The Draft will settle it

snood

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 11:57 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
If you're "active," how come you didn't know about the $20K bonus?

I don't know a whole lot of things about a whole lot of areas in the Army. And I don't think I appreciate the tone of your question.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 11:58 am
I don't like the tone of many responses to my posts either. So what?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 12:02 pm
Nothing, C.I. Just don't know why you have to be a jackass for no reason, that's all.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 01:56 pm
No worse than you or anybody else. Why do you need to call me a jackass for such unimportant topic?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 03:08 pm
OK - I apologize, C.I. It just seems to me like you and I were friendly before you left, and not so much since you've been back.
And I thought you remembered all the times I'd talked about my military service on A2K.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 03:12 pm
snood, I probably should have remembered your "service," and apologize for the recent blank. My fault for this lax in memory.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 03:49 pm
No prob, man.

I leave for Ft Polk on Wednesday, November 29th, and I report to Baynes-Jones Army Hospital to work in the Pharmacy on December 11th. It should be my last duty assignment before retirement.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 03:51 pm
snood wrote:
No prob, man.

I leave for Ft Polk on Wednesday, November 29th, and I report to Baynes-Jones Army Hospital to work in the Pharmacy on December 11th. It should be my last duty assignment before retirement.

Sweet! The end is near...

How will you stay busy after?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 03:55 pm
I should have my master's and certification to work as a counselor by then and will try to get work either in the school system, as a substance abuse counselor, or as a LPC for dysfunctional families.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 03:56 pm
snood wrote:
I should have my master's and certification to work as a counselor by then and will try to get work either in the school system, as a substance abuse counselor, or as a LPC for dysfunctional families.

Cool. My girl is studying for her PsyD right now - it's why we came to Cali...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 04:43 pm
Doctor of Psychology?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 04:50 pm
Yeah. It differs from a PhD in Psych in that it is designed for those who intend to go into actual practice, instead of doing clinical research.

Right now my girl does Cognitive-Behvioral therapy with Autistic kids under the age of 3. Interesting stuff.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 04:51 pm
Our son just finished writing his last paper for his bachelors in psychology. We're waiting with baited breadth, because he's been in and out of college for almost 20 years.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 04:57 pm
I think the techniques and theories used in Cognitive and Emotive Behavioral Therapy are fascinating. Until this past year, I would have been skeptical about their efficacy in treatment of children like those, or with individuals suffering from severe schizophrenia. But I've seen some amazing stuff.

C.I. - I hear you, and I empathize with your son. I took forever to get a degree. But it's really never too late.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 05:17 pm
I worked at two nonprofit organizations during the last 18 years of my career that helps developmentally disabled children and adults. It was some of the most satisfying of my career, even though I didn't work with the clients, I worked in management to stabilize their finances while providing higher pay and better employee benefits.

I watched in amazement as staff helped their charges improve the clients with their daily living skills and working at jobs in and out of our agency.

The most satisfying was the infant program where the staff helped parents and families to help their disabled child or sibling improve their potential for life skills.

Even the most capable live in independent living quarters with regular jobs. Our staff just checks up on them on a regular basis.

What happens most often in families with a disabled child is that parents and siblings do too much for the disabled, and they don't get the opportunity to grow on their own. Early stimulation and self-sufficiency is very important.
0 Replies