Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 01:59 pm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 614 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Miller

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 09:49 am
This observation appears to be specific to female as opposed to male breast cancer.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 07:47 am
You can probably avoid red meat and still have breast cancer, just as many non-smokers still get lung cancer. Cool
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Thu 23 Nov, 2006 10:10 am
Be sure to eat lots of chicken and turkey. Laughing
0 Replies

CowDoc

Reply Thu 23 Nov, 2006 10:39 am
Oh, please! If sufficient studies are done, you can link damned near anything to some kind of tumor. After thrity years of anecdotal, non-scientific observation, I am totally convinced that - other than viral tumors - the most consistent factor in neoplastic occurence is genetic. There are certainly other considerations. Mammary tumors in dogs are quite common in unspayed females, and I assure you that most of them I saw ate dog food rather than red meat. The common factor for them was estrogen, not diet. On the other hand, I saw a total of two hyper-aggressive pancreatic tumors in dogs, and they were fourteen months apart - in a mother and daughter Lhasa Apso pair. Think there could have been a hereditary component there?
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Thu 23 Nov, 2006 11:09 am
CowDoc wrote:
... Mammary tumors in dogs are quite common in unspayed females, and I assure you that most of them I saw ate dog food rather than red meat.

COw Doc, we're talking about human breast cancer, not canine!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 23 Nov, 2006 11:15 am
Even if there is a red meat connection, it may be how that meat was raised, with which hormones, rather than some factor about the meat itself.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Thu 23 Nov, 2006 11:19 am
ossobuco wrote:
Even if there is a red meat connection, it may be how that meat was raised, with which hormones, rather than some factor about the meat itself.

Also, how the meat was cooked.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 23 Nov, 2006 11:29 am
Quote:
COw Doc, we're talking about human breast cancer, not canine!

MIT had completed a long term study on genetic components of polymorphism and disease occurences in different dog breeds and discovered that single nucleotides , genetically transferred within specific breeds leads to many of the so called "favored ailments" that dog breeds can carry. AS a result , te researchers have begun transferring their methodologies to various human populations.
If your gonna eat steaks, remember to properly select your ancestors
0 Replies