feeling lonely

georgio

Reply Sun 12 Nov, 2006 05:30 am
hi....

a woman that I met, told me that she feels lonely, and when I asked her why u feel lonely, she changed the subject.

have I asked a strange question???

Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 777 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 12 Nov, 2006 06:11 am
She was probably at a vulnerable time, and blurted out something that had been troubling her. When you responded, she probably was embarrassed at exposing herself to a relative stranger, and did not want to continue that particular conversation.

You did not ask a strange question. SHE opened the door to the subject, you responded, but then probably realized that she did not want to expose her deepest feelings to you.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 12 Nov, 2006 06:25 am
Phoenix is probably right.

She could also have realized that she was being melodramatic and that "lonely" was an inaccurate description.

She chose to be enigmatic. Under the circumstances, your question was both legitimate and considerate.
0 Replies

jazzieB123

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2006 03:14 am
I agree with Phoenix. Also, your friend's lack of reply may have to do with safety. Perhaps she did not feel safe enough with you to go into detail about her lonliness. (not that you would be likely to do anything physically harmful to her - but most people will only open up on very personal issues if/when they feel they are in a protective/safe environment).

Or maybe she felt embarrassed at having confessed something she felt uncomfortable blurting out in the first place.

I hope this helps you to understand her reaction a little better. Your question was perfectly legitimate Smile

- Jazzie
0 Replies

Bohne

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2006 04:33 am
I don't think either, you asked a weird question!
It sounds like you don't know the woman too well, and that was probably the moment she realised that, too.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2006 06:10 am
Its not an strange question at ll, she probably didnt want to come across as a moaning minnie but desperately wanted someone to know how lonely she is.

Maybe she wasnt expecting you to ask her why and she wasnt ready to give an answer.
0 Replies

georgio

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2006 11:03 pm
hi....

thank u everybody for sharing ur thoughts.

I invited this woman to a cup of coffee somewhere, and i knew in advanced that she is a married woman (she told me).

I spend an hour and half of fantastic conversation, and by the end she asked me if we are going to dinner, I said sorry really I wasn't planing actually to have dinner, I had allergy for food a 2 days before, and am not sure that I should eat), so we went out and she took me for a ride in her car in the city, in the car she told me that she feels lonely, and then she drove to some shopping area, and we walk around there, and then she drove me back to my place, and in the car I wanted to invite her to my place, (but she was repeating all the time that she have to go home because she had work to do the next day), so i kissed her hand and see u.

so ur opinion

thanks.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 03:07 am
Inviting her into your place, obviously that can be completely innocent, but did you have an alterior motive?
Kiss on the hand, very gentlemanly.

If she is married, how is she lonely?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 04:02 pm
Georgio--

A married woman talking of loneliness and parlaying "coffee" to "coffee, a drive and a mall excursion" is not a happily married woman.

If romance is in your future, this romance will be complicated and quite possibly a bit sordid.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 04:36 pm
Sorry, I'm a bit old fashioned here. Dating a married woman (and that's exactly what this was-- a date in the classic sense) is already sordid.

No good can come from this, IMO.
0 Replies