What color is the sky in your world, Tony Snow?

snood

Reply Thu 9 Nov, 2006 10:00 pm
When I listen to Tony Snow at these press corps "briefings", I think I understand a little better where people like Brandon and McG and Ticoyama and Asherman are coming from. I mean, this guy has either sold himself out so completely and thoroughly to the currently prevailing ideology that he really doesn't even perceive objective truth anymore, or he is just a brazen, boldfaced liar on a very reliable small team of brazen, boldfaced liars.

Here he is, minimizing the role that the fiasco in Iraq had to do with the midterm elections...

---------------------------------------------------------------
Q Tony, isn't the message -- is the message the people have spoken? This was largely a referendum on his policy in Iraq. We don't like the policy in Iraq comes the message back from the voters. So he's having to absorb this rejection.

MR. SNOW: Well, no. The President doesn't absorb a rejection. A couple of things: In ten of the races, you had members of the House of Representatives on the Republican side who have been tainted by scandal. I'm not sure Iraq played a big role in those races. The voters said, you know what, we expect you to come to Washington and do the people's business. And when people lose sight of that, voters tend to remind them of the priorities. That's 10 seats right there.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003380295
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 562 • Replies: 8
No top replies

kelticwizard

Reply Thu 9 Nov, 2006 11:54 pm
So what about the other 25 or so seats the Dems picked up? And that is just in the House.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 02:54 am
It's childish to assume that everyone who disagrees with you must necessarily have a base motive.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 06:44 am
Who said you necessarily have a base motive?

Quote:
either sold himself out so completely and thoroughly to the currently prevailing ideology that he really doesn't even perceive objective truth anymore, or he is just a brazen, boldfaced liar on a very reliable small team of brazen, boldfaced liars.

If you're so sold out you can't perceive truth - that's not base, that's pitiful.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 07:06 am
snood wrote:

You ignore
snood wrote:
...I mean, this guy has either sold himself out so completely and thoroughly to the currently prevailing ideology that he really doesn't even perceive objective truth anymore, or he is just a brazen, boldfaced liar on a very reliable small team of brazen, boldfaced liars.

the possibility that he believes exactly what he's saying. I'm relly sick of this childish idea that everyone with different political ideas must be a liar engaged in a massive conspiracy.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 07:09 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
snood wrote:

You ignore
snood wrote:
...I mean, this guy has either sold himself out so completely and thoroughly to the currently prevailing ideology that he really doesn't even perceive objective truth anymore, or he is just a brazen, boldfaced liar on a very reliable small team of brazen, boldfaced liars.

the possibility that he believes exactly what he's saying. I'm relly sick of this childish idea that everyone with different political ideas must be a liar engaged in a massive conspiracy.

Clinton?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 07:12 am
See, we can agree on something Brandon - I think you're really sick, too.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 07:21 am
Make that 30 House seats the Dems picked up that were not tainted by scandal. And I'm not even talking about the Senate.

What does Snow have to say about them?
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 09:59 am
What can you say about a man who has 'Fox Network' and 'Rush Limbaugh' on his resume?
0 Replies