Simple tool for avatar making

Reyn

Reply Thu 23 Nov, 2006 02:02 pm
In case there's anyone who doesn't know about this site, Resize Pic is a very simple tool for making avatars without having to download any program for doing it. You do the process completely online.

You just save a picture on your computer, and then upload it to the site and you get a reduced one when you put in the resolution size.

Then, the final step is to save the new pic back to your computer, and ready to upload here.

Couldn't be easier. :wink:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 6 • Views: 18,850 • Replies: 27
No top replies

Heatwave

Reply Thu 23 Nov, 2006 02:31 pm
Cool! Thanks, Reyn, this is useful. I've tried so many times to resize avatar-worthy pics, and *never* been successful. This seems the perfect tool.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Thu 23 Nov, 2006 02:52 pm
Thanks Reyn! I always have to go through a bunch of futzing around with Paint to get piccies down to avatar size, this looks much simpler.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 23 Nov, 2006 03:00 pm
You bet! Glad I could help.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 23 Nov, 2006 03:16 pm
I use flickr to resize pics. They give you four or five sizes to choose from, then I save them on my computer to use for whatever. I make avatars this way.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 23 Nov, 2006 03:24 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
I use flickr to resize pics. They give you four or five sizes to choose from, then I save them on my computer to use for whatever. I make avatars this way.

PIXresizer is my favourite - you get additionally to some suggested handy seizes the chance to choose any seize you want.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 23 Nov, 2006 03:29 pm
Another flickr feature I like, you can build a network of friends and acquaintances there.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 23 Nov, 2006 03:33 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
PIXresizer is my favourite - you get additionally to some suggested handy seizes the chance to choose any seize you want.

Yes, that looks like a good program as well, but my suggestion was intended for folks who only want to make the occasional avatar and not to have to download a program to do this to their computer.

It's quick and simple.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 23 Nov, 2006 04:40 pm
ITs
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 23 Nov, 2006 05:28 pm
cool, I'll check this out later

thanks reyn.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 24 Nov, 2006 07:45 am
Now my post has absolutely no context
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 24 Nov, 2006 09:02 am
farmerman wrote:

haha, You know me, wait 5 minutes, and a new Reyn emerges, but I knew what you were on about. that's all that really matters.

By the way, you know who the latest is? :wink:
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Fri 24 Nov, 2006 06:29 pm
Reyn wrote:
farmerman wrote:

haha, You know me, wait 5 minutes, and a new Reyn emerges, but I knew what you were on about. that's all that really matters.

Well, I know Reyn's trying to be comforting and everything, but that's not really all that matters, now is it? I'm still not convinced the ol Farmer hasn't finally lost his marbles for good and all...
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 24 Nov, 2006 07:31 pm
I used to play with marbles.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 24 Nov, 2006 07:37 pm
And some of us are well-marbled..
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Fri 24 Nov, 2006 10:04 pm
Very Happy You guys both made me laugh.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 04:55 am
Someone mentioned that Reyns new avatar was some British guy who did something funny once. I have sophisticated face matching software and it came up with a coupla possible matches
Harold Lloyd
Rick Corbett
Dave Corbett
Count Floyd
0 Replies

adlo

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 06:50 am
help me farmerman
Dear Farmerman, Sorry for intruding on this post, but I didn't know of another way to contact you. I'm a grad student in Japan, hoping to utilize an easy-to-use, ideally portable fermentor as part of my research. Currently, I'm looking for a way to process plant waste that accumulates while maintaining traditional Japanese landscape (Jpn: Satoyama) into ethanol.
I read your earlier comment regarding your homesetup, and would like some advice. How can I contact you?
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2006 10:14 am
farmerman wrote:
I have sophisticated face matching software ....

Unfortunately, most stores that sell software won't give you a refund once you open the box.

Nonetheless, I'd write the manufacterer and give them a piece of your mind.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 05:17 am
Adlo-We didnt get involved with ethanol. We have been trying to produce biodiesel. Our biggest problem is getting rid of all the glycerine.
We are also noticing an increase ininterest by farmers.

A number of years ago, Phelps Dodge was interested in making ethanol out of garbage and other solid waste. The pilot work had quite an odor problem initially and required some investment in throughput mechanisms.
0 Replies