Who Lost Iraq?

LoneStarMadam

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 03:44 pm
Zippo wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
McTag wrote:
Zippo is correct of course.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Actually, you have made a good point here. What you've suggested may be Bush's only last hope. He can avoid execution after his trail at the Hague by simply laughing out loud 24/7 at anything and everything. He may be excused because of his mental illness...its a way out.

Why didn't you answer the question then abiout the Pelosi Conyers dereliction of duty, if it was a good point?
You honestly believe that Bush will stand trial in the Hague?
Do you often poke fun at or wish death on people that you percieve as suffering mental illness?
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 03:47 pm
Zippo wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
McTag wrote:
Zippo is correct of course.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Actually, you have made a good point here. What you've suggested may be Bush's only last hope. He can avoid execution after his trail at the Hague by simply laughing out loud 24/7 at anything and everything. He may be excused because of his mental illness...its a way out.

Oh my, do you often poke fun at or wish death on the mentally ill? Shocked
Is that some of the compassion that Dems like to speak of?
Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 03:52 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Do you really think Israel used even half there military force against Lebanon? DO you honestly think that the war in Lebanon is a true testament to the military power Israel has at it's disposal?

I don't. I think you use it as an example to flaunt your opinion and nothing more.

According to Israeli sources, McG, more than 40,000 troops were committed to a small region of southern Lebanon--and, once again according to Israeli sources, they failed to acheive their military objectives. Members of the IDF complained that they often weren't fed, didn't reliably have drinking water, and were often sitting ducks on the road waiting for someone to decide what they should do and give them orders.

None of that is to the point though--the point is about Iraq. I wrote one paragraph about Israel and their stupidity in the Lebanon. I wrote quite a long post about Iraq. Do you have something to say to the subject, or did you just hope to dodge the implications of what i wrote. I clearly remarked, by the way that i was expressing my opinion in the final paragraph. When you use "flaunt," you're just attempting to color the remarks unfavorably. How about addressing point by point what i said about the middle east, McG? Are you willing and able to do so?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 04:02 pm
Lone Star Madam should stick to running the Lone Star Whorehouse (another Bushco enterprise, i would assume), and lay off the Constitution.

Article I, Section 8 of the Constitution delineates the powers of Congress, and reads, in part:

[Congress shall have the power:]

To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;

To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;

To provide and maintain a Navy;

To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

Lone Star Madam claims that Congress ceded its war making power. If Lone Star Madam is so goddamned well-informed, it should be a simple matter for her to provide the evidence and a source to back it.

My source for that quote of Article I, Section 8, is The United States Constituion Online, and specifically, the page for Article I, Section 8. As incredible as it may seem to Lone Star Madam, many of us have read the Constitution, and more than once. That's how i knew where to look for the relevant passage.

Put up or shut up, LSM, where's your evidence that Congress "ceded" its war-making powers?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 04:28 pm
On the assumption that brandon is going to stay tucked under his covers on this bright new morning...

I'm going to plunk a substantial piece in here. It's subject is greater than gus's original question, but it relates absolutely to the arrogance and incompetence that has led to Rumsfeld's and the administration's well deserved fall and to the tragic mess in the middle east.

I'm specifically including portions on "terrorism". For those who can read and learn. Link is here.

Quote:
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 04:34 pm
I found Iraq.. it was under the passenger seat of my Explorer....
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 04:37 pm
"Lone Star Madam should stick to running the Lone Star WHorehouse (another Bush enterprise, I presume? & lay off the Constitution"
ROTFLMAO That takes some grit, telling me to lay off the Constitution, in other words shut up, you don't like the first amendment to the Constitution, I take it. lol
BTW-"Madam" isn't always a whorehouse keeper....maybe you could brush up on history....
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 04:40 pm
I didn't tell you to shut up . . . i just pointed out that you are making **** up, and don't know what the hell you're talking about.

As for assuming that you run a whorehouse, the Lone Star Madam part combined with a defense of that dipshit from Texas naturally lead to thoughts of prostitution.

Where's that evidence that Congress ceded its war-making powers to the President, hmm? Having a little trouble finding that? If the Shrub didn't need Congress to authorize his dirty little war, why did he get a Congressional resolution in advance? Complete with lies and faked evidence . . . my, my, my.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 04:54 pm
Setanta wrote:
I didn't tell you to shut up . . . i just pointed out that you are making **** up, and don't know what the hell you're talking about.

As for assuming that you run a whorehouse, the Lone Star Madam part combined with a defense of that dipshit from Texas naturally lead to thoughts of prostitution.

