Don't tell me there's no proof for evolution

farmerman

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2012 06:08 pm
@Yahoojack,
When you cant handle the give and take of a debate you shouldnt attempt to instigate one in the first place.

If all you can do is cast insults at people,then I too have no interest in what YOU have to say. Youll never be confused with being a deep thinker so its best you try to find some corner of the web where you can scream obscenities at passersby.
spendius

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2012 04:15 am
@farmerman,
Have you got a team fm which might be tasked to calculate the number of insults you and your claque have tossed in my direction over the years.

Would you care to make a guess at the number?
farmerman

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2012 06:23 am
@spendius,
I assume that your use of the word "claque" was not an occasion of congratulation. Therefore you probably feel that It is only acceptable for you and no others to engage in rude behavior and insults are your birthright. How did you get your license?

If you feel maligned by me or any others you can always report me to the ownership of the site. They may wish to ban me if you feel threatened.
spendius

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2012 06:57 am
@farmerman,
Don't be so ridiculous fm. I'm not a snitch to the headmaster. It's a short term anachronism were I to grant you permission to insult me because you have been assuming you had that permission for 8 years. I just wish you could do it a little more stylishly. At least that might be amusing. As it is it is boring.

Banning you would be as daft to me as removing the spring board would be to a high diver.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2012 07:20 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Forget about Jesus. Somewhere a star died that you may live. Lawrence STrauss

How can we forget about Jesus? The Gospels are the greatest stories ever written and all the best literature is based upon them.

You are stuck with it I'm afraid. So is STrauss. It is the foundation of our culture. If STrauss wishes to start a new culture then let him explain what it is and how we get there. Knocking the one we have is no more than pulling out the tongue at people.

And only a madman would care a tuppeny damn whether a star died that he may live. If you allow that there are 200, 000, 000 sperms then 199,999,999 of them died that you may live. Your leetle brudders and seestahs no less.

Does it make you swoon, a little oceanic so to speak, that a star died so that you may life? It does rather prove you are the Big Cheese. Assuming a star did die that you may live. Which I would need some evidence for before I would believe such tripe.

I know who and what you are because we only differ in some very minor respects and I know who and what I am. And the minor respects are adjustable if the exploration of the hierarchy of knowledge is not stalled at where it was in the back seat of a Buick 6.
farmerman

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2012 10:02 am
@spendius,
dont have a flatulence attack spendi. I still grant you permission to sound as hackneyed as ever.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 10:17 pm
Stop the presses! Evolution has been disproved!

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2012 05:11 am
@hingehead,
It's a failed SNL skit.
0 Replies

nknorr

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 11:35 am
@aperson,
Evolution, by definition, is the adding of information from genes of the parents to the child. Therefore, the parents would have to give something to the child that they themselves do not have. (This has never happened, at any time, in recorded history) Mutations are the changing of data by a miscopying of the genes, it's actually a losing of information. So basically you just proved evolution to be false by your own questions, congratulations.
Setanta

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 12:09 pm
@nknorr,
You display a breath-taking ignorance of how genes work to affect the individual.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 12:14 pm
@nknorr,
If it is the losing of information then how do you explain when extra genes are transferred to offspring? Wouldn't an extra gene be MORE information?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 02:05 pm
@nknorr,
simple transcription errors, realignment of gene pairs from both parents, errors in folding of entire gene complements AS WELL AS environmental mutations, all are sources of NEW GENES. Why are you so ignorant of that simple fact? You seem to want to spout opinion but you are simply uninformed of the fact
Joe Nation

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 02:25 pm
@spendius,
Spendius:
For someone so obviously well-read, you cannot seem to see the poetry in front of you.
The stars are the E-Z Bake Ovens of the Universe. They produce all the elements in their nuclear furnaces until they explode in a nova and spew all those lovely occupants of the Periodic Table out into space.
Those elements are what we are made of, so,
see,,,,
if those stars didn't die and spew,
there's be no me and there'd be no you.

Joe(we are stardust....we are golden....)Nation
nknorr

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 07:30 am
@farmerman,
Obviously you don't understand genetics. There has been no new information introduced, it's the information that was already there and has just not been copied correctly. Nothing new, just different.
Setanta

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 07:42 am
@nknorr,
Ah-hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha . . .

You can't beat this place for free entertainment.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 07:47 am
@Joe Nation,
I prefer Flaubert's version in Salammbo. I can't remember the exact words. "The dark spaces where new worlds are created."

Did you think I need telling those things Joe?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 07:55 am
@nknorr,
Wow...
That would be like arguing that introducing a burning match into a mixture of hydrogen and oxygen produces nothing new. It's just different.
spendius

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 08:01 am
@parados,
The flash is different. Is anything else?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 08:18 am
@nknorr,
Quote:
Nothing new, just different.
In that "nothing new" can come of tripartite combinations of GATC and sometimes U.

You gotta read some waay more about genetics and genes son.
Might I suggest you start with Watsons book "DNA" an Fairbanks book"Relics of Eden"
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 08:20 am
@parados,
Or 'no need to do any research on the web son, it's all just ones and zeroes.'
0 Replies