Couples vs singles

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 09:25 am
Do you feel that couples are invited to more places and are more socially 'acceptable' than single people?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 771 • Replies: 9
No top replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 09:44 am
As you get older, then probably, (dont take that offensively)
When you are young its the opposite!

material girl: have you read bridget jones's diary
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 09:44 am
As you get older, then probably, (dont take that offensively)
When you are young its the opposite!

material girl: have you read bridget jones's diary?
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 09:50 am
The Pentacle Queen wrote:

material girl: have you read bridget jones's diary?

Ive seen the film and I wear normal knickers not granny pants and I dont sit and eat ice cream while singing 'all by myself'.
Yes i eat junk food but who doesnt and if I put on music its fast and loud and I dance like a banshee.
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 10:00 am
The films are crap
you need to read the book.

Its so true, its like art.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 10:04 am
What kind of thing will I learn from it tho?

Im just feeling sorry for myself yet again.
I get the impresson that 3 couples I know (1 my best friend)have been invited to dinner with another coouple I know tonight.
It just makes me feel sick that im on my own and missing out on these things.
Ironically if I became part of a couple, and then got invited to couplesy events, it would really pee me off.
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 10:05 am
I thought the first one was ok. The second one is a bit shite.

I like the bit in the first one where Hugh Grant and the other dude have that girly fight. V funny.

Have you ever tried anything like speed dating MG?

x
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 10:07 am
Oh and no, I don't see couples as more socially acceptable but then I'm single so....

x
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 10:08 am
Mat...I think so, with certain folks. With others and other situations, a big fat NO.

Couples can get clubby. Especially young married couples. No one pounce on me just yet - yes, it's a generalization, and I think it is rather true. All of a sudden it is 'BBQs, couples dinners, Bob-and-I, kids parties...blah blah snooze'. Single friends 'must be coupled or dated up'. haha. That mentality cracks me up.

But sometimes being single gets you invited places couples don't. Or just being part of couple doesn't, bc some will figure you are busy will want to bring spouse or some other such thing. (married chick who needs to get out of the house and will break free like a total fool, needing babysitting on a night out..you know the ones...can't do anything solo...let's invite her 'next time')

And all in all....so long as you are a person who is somewhat interesting and not totally absorbed in ONE singular pursuit - be it your work, kids, or spouse...there should be no problem regarding being in a couple or no. At least in my experience.

Socially acceptable?? Akh. Half the population roaming about is not social acceptable. Smile
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 10:08 am
Dorothy Parker wrote:

Have you ever tried anything like speed dating MG?

x

Too shy and it kinda takes the fun out of meeting someone in a normal/natural way.

Im my own worst enemy.
0 Replies