Cycloptichorn
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,275 • Replies: 57
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 10:42 am
I voted on the first day of early voting, a couple of weeks ago. It was fast, easy, and no lines.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 10:44 am
I wish we'd all do the mail-in ballots, Oregon style...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 10:47 am
Voting is so last century.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 10:52 am
I did! It's raining here but the lines weren't long.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 10:53 am
I'm voting this evening.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 10:54 am
Just returned from voting, I did a straight Communist Party ticket.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 10:56 am
It was easy, just pushed straight democrat ticket and the little green button.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 10:56 am
We usually go as a family and I let my son pull the levers for who I want to vote for then we go out for dinner. I have tried to instill this tradition in my family as voting is very important and if we make it into an event, we are sure to do it.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 10:57 am
That's cool McG. I hope the lines aren't too long by this evening...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 10:57 am
Sure did.

Can't wait till the early results start coming in... I am so turning into a political junkie.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 11:03 am
I voted first thing this morning. I usually vote early, but procrastinated this year, and was fearing long lines. They were not long.

My little sticker was not very sticky, and fell off a long time ago.

And for those scoring at home, I voted for 2 Democrats. Razz
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 11:07 am
Cool.

I'll be voting for two Republicans.

I'm waiting a bit since it's lunch hour rush now. Will probably do it in an hour and a half or so.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 11:11 am
I will tonight on my way home -

Probably Republican for Governor (for those Democrats be happy I typically vote with the loser - I think differently than most)

I need to look up all the other stuff.

Questions - yes for wine in all stores - can't get two buck Chuck as Trader Joes near me can't sell wine.

Other questions I am looking to see the details at lunch.

Lucky people who get to pull a lever - still old school where I am - I connect the arrows with a marker.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 11:14 am
I got out first thing this morning. My only issue was a mix-up with my polling place. They changed where we were to vote at and obviously did not advertise it well. One woman even called the County election commission yesterday to find out where to vote and was told the normal place even though it had been changed. Not even a note on the door directing us to the proper place. Although we were later told the marquee at the school noted the change (like who looks at those things). But I got to the right place just before 7am and was the 10th in line.

Oh, and since we are keeping score, I did vote for 2 dems and 1 independent. AND, I got my vote sticker and it is still sticking pretty well. Laughing
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 11:18 am
Ticomaya wrote:
I voted first thing this morning. I usually vote early, but procrastinated this year, and was fearing long lines. They were not long.

My little sticker was not very sticky, and fell off a long time ago.

Wow!

I didn't vote for any Republicans this time, though I usually do. Lots of Libertarians on my ballot!
0 Replies

Shellgame

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 11:30 am
Ticomaya wrote:

Anyone scoring at home right now probably isn't thinking of political affiliations. Laughing
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 11:39 am
I did! I am a registered Libertarian though I sometimes vote Democrat. I haven't voted for any Republican since 1984.
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 11:50 am
Natalie and I voted using Absentee Ballots this year, and both voted a split ticket. We like Democrat Bill Richardson for Governor, and Heather Wilson (R) for Congress. For the less dramatic contests, I voted probably 2::1 for Republicans, and Natalie probably voted 2::1 for Democrats.

I suspect that the Democrats will pick up some seats in the Congress, but not I hope enough to seize control. Even if there is a landslide for the Democrats, they may later regret it when they are forced to come to grips with complex problems that can't be solved by simplistic formulas. A Democratic controlled Congress might well increase GOP odd in 2008. We'll just have to wait and see.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 11:54 am
Going to vote after I eat lunch with my oldest son. My polling place is at his school so off I go to eat and vote.
0 Replies