Who Lost Iraq?

heartofthesun

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 04:47 pm
spendius wrote:
hots wrote-

Quote:
no. go back, think again, and then return. i will be waiting.

I suggest you do. The quote has Goering saying "tell them they are being attacked".

You were attacked. On your sacred temples. The pride of Mammon twins, the Pentagon and, one supposes the downed plane was for the White House. What audacity. What cunning. What determination.

Right there on television. The nation's heart and lungs and it's brain a lucky escape.

What Goering act-alikes would have done with that doesn't bear thinking about. Try thinking about it.

The comparison was ridiculous and was actually nothing but a cheap smear.

what is the point that you are struggling to make?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 04:50 pm
hots, spendi comes in and out of making sense - on most topics.
0 Replies

heartofthesun

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 04:58 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
hots, spendi comes in and out of making sense - on most topics.

*phew* good to know.
i was starting to worry Laughing
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 05:16 pm
heartofthesun. apparently unfamiliar with spendi, wrote:

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/8048/lgn025ta1.jpg
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 05:18 pm
hots, Visit tihs thread, and you'll see spendi as the long ranger with Tonto (Two against everybody else).
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=50511&start=8350
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 05:23 pm
timberlandko wrote:
heartofthesun. apparently unfamiliar with spendi, wrote:

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/8048/lgn025ta1.jpg

Now, that's a find, timber.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 05:42 pm
timber, Great find, is right! Speaks a thousand words.
0 Replies

heartofthesun

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 05:46 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
hots, Visit tihs thread, and you'll see spendi as the long ranger with Tonto (Two against everybody else).

Laughing Laughing Laughing
what an awesomely psychedelic thread!
man, i wish i could free-associate like spendi Laughing
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 06:24 pm
You are saying that history is repetitive. I'm saying it isn't.

This is a quote written in 1934 about things written in 1800 or so.

"The extensive wars which Louis XIV had to wage in the course of his reign, which ruined the state's finances and the people's faculties,(NOTE THAT), none-the-less found the secret of enriching an enormous quantity of those bloodsuckers who are always on the look out for public calamities, which they engender instead of appeasing, in the direct intention of thereby making greater profits. . . . "

I don't buy it even though it has more style than the 2006 version or the 2,006,000 millionth version using the number of times it has been played.

It's too simple.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 06:30 pm
That picture is nothing like me. That chap seems to be offering you, the viewer, a pint. I would never do that and I haven't been in a barber shop since I emerged unscathed from the military through no skill on my part.

Only vanity or being a member of Bernie's "emasculated sheepdom" could force one into such a place.
0 Replies

heartofthesun

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 06:55 pm
spendius wrote:

"The extensive wars which Louis XIV had to wage in the course of his reign, which ruined the state's finances and the people's faculties,(NOTE THAT), none-the-less found the secret of enriching an enormous quantity of those bloodsuckers who are always on the look out for public calamities, which they engender instead of appeasing, in the direct intention of thereby making greater profits. . . . "

I don't buy it even though it has more style than the 2006 version or the 2,006,000 millionth version using the number of times it has been played.

It's too simple.

regardless of whether history is cyclical, human nature remains fundamentally unchanged. fear is a powerful organizing factor -- see: religion.
0 Replies

Monte Cargo

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 12:24 am
heartofthesun wrote:
spendius wrote:

It's too simple.

regardless of whether history is cyclical, human nature remains fundamentally unchanged. fear is a powerful organizing factor -- see: religion.

When one probes the deeper reaches of philosophical analysis, fear can be interpreted as something to respect.

Take, for example, the fear of breaking one's leg. In this life, once human beings past a certain age, we become fearful of breaking our necks our putting our eye out.

Think grumpy parents: "Hey, you're going to break your neck!" or "Be careful, you could put an eye out."...This becomes very annoying when the only thing you hear out of your parents is "You'll break your neck", or "You'll put an eye out!"

As humans age, bones become more brittle. Skydiving, especially when blind, really scares the seeing eye dog.

Motocross riding, while a rush when we are in our teens and twenties, becomes a concern as we enter our fifties and sixties. Eddie Van Halen had to have hip surgery. Fear is the very emotion that acts as a biological barometer to ensure our survival.

Remember also, the great truism...He who fights then runs away, lives to fight another day!

The phrase, "God fearing people" which you apparently mock in your elitist atheistic statement means simply that people of religion are not ridiculously reckless in matters of spirtual content. The flip side would be Kamikaze pilots, or suicide bombers (see Jihadist). There is no romance to man not knowing man's limitations and everyone has an inherent set of limitations.
0 Replies

Monte Cargo

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 12:44 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
spendius wrote:
cyclo wrote-

Quote:
you, and many others like you, were so completely and boneheadedly wrong about WMD in Iraq, and why I, and those like myself, were so completely correct,

On what basis did you come to be sure there were no WMDs at that time.

You must have had some reason to be able to state that back then. What was it?

Were you as sure about the intention to get them as well?

The weapons inspectors kept saying 'there are no WMD that we can find. Perhaps with more time we will...'

But we didn't give them that time, because Bush acted as if it was a goddamned emergency and we had to invade Iraq with no delay. But it wasn't, we didn't have to invade right then, we found nothing, and those like me who said that we wouldn't find anything from day one were absolutely correct.

