90% Of Europeans Think Global Warming Caused by Humans

Setanta

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 11:02 am
I'm glad to know, LE, that a city the size of London is acting responsibly in this matter. Kudos to you and to London.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 11:21 am
<We have such since now 15, 20 years Embarrassed >
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 11:24 am
DrewDad wrote:
Have you considered skipping the hunting for a weekend and taking an English class?

"Contributes to" does not equal "caused by."

Have you considered that if you'd bothered to follow the link I provided, you'd see I simply cut and pasted both the title and article? I've never claimed to have super duper English skills but I'm more than capable of spotting a troll in the threads.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 11:26 am
I'm sorry, Walter, but you're Germans, and we can't be seen praising you.

(And in my experience, far too many humans piss into the wind.)
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 11:27 am
Setanta wrote:

(And in my experience, far too many humans piss into the wind.)

That's why there's the sapiens.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 11:31 am
I am from a foundry family. We were recyclers for forty years, until our government, in its infiniite wisdom, decided foundries were a bad thing. We even melted down tons of guns...
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 11:34 am
http://i10.tinypic.com/4g65d74.jpg

cjhsa wrote:
I've never claimed to have super duper English skills but I'm more than capable of spotting a troll in the threads.

http://i9.tinypic.com/2vxovfr.jpg
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 11:38 am
cjhsa wrote:
DrewDad wrote:
Have you considered skipping the hunting for a weekend and taking an English class?

"Contributes to" does not equal "caused by."

Have you considered that if you'd bothered to follow the link I provided, you'd see I simply cut and pasted both the title and article? I've never claimed to have super duper English skills but I'm more than capable of spotting a troll in the threads.

So you accepted the Drudge Report's title without question? IMO, that makes you gullible, too.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 11:43 am
cjhsa wrote:
Lord Ellpus wrote:
The green hopper on the right, is the one for the garden waste (including "edible" waste as mentioned by Set....i forgot that bit)

Hey, if your community supports recycling, then by all means, do so. But once again urbanites seem to think that everyone has access to the same services they do. It simply isn't true. Most communities in the U.S. with less than a quarter million people don't have free recycling, and people won't pay to do it especially when garbage pickup is cheaper. If you lived in a small town, and the feds told you you have to provide recycling for your citizens and that they must participate, yet you had no facilities for the task, what would you do? I can tell you exactly what many would do, pick up the recycling with the garbage truck and take it to the landfill, and charge more for it.

AHH! The American way.

Good luck with your next batch of hurricanes, by the way. Oh, that probably doesn't affect you directly, so you probably don't give a ****.

Carry on....
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 12:04 pm
To clarify: those 20 years I mentioned refer to my native town (20,000 inhabitants) and hwere I live now (75,000 inhabitants).

The "15" isn't true, though: it all started 01.01.1990 - in the whole republic.

(And the bigger cities have been a bit slower in supplying the bins as well: m-i-l [200,000 inhabitants] didn't get all before 1994 or so ...)
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 12:06 pm
Is this what A2K has become? A bunch of creeps following cj around?

And about that hurricane comment Elpus, you just lost any semblence of credibility you had with me and I'm sure with many others at A2K that read that. You're a jerk.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 12:09 pm
cjhsa wrote:

Calamity Jane hasn't posted here yet. Besides, it's none of your business that I've met her and will most probably her again here in Germany.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 12:34 pm
Setanta wrote:
I'm glad to know, LE, that a city the size of London is acting responsibly in this matter. Kudos to you and to London.

Not really anything to do with me, Set....OR London councils.

If the legislation hadn't been thrust upon us, like a firecracker up our backsides, we'd have all probably carried on being totally ignorant of the need to reduce landfill, and just carried on chucking tins, bottles and paper into bloody great stinking holes that used to be part of our beautiful countryside.

It certainly made me think about the whole question of what we are actually doing to our planet, even though cjhsa would like to belittle me by making references to me being a "bin hugger".
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE FOR cjhsa.....:-

I love my recycling bins, cjhsa, even though they were originally forced upon me.

I'm also proud to make that statement.

I get the same sort of feeling every time I chuck an empty can into the recycling bin, as I would imagine that you do when you make a deer's head explode.

Yeah, THAT good!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 12:40 pm
Are you saying I'm wasteful? That I don't recycle? What is your point?
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 12:41 pm
cjhsa wrote:

And about that hurricane comment Elpus, you just lost any semblence of credibility you had with me and I'm sure with many others at A2K that read that. You're a jerk.

Carbon dioxide helps warm the atmosphere, which helps warm the seas, which in turn, gives extra energy to hurricanes thereby making them more powerful and devastating.

By doing what I can to prevent my own little personal world from producing more co2 than necessary, I feel I'm not heating this planet up as someone (probably like you) who is either ignorant of the situation, or just doesn't give a ****.

Whether co2 emitted by humans is having a significant effect on the weather is irellevant to me. I just know that "human" co2 must be having SOME effect.
I leave the finer points to scientists, but I'm sure there are many reputable websites that you can google, that can demonstrate how "our" co2 is having an adverse effect.

On a persoanl note cjhsa, I'm a bit concerned about you of late. Is there something that's happened recently, to make you suddenly become so oafish?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 12:42 pm
cjhsa wrote:

I see . . . so you start threads, but you don't want anyone to respond?
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 12:45 pm
He's probably upset because the voters in his home state decided to ban dove hunting. He got positively livid when that happened and has been on a tear ever since. More oafish than usual, I mean.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 12:45 pm
No, he's right Setanta - we're all out to get 'im. Boolah boolah!!!!
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 12:47 pm
Setanta wrote:
cjhsa wrote:

I see . . . so you start threads, but you don't want anyone to respond?

You can respond, but apparently only if you agree with his oft times bizarre opinions. Anyone who disagrees will be branded a "troll" and subjected to the usual invective.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 12:47 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Are you saying I'm wasteful? That I don't recycle? What is your point?

Wasn't it clear?

I get great enjoyment out of recycling.
You get great enjoyment out of killing certain animals.

Different strokes, that's all. We both enjoy ourselves in our own, quiet little way.
0 Replies