The Draft will settle it

talk72000

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2006 08:42 pm
Brandon, you show that You and W are on the same page - a regression in time by justifying war with paraphrasing 'most wars are started by nations taking what other nations have like Saddam taking Kuwait'. That was outlawed by the UN and W with his pre-emptive war is nothing more than old-style invasion and tryingto steal Iraqi oil. We are now hopefully in a more just world not the savage world you aspire to. Thjis is why the Republicans lost and the world looks with apprehension till W is off the world scene 2008.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2006 01:58 pm
talk72000 wrote:
Brandon, you show that You and W are on the same page - a regression in time by justifying war with paraphrasing 'most wars are started by nations taking what other nations have like Saddam taking Kuwait'. That was outlawed by the UN and W with his pre-emptive war is nothing more than old-style invasion and tryingto steal Iraqi oil. We are now hopefully in a more just world not the savage world you aspire to. Thjis is why the Republicans lost and the world looks with apprehension till W is off the world scene 2008.

I dare you to provide the tiniest particle of evidence that we are stealing Iraqi oil.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2006 02:59 pm
Re: The Draft will settle it
talk72000 wrote:
When you go to a store and select the product you pay for it. However, what I have noticed is that a master goes to a chic store selects an expensive gift and the poor servant has to pay for it. That master is W and the poor servant's are the poor kids signing up for the National Guards and Reserves and paying for W's Iraq decision.

Rangel suggests re-introducing the Draft. I suggest there should be binding vote for the public. Those who select "stay the course" will incur the provision that they, their sons and daughters of military age, willing and able will be given first preference to serve in Iraq. That is only fair, you pay for what you choose/buy!

What poor kids?
You and Charlie needs to know some facts.

http://www.dod.mil/prhome/poprep2002/chapter2/c2_education.htm

Of enlistees ages 18 - 24 , on average over 90% have a HS Education. 10% some college.

By race, White by a good majority.

This do NOT include stats for older enlistees or those who graduate from the Acadamies.

This concept portrayed by Sen Kerry and Rep Rangel that our military is made up of poor stupid inner city people is just flat wrong and the stats attached prove it.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2006 04:30 pm
talk72000 wrote:
Thomas, that volunteer army is close to bankruptcy. Reserves and Guardsmen are being sent on repeated tours of duty in Iraq. They didn't sign up for war duty as a regular but as a reserve. W is distorting the word of 'reserve' as normallt used and guardsmen are for 'home' duty not overseas assignment again a distorsion of the "National" Guards.

Wasn't the NG also sent to most of the major conflicts in the last 70 years.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2006 11:38 pm
Baldimo, Really? Gosh, W and Dan Quayle were lucky, weren't they? during the 60's well within the ' last 70 years'. Why all those rich kids trying to get into the Guards?
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2006 11:42 pm
woiyo, you think I trust the DOD? They trashed W's AWOL records. Those could be cooked records especially with departed Rummy in control.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2006 11:49 pm
Brandon, there are as many ways to skin a cat as to steal oil making it look like it is legit. The mafia made it look like an accident when they took care of business. This bunch in the White House are gangsters and Americans have realized that.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 07:02 am
talk72000 wrote:
woiyo, you think I trust the DOD? They trashed W's AWOL records. Those could be cooked records especially with departed Rummy in control.

Your cynical approach is not inconsistant. The stats are from 2002 and are the FACTS.

If you would rather think the truth lies in the comments of a politician, that is your choice. However, the FACTS are what they are...FACTS.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 07:39 am
talk72000 wrote:
Brandon, there are as many ways to skin a cat as to steal oil making it look like it is legit. The mafia made it look like an accident when they took care of business. This bunch in the White House are gangsters and Americans have realized that.

You accused the president of stealing Iraqi oil. I asked only that you provide a particle of evidence to support your claim. Apparently you cannot.

It is unethical to pepper the board with accusations against people when you have no evidence at all that they're true. I am not asking for an air tight proof that we are stealing Iraqi oil - merely that you support your claim just a little with facts. Apparently you cannot. Stop making accusations that you really don't know are true. It's unethical.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 10:42 pm
Brandy, Not only that W is a war criminal.

Woiyo,

That story about the heroics of that girl injured in the invasion and that football player. Wow, that football player was killed by American soldiers! The Pentagon went on and on about his heroics!
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 10:55 pm
The point is that the war is in dire need of recruits and why is that? While the Islamists seems to swell with suicide-recruits. I see none of the same zeal with the "stay the course" crowd. The reason is that the war is unjust and that is why the "stay the course" crowd wants others to do the fighting while they reap the profits.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 12:06 am
talk, We can't get enough recruits even when our government offers a $20,000 signup bonus, and promises of a college education after they serve.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 12:11 am
Where'd you see a signup bonus that large, except to re-enlisting infantrymen?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 12:13 am
Published on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 by the St. Louis Post-Dispatch / Missouri
African-American Youths Are Rejecting Army, Military Says
by Ron Harris

As he made his way to the cafeteria, Malcolm Cotton spotted the Army recruiters passing out video games and making their pitches from a long table they had set up in a hallway at his school.

The recruiters made joining sound oh so terribly good - a $20,000 bonus for enlisting, $9,000 more if enlistees shipped out in the next 30 days and even better, $70,000 for college.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 12:14 am
Hey, snood, ya gonna volunteer?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 08:53 am
snood wrote:
Where'd you see a signup bonus that large, except to re-enlisting infantrymen?

Sure 'nuff? In the late sixties, the infantry was at the bottom of every heap.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 09:32 am
talk72000 wrote:

Woiyo,

That story about the heroics of that girl injured in the invasion and that football player. Wow, that football player was killed by American soldiers! The Pentagon went on and on about his heroics!

Not sure what you're talking about here. I just submit the facts. You ignore the facts.

Therefore, there is no point in me debating you on this subject.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 10:39 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
Hey, snood, ya gonna volunteer?

volunteer for what? I've been active duty for 17 years...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 11:27 am
If you're "active," how come you didn't know about the $20K bonus?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 11:54 am
He may be rather removed from the recruiting process...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies