Who Lost Iraq?

McTag

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 04:40 pm
spendius wrote:
Mac-

Take the Crossman Diaries on and then add 40 years.

Our parliament was presented with an infamous "dodgy dossier" about Iraq's capabilities and intentions, before the invasion vote was taken.
They were lied to.

Are you saying this was of no importance? Or what exactly are you saying?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 06:03 pm
Cy took me to task on WW11

I thought it American terminology. Sorry. I was being polite.

Mac. Not The Government. I said party members. The fodder. You don't think they know what's going on do you?

The PM only goes to the H of C for the photocall.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 06:28 pm
McTag wrote-

Quote:
Welcome, Monte Cargo. The Right on these threads needs another good writer, because most of them have slunk away, having been proved wrong over Bush and the Iraq invasion.

I only came on goaded by that.

I had assumed that the right had given up trying to deal with infantilism rather than it having "slunk" away, having been proved wrong on anything.

We wouldn't want any silly ideas like that getting abroad.

Most lefties have to buy Which Magazine in order to know which is the best toaster and even then they get f****d over.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 07:21 pm
spendius wrote:
Cy took me to task on WW11

I thought it American terminology. Sorry. I was being polite.

Mac. Not The Government. I said party members. The fodder. You don't think they know what's going on do you?

The PM only goes to the H of C for the photocall.

Ah, I was just joshing ya - we do call it that, but we use II instead of 11.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 08:43 pm
McTag wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
Setanta wrote:
You laughed your pathetic ass off yesterday, so the reasonable conclusion is that you don't have one to lose today.

This is not an obsession--everyone at this web site who posts regularly knows what's up with trolls. Even if you are not involved, your appearance, spreading your smelly **** all over the site on the very first day has shown you to be a troll, whether or not a recurrent troll.

How is she a "troll," Set?

Before you answer, you must know you spread your **** here on a frequent basis for the rest of us to smell, so that can't be the only criteria you're looking at.

Setanta wrote:
You've been here three days--and you are averaging nearly 50 posts per day--48.33 posts per day according to your profile. You puke it as fast as the nastiest troll.

lol. You've been here roughly 1,490 days, and you average 24 posts a day. That's some industrial strength sustained puking going on there, Set.

No, this is just par for the course. You spotted a poster you dislike, and you're going to do everything you can to make them feel unwelcome, in the hope they will go away.

"...the only criteria..."?

Dear oh dear.

He proclaimed her a troll based on only that criteria.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 10:04 pm
People like Setanta are closed minded, nobodys opinions or views matter or are important unless those opinion or views coincide with his.
I don't take his ramblings seriously because he doesn't know any better, he's to be pitied, really.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 10:53 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
People like Setanta are closed minded, nobodys opinions or views matter or are important unless those opinion or views coincide with his.
I don't take his ramblings seriously because he doesn't know any better, he's to be pitied, really.

pity? this then from a troll who returns weekly in disguise? pity?

uh uh. dont forget, stay on the meds before you freak out and start capitalizing when angry and for god' sake don't post any crap from that guy you'd love to teabag, judge posner.

you're a skunk boy, and can't change your scent, 190 posts in three days; you must have been very lonely.
0 Replies

Monte Cargo

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 10:55 pm
blatham wrote:
Quote:
PC is the culprit & I say that because people refuse to call this war what it is, a religious conflict.
Answer to our third & only, IMO, relative question, it is Bush/Rumsfeld/Cheneys faylt that the war has not been handeled the way it should be.

Iraq was a secular state. The original proposition justifying attacking Iraq was that it held chemical and nuclear weapons. How is this religious?

Blatham, I really enjoy reading your posts, but I'll have a crack at this question.

While you are right on the money that Iraq is a secular nation, when the peripheral suspects see Americans in any Middle Eastern nation, they spin out because they jes' don't like us Westerners hanging around in any Moslem nation, secular or otherwise.
0 Replies

Monte Cargo

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 11:03 pm
kuvasz wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:

uh uh. dont forget, stay on the meds before you freak out and start capitalizing when angry and for god' sake don't post any crap from that guy you'd love to teabag, judge posner.

you're a skunk boy, and can't change your scent, 190 posts in three days; you must have been very lonely.

Hey polar bear, lighten up! There's plenty of salmon to catch. Both sides of the igloo are spacious? Hibernation is great!

Your attack of LoneStarMadame demonstrates well the point I was making about the insurgency in Iraq. You making this post is the perfect example to demonstrate how Americans are perceived in Iraq by all the various shades of insurgents. Follow this...

See, you probably don't really like Sentana that much, except when someone you don't know demonstrates some conflict or opposition. Just like you probably wouldn't normally go to a party with Sentana, he's sort of on your side and you go to his defense when he's debated on a thread, because you and Sentana share more in common with each other.

