Headlines 11/16/2006

cjhsa

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 06:33 am
Just a few things from today. I'm so happy about our new government, I can't help myself.

Emboldened Democrats to Urge Iraq Exit...

Congressman Calls for Cutting Off War Funds...

General Warns of Risks in Iraq if G.I.'s Are Cut

ANNAN: Climate change is as serious as WMD...

GORE: Australia and US 'Bonnie and Clyde' of global warming...

Carville Says Dems Should Dump Dean over 'Rumsfeldian' Incompetence...

'Do we want to go into '08 with a C-minus general at the DNC?'

Iraq minister says some hostages tortured, killed

OJ: If I Did It....

Iraq, Al Gore films in running for Oscars documentary prize...

Iran says about to take "final step" in atomic plan

Iran sanctions negotiations stall at U.N.

Bush reassures Asia allies after election blow

U.S. sees reinvigorated al Qaeda in South Asia

Michigan's jobless rate falls to 6.9%

With Dems in power, labor ramps up gameplan

FIRST MUSLIM CONGRESSMAN SNUBS PRESIDENT... Hangs out with Labor Leaders Instead

CNN Larry King Admits He's Never Used The Internet: 'Do You Punch Little Buttons and Things?'
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 530 • Replies: 13
No top replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 07:05 am
Proposals for raising the Drivers' license fees by $10 and raising license plate renewal fees by $25 a year, Governor Doyle, WI

(of course poor people don't pay those taxes, now do they?)
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 07:33 am
Re: Headlines 11/16/2006
cjhsa wrote:
Just a few things from today. I'm so happy about our new government, I can't help myself.

Emboldened Democrats to Urge Iraq Exit...

Is this good news to you? or bad? Just how long do you want your lads to remain there? How many are being killed and injured each day?

Congressman Calls for Cutting Off War Funds...

Awwwww...poor Halliburton. My heart bleeds for them.

General Warns of Risks in Iraq if G.I.'s Are Cut

Would have been a lot less risk if they'd stayed out altogether, and gone after AQ instead.

ANNAN: Climate change is as serious as WMD...

Note the headline doesn't say Global warming. Yes, climate change, for any reason, can have a significant effect. In some parts of the world, it has already been quite devastating.

GORE: Australia and US 'Bonnie and Clyde' of global warming...

Obviously a phrase used to ensure a headline. I think I know what he means, though. Not just those two, either. India and China are quite a worry to those countries who don't belt out excessive amounts of pollution per head, as well.

Iraq, Al Gore films in running for Oscars documentary prize...

I've heard pretty good reviews about his film(s). Did you not like them? Have you actually watched one?

Iran says about to take "final step" in atomic plan

Now, if it's true, and not just some "they've got WMD's" spin again, I agree that this is worrying.

Bush reassures Asia allies after election blow

I'm sure that this was a comfort to them.

U.S. sees reinvigorated al Qaeda in South Asia

Mission accomplished, eh?

Michigan's jobless rate falls to 6.9%

This is GOOD news, no?

FIRST MUSLIM CONGRESSMAN SNUBS PRESIDENT... Hangs out with Labor Leaders Instead

Does he/she not have the right to do this? Personally, if I saw Bush coming, I'd avoid him like the plague.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 08:24 am
After 90 years in San Francisco high schools, the Junior Reserve Officers' Training Corps must go, the San Francisco school board decided Tuesday night.

NOTE to Elpus: As a freshman member of congress you don't snub the presidents invitation to a welcome meet and greet and the Whitehouse to go meet with thugs. He's a Muslim Thug. Surprise!
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 08:53 am
cjhsa wrote:
After 90 years in San Francisco high schools, the Junior Reserve Officers' Training Corps must go, the San Francisco school board decided Tuesday night.

NOTE to Elpus: As a freshman member of congress you don't snub the presidents invitation to a welcome meet and greet and the Whitehouse to go meet with thugs. He's a Muslim Thug. Surprise!

thugs? Labor leaders are thugs? An elected congressman is a thug?

Yeah.. you MUST meet with the president even if the president's supporters call you names from under their sheet.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 08:58 am
cjhsa probably thinks that "kiss up, and screw down" is the way to do things, so he can't understand a congressman snubbing a president he doesn't like or respect, in favor of taking care of the people's business.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 09:03 am
The "peoples business" is best served by that young muslim thug making political connections instead of cozying up with the mob. But, whatever, I hope he has fun.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 09:10 am
cjhsa wrote:
The "peoples business" is best served by that young muslim thug making political connections instead of cozying up with the mob. But, whatever, I hope he has fun.

I am curious how meeting with the President is making "political connections." Is the President going to treat a muslim as anything other than a "thug"? Or is that just cjhsa who is hiding under the sheet? Maybe you need to cut bigger eyeholes in it.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 09:15 am
Maybe this muslim thug has no reason being in D.C. Thanks a lot Minnesota for not paying attention to what box you checked at the polls! Vote that big D!
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 09:38 am
cjhsa wrote:

NOTE to Elpus: As a freshman member of congress you don't snub the presidents invitation to a welcome meet and greet and the Whitehouse to go meet with thugs.

Is this not snubbing thing written into a rule book somewhere? Or is it just one of these unwritten rules, meant for people who set out from day one, with the sole intention of arse kissing their way up the political ladder.

It seems that he has drawn attention to himself, merely because he has bucked the trend.
Personally, I would be more worried about the seemingly sychophantic majority, who just go with the flow, and at the end of the day, just become another self serving bunch of "yes men".

cjhsa wrote:
He's a Muslim Thug. Surprise!

Thug? Is there any evidence to support such a libellous claim? I don't see you stating this as merely your own personal opinion, so it would appear that you can prove this matter in some way.

Would you have the same apparent anymosity towards him if he were a Christian?

How would you feel towards him if he were a Muslim, but a staunch Republican?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 09:41 am
Lord Ellpus wrote:
How would you feel towards him if he were a Muslim, but a staunch Republican?

I'd be pissed too because he's been robbing me at the gas pump for years.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 10:49 am
TV host Rosie O'Donnell says there's no reason for Americans to fear terrorists because they are just moms and dads like us.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 10:53 am
Airport Arrest Turns Up Nuclear Info

Pelosi Named Speaker

Voodoo Practitioner Tries to Jinx Bush...
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 11:36 am
Hey, some good news! ALF/ELF Members Sentenced!

http://portland.fbi.gov/dojpressrel/2006/arson110906.htm
0 Replies