VOTING MACHINE PROBLEMS in Pa

farmerman

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 11:31 am
nice hat. needs earflaps for you Michiganeers
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 11:32 am
I was thinking the same Walter.
Good question, even if it gets marked as "dumb".

Anyone?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 11:34 am
Remember the Boy Scout's motto: Be Prepared.

http://publius.org/
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 11:35 am
That answered what question exactly, cjhsa?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 11:38 am
That some districts are less prepared than others as far as training their workers, and that many voters are simply not prepared to vote.

"Doves? Why am I voting about doves? Which one is the Democrat?"
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 11:39 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:

Because we train our election workers and test our voting equipment prior to Election Day?

Are the election workers trained by the parties and not by the the government/state/county/municipality?

And is the the voting system as well supplied by the parties?

(I suppose, it was a joke, I didn't get, though.)

It's actually quite simple.

The election workers are trained by the County Election office.

Our county is largely Republican.

Our machines are working, and our election workers are prepared.

Get it now?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 11:47 am
Thanks, Tico. I knew such only from history (communist countries, Nazi time here etc).

It's done here by civil servants - I can only guess their political view, since most aren't members of any party (and even if, this isn't something affected to their job and known officially).
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 12:09 pm
Pretty typical - screwed up districts with untrained or poorly trained staff, can't fix the problems, then they claim tampering when someone tries to help them. Al Gore and Jesse Jackson then show up for a photo op.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 12:41 pm
I voted on a PA electronic machine at 7:45 this morning. This machine replaced a cozy old-fashioned machine with levers.

I have no problem asking for help, but last week Mr. Noddy made a big fuss about being expected to learn a new system. Both the Commonweath of PA and Monroe County have tutorial Internet sites.
The state site is full of bad jokes and doesn't show the actual electronic screen.

The county site was created for adults of average intelligence, but when I enlarged the electronic screen, the printed information bled off the page.

Oh, Brave New World!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 12:43 pm
Voting is obsolete. Just take the corporate shill they give you and shutup!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 01:43 pm
Here's a Man with a Vision, a Cause and a solid objective:

http://www.mcall.com/all-smashedmachine1107-cn,0,7872272.story?track=breaking_newsletter
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 01:47 pm
Yep, it's gone from a "Democratic landslide" to "We don't know how to vote!" in a matter of hours.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 02:01 pm
Here in Maryland I hear that most polling places are very active. Heavy turnout in various counties. I haven't heard of any computer hangup's, but the Gov. of Maryland encouraged voters to get absentee ballots because he doesn't trust the system (the same system he voted for when he was still a delegate) Last night they reported close to 200,000 ballots had been sent out, but not everyone who requested a ballot had gotten one. They were trying to find a judge to extend the time for passing in the absentee ballot. I plan to hit a few election parties tonight, hope we have something to celebrate.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 07:12 pm
Theyre extending the absentee votes till 11/14 because of all the stoopsky boobnik crap that went on.

The GOP was calling Dems this PM and telling them that they could vote tomorrow.

Who is stupider
1GOP shills for trying this

2 Or Dumass Dems who believe em.

Government should be left to the mob... Oh wait, it already is.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 09:25 pm
As of now , with 39% of precincts in, Caey is leading Sanatorium by 56 to 34%. Looks a bit wider than I hasd guessed.

I did an exit poll today for CNN and I LIED OUT MY ASS. I wrote in that I was all GOP when I voted (first time ever) STRAIT D TICKET.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2006 06:53 am
farmerman wrote:
I did an exit poll today for CNN and I LIED OUT MY ASS. I wrote in that I was all GOP when I voted (first time ever) STRAIT D TICKET.

Uh, why?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2006 07:51 am
Exit polls in national elections have been shown to influence states that arent fone voting. The 24 hour news cycle needs some substance during the early afyternoon, so they compile these exit polls and report them to Montana etc.

I like to phuck with the staus quo, if just two pwoplw from our precinct lie about their vote and publish that they voted otherwise, its a significant statistical glitch and would not be picked up as a joke until the votes were counted.

I hate exit polls. I think they are a tip-off to the other side (doesnt matter which side).
Im a DEM, but if Hillary were to run in 08, Id cast my vote for McCain. He doesnt set his hair on fire every AM.

Well we oughta start a 2008 thread, times a wasting
0 Replies