Now how about cutting the crap and sticking to the topic before I or someone else reports your posterior to the moderator. I'm new but I don't care. LoneStar deserves to post as much as you, Sentana or anyone else and it diminishes you to reduce yourself to accusing other posters of having alties or being alties. I'm sure that you have many good points you can bring to the discussion.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 11:10 pm
kuvasz wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:

Oh, forgive me, I feel pity for you too. Feel better now?
Another one that worries about how i spend my time, you're another obsessive?
It chaps your raggedy ass to not know who I am doesn't it. You're just fishing boy & you've ran out of bait.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 12:02 am
Whether casting bait or rising to it, one so engaged participates in the practice of trolling.

Now, with little expectation of improved success, I'll offer again ...

AHEM
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 12:07 am
timberlandko wrote:
Whether casting bait or rising to it, one participates in trolling.

Now, one last time,

AHEM

Thanks for AHEM participating
Why did you contribute? Aren't you doing exactly what you seem to be condemming?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 12:19 am
No, not at all ... just offering observation based on experience; I'd rather not see this discussion get shut down thanks to some folks with difficulty maintaining adult, civil manner of discourse, particularly as regards direct member-on-member ad hominem attack. I would be unsurprised were that to turn out to be a futile, forlorn hope ... also based on experience.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 02:19 am
kuvasz wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:

Side bet?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 02:19 am
Monte Cargo wrote:
Hey polar bear, lighten up! There's plenty of salmon to catch. Both sides of the igloo are spacious? Hibernation is great!

His avatar is a Kuvasz dog, I believe. Recently lost, if I understand correctly.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 02:21 am
timberlandko wrote:
No, not at all ... just offering observation based on experience; I'd rather not see this discussion get shut down thanks to some folks with difficulty maintaining adult, civil manner of discourse, particularly as regards direct member-on-member ad hominem attack. I would be unsurprised were that to turn out to be a futile, forlorn hope ... also based on experience.

Welcome to A2K, Monte Cargo and LoneStarMadam.

What timber is recommending, in a manner of speaking, is that you not rise to the bait of Setanta and kuvasz. Easy (and good) advice to give, but harder to follow. I certainly find myself responding to their nonsense frequently. One thing you will notice is they both often have a difficult time keeping a degree of civility in their posts.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 04:14 am
Ticomaya wrote:
McTag wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
Setanta wrote:
You laughed your pathetic ass off yesterday, so the reasonable conclusion is that you don't have one to lose today.

This is not an obsession--everyone at this web site who posts regularly knows what's up with trolls. Even if you are not involved, your appearance, spreading your smelly **** all over the site on the very first day has shown you to be a troll, whether or not a recurrent troll.

How is she a "troll," Set?

Before you answer, you must know you spread your **** here on a frequent basis for the rest of us to smell, so that can't be the only criteria you're looking at.

Setanta wrote:
You've been here three days--and you are averaging nearly 50 posts per day--48.33 posts per day according to your profile. You puke it as fast as the nastiest troll.

lol. You've been here roughly 1,490 days, and you average 24 posts a day. That's some industrial strength sustained puking going on there, Set.

No, this is just par for the course. You spotted a poster you dislike, and you're going to do everything you can to make them feel unwelcome, in the hope they will go away.

"...the only criteria..."?

Dear oh dear.

He proclaimed her a troll based on only that criteria.

You missed my point, which was a dig.

"Criteria" has a singular, which is "criterion". In the sense in which you used it, the singular form was required. Sorry. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 04:25 am
Ticomaya wrote:
timberlandko wrote:

Welcome to A2K, Monte Cargo and LoneStarMadam.

What timber is recommending, in a manner of speaking, is that you not rise to the bait of Setanta and kuvasz. Easy (and good) advice to give, but harder to follow. I certainly find myself responding to their nonsense frequently. One thing you will notice is they both often have a difficult time keeping a degree of civility in their posts.

Timber is correct, and Tico is correct sometimes.

I personally have more sympathy with any occasional incivilty, because of exasperation with the warmongers and dunderheads we have to deal with.

Sometimes a policeman can be polite, and sometimes he has to use a billy-club. It all depends on the circumstances, and what he is dealing with at the time.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 04:35 am
spendius wrote:
McTag wrote-

Quote:
Welcome, Monte Cargo. The Right on these threads needs another good writer, because most of them have slunk away, having been proved wrong over Bush and the Iraq invasion.

I only came on goaded by that.

I had assumed that the right had given up trying to deal with infantilism rather than it having "slunk" away, having been proved wrong on anything.

We wouldn't want any silly ideas like that getting abroad.

Then let me return to my earlier question, which has not yet been answered. For newcomers here, I was against the invasion of Iraq.

The question was: what has been achieved by the invasion of Iraq?

(hint: I'm looking for positives only. Negatives are 600,000 needless deaths, world is more unstable, the only secular state in the ME has been dismantled thus playing right into the hands of muslim extremists, the dollar is weakened and further threatened, Israel's position is more precarious, America's policy in the ME is now in reverse, etc etc)
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 04:49 am
McTag wrote:
You missed my point, which was a dig.

"Criteria" has a singular, which is "criterion". In the sense in which you used it, the singular form was required. Sorry. Crying or Very sad

Ahh ... picking at nits, were you? Smile
0 Replies