majority rules

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 02:17 pm
dyslexia wrote:
Sturgis wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
edgarblythe wrote:
It's a never ending process, trying to give America back to the people.

If you're talking about the invaders from south of the border....you might have a point. Who is at fault for that?
According to a certain female Senator from the Northeast it is all part of a vast right-wing conspiracy.

No conspiracy, just simple minded bigotry.

Damn right!
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 02:18 pm
Hillary's a bigot? I had never heard that before...
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 02:35 pm
Sturgis wrote:

Perhaps you have bean too busy herding sheep.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 02:52 pm
Baaaaaaaaa!
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 02:55 pm
Sturgis wrote:

& she probab;ly can't remember, don't recall
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 02:57 pm
Tedious, ain't they?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 02:58 pm
I think she's a clueless panderer, but haven't seen the evidence of bigotry. Can ya supply any?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 02:58 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Sturgis wrote:

You probably don't remember but that was Reagans defense re IranGate (I don't remember)
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 03:32 pm
dyslexia wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Sturgis wrote:

You probably don't remember but that was Reagans defense re IranGate (I don't remember)

Actually, I do, bust we weren't talking about Reagan.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 05:57 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Sturgis wrote:

Nor were we talking about Hillary
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 06:16 pm
dyslexia wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Sturgis wrote:

I didn't bring Hitlery up
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 06:21 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Sturgis wrote:

Nor can you spell Hillary. I suppose just a common disrespect of a persons name.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 06:34 pm
So totally 3rd grade to misspell someones name in an ignornant attempt to degrade the person. just say what you have to say about the person.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 08:31 pm
Sturgis wrote:
And so it was that less than 2 full weeks after the election the whackadoodles were back out in full force attacking the conservative voices of America. It is absolutely stunning! .

You are one clueless individual if you still believe that the government you've had for the last six years, in any way, shape or form, represents conservative principles.

This has been a corrupt, venal government clearly as bad as the worst banana republic ever known to mankind. And Congress are boy scouts compared to the idiot in the WH.

You should thank your lucky stars that there are people around to remind you just how lucky you are to have escaped these scoundrels before they did more damage.

Quote:

The Worst Congress Ever
How our national legislature has become a stable of thieves and perverts -- in five easy steps

MATT TAIBBI

These past six years were more than just the most shameful, corrupt and incompetent period in the history of the American legislative branch. These were the years when the U.S. parliament became a historical punch line, a political obscenity on par with the court of Nero or Caligula -- a stable of thieves and perverts who committed crimes rolling out of bed in the morning and did their very best to turn the mighty American empire into a debt-laden, despotic backwater, a Burkina Faso with cable.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/12055360/cover_story_time_to_go_inside_the_worst_congress_ever

0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 08:54 pm
Re: majority rules
dyslexia wrote:
While I readily admit that i am not a fan of "majority rules" I must note that the hard-core right bible-thumpers have consistently expressed such an agenda. I also note that the hard-core right bible-thumpers have had a consistent agenda of (1) derail roe v wade (2) public prayer and (3) (anti-gay rights) of whcih none has advanced even though they have had Reagan/Bush 41/Bush 43 as well as a republican congress and now the majority have elected a congress dominated by democrats leaving the prospect of their agenda in the dust. I am thinking they might have a clue but by reading their posts they are left out of the american reality. Will fiscal (western) conservatism be able to defeat southern bible-belt conservatism? Will Goldwater ideology defeat Falwell? I have no idea but It seems to me that the dems (for better or worse) will continue to dominate the political scene for 10-12 years.

With respect to your prediction that the Democrats will dominate the political scene for the next 10-12 years, I believe a careful interpretation of the facts will reveal the very considerable risk that you are wrong - certainly a bad bet at even money.

You also imply that the issues of Roe vs. Wade; "gay rights" and opposition of legal barriers to the public recognition of a creator, are the exclusive domain of "hard core right bible thumpers". Here as well the facts don't support your contention. Many non Falwell conservatives see Roe vs. Wade as a judicial usurpation of powers reserved to the states and their legislatures - as with other criminal matters. They are disturbed by the court's finding of a new "right" based on "emanations and inferences" they "found" in unrelated parts of the Constitution. Some non bible-thumping conservatives see the demand for enhanced rights for protected classes of citizens ("gays") as itself an infringement on individual rights and the power of legislatures. Finally many see no foundation in the establishment of religion clause for the judicial prohibition of any form of recognition of a creator in public events.

There has been an evident shift of the American electorate towards center right government for a long time. One could as make a better case that Bush and the current Congress lost because they were insufficiently energetic in controlling public spending and applying real conservative principles, than could be done claiming that they were insufficiently attentive to the Democrat agenda (whatever that is).
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 10:10 pm
dyslexia wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Sturgis wrote:

Nor can you spell Hillary. I suppose just a common disrespect of a persons name.

I'm soooo glad that you're above all that. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies