:15 pm
A Creation/Evolution debate has broken out on IMDB because of something that was said in a movie. Smile A fantasy movie. For some reason, this cracks me up.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 06:09 pm
In case you're missing me, Eorl Jnr born Friday 12th. I'll be off a few more weeks yet. Don't go answerinig all the big questions while I'm away. Without me, you won't have any way of knowing you're wrong! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2007 08:07 am
congrats there fella. Now the era of "sleep deprivation" has begun, thats why I lost all my powers of cognition during my younger days, too much baby poop to del with.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2007 12:24 pm
Eorl wrote:
In case you're missing me, Eorl Jnr born Friday 12th. I'll be off a few more weeks yet. Don't go answerinig all the big questions while I'm away. Without me, you won't have any way of knowing you're wrong! Twisted Evil

Congrats Eorl. I've not been around much due to my projects (and it doesn't look like much has been going on), but it's good to hear that baby Eorl is here. Cool
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2007 03:17 am
Happy belated B day for the boy. Cheers Eorl.
0 Replies

chiso

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2007 12:17 pm
There's no proof for evolution.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2007 01:57 pm
chiso wrote:

Incorrect. False.

There is plenty of proof for evolution, proof against, but at least the dialogue on Evolution is based on proof.

There is no proof for creationism. Creationists simply hope to disprove evolution and hope to reinherit the default status.

Trying to fire conversation up again?
0 Replies

real life

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2007 08:50 pm
chiso wrote:

*gasp*

They said not to say that!

Now I will agree that the proof offered for evolution is unconvincing, largely circumstantial and based on assuming evolution in order to prove evolution.

Even Darwin was raised in a family of evolutionists.

The common picture of Darwin launching out on the Beagle as an objective truth seeker, and being compelled by the evidence to put forward his theory is a great Hollywood style myth.

Darwin assumed evolution and lined up circumstantial evidence to try to make his case.

Finches beaks? C'mon.

Have human beings who have large mouths evolved from those with smaller mouths?

Have humans with great hand eye coordination evolved from those without, thus improving the ability to hunt and gather food?

Please.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2007 09:08 pm
chiso wrote:

This statatement just proves you know nothing about evolution. Try reading about it. You might be surprised to learn you do not have to give up your belief in a god, just the fairy tales created by people to try and prove there is a god.

That's all I have to say on the matter.
0 Replies