Who Lost Iraq?

McTag

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 08:27 am
Bush and Blair's press conference- the Guardian humourist's summary.

A good laugh, if you're not Republican.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Columnists/Column/0,,1967316,00.html
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 09:24 am
So George Bush and the conservatives invaded Iraq to bring freedom to the Iraqi people and, hopefully, to the Middle East.

What a bunch of crap. Like religion conservative ideology is based on faith, not reality or common sense.

Look at Saudi Arabia, one of our best friends in the Middle East. Very oppressive with virtually no democracy at all.

It's the country where a majority of the 9/11 terrorist came from. And, as it is turning out, it is the country financing our enemies in Iraq.

Quote:
Saudis reportedly funding Iraqi Sunnis
By SALAH NASRAWI, Associated Press Writer
Fri Dec 8, 2006

Private Saudi citizens are giving millions of dollars to Sunni insurgents in Iraq and much of the money is used to buy weapons, including shoulder fired anti-aircraft missiles, according to key Iraqi officials and others familiar with the flow of cash.

Saudi government officials deny that any money from their country is being sent to Iraqis fighting the government and the U.S.-led coalition.

But the U.S. Iraq Study Group report said Saudis are a source of funding for Sunni Arab insurgents. Several truck drivers interviewed by The Associated Press described carrying boxes of cash from Saudi Arabia into Iraq, money they said was headed for insurgents.

Two high-ranking Iraqi officials, speaking on condition of 96(typo from article)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061208/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq_insurgency_saudi

Did not Bush say to the effect that if you support terrorist you are our enemy. Is that not one of the reasons he gave for attacking Iraq?

Well the citizens of Saudi Arabia support our enemies and Pakistan supports the Teliban which, in turn, support Al Qaeda. But both of them are our friends.

One other thing I might mention about democracy. Hamas, a freely elected government in Gaza, was rejected by the Bush administration because it refuses to recognize Israel and is labeled a terrorist organization. So democracy is not just a freely elected government, it is a freely elected government that must meet the approval of the American government.

I wonder what kind of government Saudi Arabia would have if held a free election and chose its leaders.

I may also mention that this is an indication that this unnecessary invasion of Iraq by Bush is slowly turning into a regional conflict between the Sunnis and Shiites. This has been something Saudi Arabia, as well as other countries in the Middle East, have been fearful of. I believe it is coming to a point that we can no longer control it and a far worse conflict will emerge in the future.

George Bush's invasion of Iraq is a blessing for terrorist who want to destabilize the Middle East.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 10:38 am
Who Lost Iraq?

The PNAC.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 10:47 am
Bush destablized the Middle East all by himself; what a legacy! The governments of the Middle East should award Bush the "medal of freedom."
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 10:52 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
Bush destablized the Middle East all by himself; what a legacy! The governments of the Middle East should award Bush the "medal of freedom."

Yes, the Middle East was the very model of stability prior to 2003. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 10:54 am
Some people don't understand anything!
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 11:34 am
McT

Wonderful piece! Tah. Lots of good bits, but this war my fav...

Quote:
Alongside Hirohito's concession after Hiroshima - "the war has developed not necessarily to Japan's advantage" - we can now add another majestic euphemism, "disappointed by the pace of success".
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 12:45 pm
McGentrix wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:

Yes, the Middle East was the very model of stability prior to 2003. Rolling Eyes

A hell lot more stable then than now, after George Bush screwed things up. Saddam was doing us a big favor. He was a counterweight to Iran and kept a lid on the different factions that's currently tearing the country apart. Things are so bad now we have had Bush apologist on A2K suggesting we should do as Saddam did in order to bring stability to Iraq. They even suggest nuking Iran, literally.

Containment worked and it was cheap.

And now your trying to suggest things are more stable than in 2003 prior to Bush's war?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 12:52 pm
Whose suggesting that Xingu?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 12:57 pm
McG wrote: Yes, the Middle East was the very model of stability prior to 2003.

xingu wrote: A hell lot more stable then than now, after George Bush screwed things up.

McG responded with: Whose suggesting that Xingu?

Do you understand anything about inference? Naw.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 01:11 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:

xingu wrote: A hell lot more stable then than now, after George Bush screwed things up.

McG responded with: Whose suggesting that Xingu?

Do you understand anything about inference? Naw.

Laughing Laughing Please stop.... my sides hurt.

C.I. wrote: Bush destablized the Middle East all by himself

Xingu wrote: And now your trying to suggest things are more stable than in 2003 prior to Bush's war?

Obviously the rolly eyes emoticon was not enough to note the sarcasm in my post. Please try to follow what's going on C.I., though I do appreciate the laugh. It is always appreciated.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 01:48 pm
McG, You didn't say anything by your last post, except it provided you with a good laugh. Is that the best you can do?
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 06:09 pm
It's been a bad week for the Pres, even by his standards.

What are his approval figures now?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 06:17 pm
27 percent - and dropping.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 06:19 pm
BTW, with his impossible pursuit to bring democracy to the middle east, his approval rating may drop to the teens - something I predicted many months ago. Bush is so out of touch with the real world, it's a wonder some still support this sociopath.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 06:24 pm
Mac wrote-

Quote:
What are his approval figures now?

What do approval figures have to do with serious issues?

It's mid-term Mac. The voters can have a grumble without it costing them anything. It's called a protest vote or a "Can I have a little more?" squeal.

How were the "approval figures" derived?

Surveys can be conducted at various times of the day and in different locations to arrive at any idea you might care to mention. And that is allowing that the question is objectively phrased which it sometimes isn't.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 06:26 pm
Quote:

Surveys can be conducted at various times of the day and in different locations to arrive at any idea you might care to mention.

A bunch of Righties swore the same thing prior to our elections - that the surveys were meaningless. But the votes matched them pretty closely in the end.

Even more, I think that you would be hard pressed to take a survey at any time or location which would give Bush a positive approval rating.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 06:32 pm
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 06:34 pm
c.i. wrote-

Quote:
Bush is so out of touch with the real world, it's a wonder some still support this sociopath.

Do you mean to say that all that electoral process which we followed avidly in the run up to Mr Bush's election by American voters and the hundreds of millions of dollars expended and all that razz resulted in you being led by a "sociopath".

Perhaps Irish and Polish jokes are out of date. A new level of mass stupidity has been discovered by c.i.

Perhaps you should run a monkey in 2008.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 06:36 pm
Seriously, a monkey would have been much safer for the world - including the UK.
0 Replies