Did you Vote?

mysteryman

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 02:15 pm
I just got back from voting.
I got off work early due to the weather,so I didnt have to wait in a line to vote.

For the record,of the 7 candidates on the ballot (that I knew,I'm not counting the judges running) I voted for 2 repubs and 5 dems.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 02:22 pm
Anybody get a paper receipt? My vote was recorded on a small memory card with a chip on it. I have no idea what happened to it after I handed it in. For all I know, it went back into the pile to be overwritten by the next voter.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 02:28 pm
There were six curtained booths and only one occupied when I arrived to vote this morning. I sat waiting by the counter and one of the workers said, "Mr. Ratzenhofer, there are five available booths. Please go ahead."

I said, "Nope, I want that one". as I pointed to the booth which had the visible feet under the curtain.

Other people showed up while I was waiting and took the available booths and the voter in the booth I wanted finally finished voting and emerged from behind the curtain.

I nodded and said, "Mornin', Charlie", and went in and proceeded to vote.

There were no Republicans who received my vote today, nor will there be any in the foreseeable future.

I did go for a few greens and one red though.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 02:32 pm
I plan on writing in "Gus" for all ballots (including the questions).
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 03:31 pm
Well got the vote done and have been reminding people to vote all day. Went to get my rims on my car changed out and even reminded the guy at the counter to vote. Doing my small part for the elections.

Got to do the touch screen voting for the first time here in Lakewood CO. It was pretty interesting. Didn't know they did that here till I walked up to the machine. Anyone hear anything about Votetronics? That was the machine I used.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 03:32 pm
Shellgame wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:

And for those scoring at home, I voted for 2 Democrats. Razz

Anyone scoring at home right now probably isn't thinking of political affiliations. Laughing

I'm a little slow on the uptake today, SG .... but I got it eventually.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 03:47 pm
I'm voting after work and plan to vote a straight republican ticket.

Ever since dyslexia said I could get high with him and watch Armeggedon I've decided I'm going to do everything I can to hurry the total collapse of society and I figure what better way than the voting booth?
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 03:57 pm
As we say in these parts,

Vote often & early...
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 04:25 pm
I voted this morning and got my sticker. We still use paper ballots here. I voted for one Green Party candidate and the rest were democrats. I think it's the first time ever that I haven't voted for a single Republican candidate.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 04:28 pm
Well, you are from Illinois... marxist state that it is.

Come to Michigan sometime, buy a shotgun. All you need is a drivers license and be able to pass a simple background check. You'll be amazed. Despite Detroit, we still have our constitutional rights.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 04:41 pm
I've been voting for Republicans, Democrats, Liberatians, and now Green Party candidates in IL for years. I can't think of a single prior election where there were no "R" marks on my ballot.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 05:53 pm
McGentrix wrote:
We usually go as a family and I let my son pull the levers for who I want to vote for then we go out for dinner. I have tried to instill this tradition in my family as voting is very important and if we make it into an event, we are sure to do it.

Thats very cool, McG, good thing.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 05:54 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
I did go for a few greens and one red though.

Hey! Explain - what kind of red?

Linkat wrote:
I plan on writing in "Gus" for all ballots (including the questions).

Razz
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 06:57 pm
Voted.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 07:07 pm
Hmmmm. This is the first time my i.d. was checked...
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 08:22 pm
As they say in Texas: Vote early, vote often!!

Actually, I sent in my absentee ballot 2 weeks ago.
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 10:23 pm
Aye!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2006 05:17 am
Reviving this topic for a moment -- voted -- but no lil sticker. Smile
0 Replies