Where's that evidence that Congress ceded its war-making powers to the President, hmm? Having a little trouble finding that? If the Shrub didn't need Congress to authorize his dirty little war, why did he get a Congressional resolution in advance? Complete with lies and faked evidence . . . my, my, my.

You do know what it means to assume, right? However, it isn't I that is the ass. You apparently don't read a lot either. lol Lone Star & The Denver Madam, is what I took my name from.
You can not point to one post where i have defended George bush, not one. So get along now, pick on somebody that your oh so powerful intellect impresses.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 04:55 pm
Oh, & "leave the Constitution alone" If you're not telling me to not speak to it, what are you saying? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 05:06 pm
That's a good piece from NYRB, Blatham.

I yearn for the time when the weight of such evidence and opinion is at last seen to have reached critical mass, Bush figures drop below 2% and the remaining backwoodsmen go back to their swamps.

Then, we could have an enquiry about how the US Administration was able to mislead the country and misuse the civilised world.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 05:12 pm
Remaining backswoodsman? What makes you think they'll go back? The trailer trash from Arkansas didn't go back, they swindeled the US taxpayer out of funds to make their house payment in NY, now one of them is the senator from NY. lol
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 06:12 pm
You're giving yourself away again, dearie.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 06:29 pm
McTag wrote:
That's a good piece from NYRB, Blatham.

I yearn for the time when the weight of such evidence and opinion is at last seen to have reached critical mass, Bush figures drop below 2% and the remaining backwoodsmen go back to their swamps.

Then, we could have an enquiry about how the US Administration was able to mislead the country and misuse the civilised world.

hi big fella

It is an extraordinary publication, and each issue is a treasure. If you take a look back at the link and go over the contents, including previous issues, you'll get a good idea of the range of content and the quality of the analyses/writing.

There seems to be something like 20-30 % of any population which will fall with frightening ease to totalitarian seduction. I expect that some such percentage in the old Soviet Union countries still wish the old regime back. Or Israel. Or Iran. Or Canada.

I used to bemoan what I saw as a general apathy as regards political activism. I now consider it a saving grace. When circumstances push towards an increase of that base percentage (promoting fear is one means, promoting hatred another side of the same coin) then we get the French Revolution or the Red Guards or Leninist hordes or the modern US conservative movement.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 06:41 pm
The billposter's bucket approach.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 06:44 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Oh, & "leave the Constitution alone" If you're not telling me to not speak to it, what are you saying?

I'm telling you that you demonstrate all too obviously that you don't know **** about the Constitution, in the first place, and that you're making **** up when you say that Congress ceded its war-making power, in the second place. You can run your mouth and prove you're a fool to your heart's content, and you can expect to have it pointed out.

I note that you have not provided a shred of evidence to support that horseshit statement. I'll bet you're a Freeper. But here, unlike FreeRepublic, you'll get called on to provide evidence for your statements, and if you can't provide it, you'll be taken for a loud-mouth bullshit artist.

As for Wesley Ellis . . . no, i don't read cowboy fiction, i've got better ways to spend my time.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 07:21 pm
George Bush.

When you kick over an ant hill you don't blame the ants for biting your leg.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 09:25 pm
Setanta wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Oh, & "leave the Constitution alone" If you're not telling me to not speak to it, what are you saying?

I'm telling you that you demonstrate all too obviously that you don't know **** about the Constitution, in the first place, and that you're making **** up when you say that Congress ceded its war-making power, in the second place. You can run your mouth and prove you're a fool to your heart's content, and you can expect to have it pointed out.

I note that you have not provided a shred of evidence to support that horseshit statement. I'll bet you're a Freeper. But here, unlike FreeRepublic, you'll get called on to provide evidence for your statements, and if you can't provide it, you'll be taken for a loud-mouth bullshit artist.

As for Wesley Ellis . . . no, i don't read cowboy fiction, i've got better ways to spend my time.

"I'll bet you're a freeper"
There you go again, talking about something personal that you don't have the first clue about. I have never been to Free Republic, so be careful what accusations you make because you could get called on that & asked to provide backup, & if you can't (which I guarantee that you can't) we;ll talk about a loud mouth. mmmm 'k.
The point wasn't that you don't read "cowboy fiction", the point was, once again, you don't know what you're talking about.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 09:26 pm
blatham wrote:
You're giving yourself away again, dearie.

A very insightful post, of course it would be helpful if you mentioned to whom you were posting & what you meant....could you do that for us? thanks.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 09:30 pm
LOL
0 Replies