As for intentions? Of course he intended to do bad things. Our governments have a responsibility to decide the best way to deal with those who wish to do bad things. Invasion was the choice that they made, I think it was an idiotic choice, did at the time too. The problem was, those in charge didn't have a clue what kind of situation they were unleashing. Those of us who have studied the actual history of the region know (knew) that the occupation would be disastrous.

Cycloptichorn

On the basis of substance, serin nerve gas has been found in Iraq, and Jordan stopped a truck containing enough chemicals to produce a chemical weapon that could lay waste to the population of a moderate-sized city.

Hundreds of bio-suits were discovered in barracks formerly occuped by the Republican Guard along with thousands of hypodermic needles and containers of atropine, which is used as an antidote for nerve agents.

Furthermore, the British intelligence report involving Saddam and the existence of WMD stockpiles in Iraq was the same intelligence that many other countries had. The possibility that Saddam merely moved the WMD to another location is the testimony of Iraqui General Sada, who claimed that Saddam flew the WMD to Syria in a series of 52 sorties, using the guise of a mission of humanitarian aid, when a Syrian dam broke.

While I certainly can see room for debate moving forward with the information we now have, the intelligence at the time made the situation quite different. Even Bill Clinton, Madeline Albright, John Kerry and all of the democratic leaders looked upon Saddam Hussein the same way, as a menace who would attack if given the opportunity.
0 Replies

heartofthesun

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 01:34 am
Monte Cargo wrote:

The phrase, "God fearing people" which you apparently mock in your elitist atheistic statement means simply that people of religion are not ridiculously reckless in matters of spirtual content. The flip side would be Kamikaze pilots, or suicide bombers (see Jihadist). There is no romance to man not knowing man's limitations and everyone has an inherent set of limitations.

but, again -- fear is a great organizing tool, isn't it? see: religion.

a mocking elitist, atheistic statement? methinks you are the one being judgemental in a chip on the shoulder kinda sensitized way....
0 Replies

heartofthesun

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 01:39 am
Monte Cargo wrote:
Even Bill Clinton, Madeline Albright, John Kerry and all of the democratic leaders looked upon Saddam Hussein the same way, as a menace who would attack if given the opportunity.

yes, yes. but noone wanted to go to war as pre-emptive action. none of these people TOOK US TO WAR with iraq!!

you have a pain in your ear, so you bash in your right knee? where the f**k is the logic?? W H E R E?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 04:49 am
Is this the relevant legislation-

Quote:
This legislation, titled the "Authorization for Use of Military Force," passed the Senate by a vote of 98-0; the House of Representatives passed it by a vote of 420-1. This joint resolution authorizes the President "to use all necessary and appropriate force against those nations, organizations, or persons he determines planned, authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001, or harbored such organizations or persons, in order to prevent any future acts of international terrorism against the United States by such nations, organizations or persons."

or not?
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 05:08 am
cicerone imposter wrote:

Oi Gobby Gob, I support factions I view as being correct, not for the sake of it being Spendi!

Check the full thread out matey, you will note I hardly appear on it, so your rash, indiscriminate and asserted meanderings are total crap.

As a point of interest, I did not agree with the war in Iraq from day one, I could see nothing to justify it, and amongst these pages, at the time I remember referring to the actions as 'Opening a can of worms' or perhaps Pandoras Box.

I will support our lads wherever they are sent, and if I was a serving member of the forces would go where directed. But rest assured, I am concerned regarding the war, the deaths, and the money involved.

If I had my way, I would have released Saddam the day he was found in that hole, put him back in charge and gone home with all of our lads.

America paid an horrendous price for their involvement in Vietnam, one would think that a great lesson in 'other peoples business' should have been learned!

Obviously it wasn't.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 05:21 am
Quote:
That chap seems to be offering you, the viewer, a pint. I would never do that

That's a very funny response, spendi.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 05:25 am
old europe wrote:
It amazing how similar the arguments of the "WMD have been moved to Syria" and "Bush was behind 9/11" conspiracy theorists are.

Usually goes along the lines of

- you can't disprove that it's a possibility
- there are just too many questions surrounding the issue
- there are tons of material that hint at something

Funny.

OE...if you haven't bumped into it yet, here's the (properly) celebrated essay on the matter... http://www.kenrahn.com/JFK/conspiracy_theory/the_paranoid_mentality/The_paranoid_style.html
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 05:40 am
spendi wrote
Quote:
So when it comes to "emasculated sheepdom" consider the general view of de Sade and compare your macho bravery to his.

I know who the emasculated sheepdom are and you, Bernie, are a member.

It is hardly fair, in a friendly debate such as this one, to ask a man to compare himself to his heroes. You hit below the belt and there is no chance at all that will be forgotten. I will hunt you down like a dog.

Quote:
Our organised authority is so secure and confident that it can afford you to lambast it in public without turning a hair.

Sure, if it is just me. We have differing notions of the salutary effects of neighborhood guillotines.

Quote:
But what is of greater concern is that our enemies observe these divisions in our ranks and it gives them confidence and as they see the prospects of our retreat grow they can be garuanteed to fight among themselves over who fills the vacuum we would leave.

Thus I see this opposition to our voted for war policy as a force to prolong the nightmare with our men caught in the middle. If our war aims are not realised it will be a defeat for us and a victory for our enemies and it will be blazed as such from radio and TV stations right throughout the Islamic world and will politicise them like nothing you have ever seen before.

Had you completed your homework assignment, I would have responded here.
0 Replies