The Times they are a'changing

McGentrix

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 12:03 pm
blatham wrote:
sierra giggles wrote:
Quote:
The "Military" Times isn't put out by the military.

It is a civilian magazine that is just an arm of Gannett (publisher of USA Today, among others). Few people know that. People buy it because it lists promotions, pay rates, benefits, and a few other standard features that are of interest. But many, many of their articles have had a typical MSM negative tone for quite some time now.

She loves her Dear Leader
she loves him so big
she loans him her lipstick, "Look!
No longer a pig!"

I don't know what your reply means Blatham. Care to explain it?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 01:08 pm
Just an obscure allusion to sonnet 127
0 Replies

SierraSong

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 03:32 pm
He's responding to a comment made with both honesty and civility. Of course, his reply runs counter to both of those principles. Best to ignore him.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 04:41 pm
... still waiting for SierraSong's thoughts on how Rumsfeld's "six weeks - six months" statement is in line with the Defense Department's talking point that it has "always attempted to clearly and accurately describe the challenges" in Iraq.....
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 04:46 pm
Ride a cock horse to Banbury Cross
To see a fine lady upon a white horse
With rings on her fingers and bells on her toes
She shall have music wherever she goes
0 Replies

sunlover

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 04:48 pm
Hopefully, Bush will ask Rumsfeld to resign.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 06:50 am
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 06:53 am
There ought to be Bush Anonymous, much like AA, for the diehard Bush supporter.
0 Replies

SierraSong

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 07:35 am
And buried deep within the WAPO, we hear from those who know....

Soldiers in Iraq Say Pullout Would Have Devastating Results

And special thanks and God Bless to a great American, Sgt. Jonathan Kirkendall ....

Quote:
Sgt. Jonathan Kirkendall, 23, of Falls City, Neb., said he fears that many Americans think that building the country to viability will be "quick and easy," when he believes it could take many years. Kirkendall, of the 2nd Brigade, 10th Mountain Division in Baghdad, is on his third deployment to Iraq and celebrated his 21st and 23rd birthdays here.

(I have to wonder if the good sergeant knows he's not quite as smart as Jon Carry) Heh
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 07:37 am
The Stars and Stripes is also a military newspaper. I can't seem to find any requests for Rummys resignation there. I wonder why that is...
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 07:39 am
old europe wrote:
... still waiting for SierraSong's thoughts on how Rumsfeld's "six weeks - six months" statement is in line with the Defense Department's talking point that it has "always attempted to clearly and accurately describe the challenges" in Iraq.....
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 07:57 am
SierraSong wrote:

And special thanks and God Bless to a great American, Sgt. Jonathan Kirkendall ....

Quote:
Sgt. Jonathan Kirkendall, 23, of Falls City, Neb., said he fears that many Americans think that building the country to viability will be "quick and easy," when he believes it could take many years. Kirkendall, of the 2nd Brigade, 10th Mountain Division in Baghdad, is on his third deployment to Iraq and celebrated his 21st and 23rd birthdays here.

(I have to wonder if the good sergeant knows he's not quite as smart as Jon Carry) Heh

From your article...
"dozens of soldiers across the country said in interviews..."

- a real scientific sampling, there.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 07:59 am
McGentrix wrote:
The Stars and Stripes is also a military newspaper. I can't seem to find any requests for Rummys resignation there. I wonder why that is...

But you know that as soon as there is such a request in the Stars and Stripes, you'll find a way to deny its legitimacy, now won't you?
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 08:20 am
snood wrote:
From your article...

Come on, snood. Dozens of soldiers do represent the US military. As long as they are in line with the "stay the course" buncha people.

Whereas, when a poll finds that 72% of the US troops want to leave Iraq within a year and that 29% even want to leave immediately, you'll better acknowledge that this is in no way representative. Or, as mysteryman put it:

mysteryman wrote:
So,944 people is now ALL of the US Military?

Get with the program already, will you?
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 08:44 am
snood wrote:
SierraSong wrote:

Quote:

From your article...

As compared to "some poll" that says 72% of the soldiers want to leave?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 09:23 am
Interesting that the criticism is of Rumsfeld and not of the Commander In Chief.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 10:28 am
woiyo wrote:
snood wrote:
SierraSong wrote:

Quote:

From your article...

An honest answer please, woiyo - if a poll came out and named the number at 30,000 or 100,000 servicemen who voiced their opinion that we should leave Iraq, you still wouldn't give it any more credence, would you?
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 11:52 am
snood wrote:
woiyo wrote:
snood wrote:
SierraSong wrote:

Quote:

From your article...

An honest answer please, woiyo - if a poll came out and named the number at 30,000 or 100,000 servicemen who voiced their opinion that we should leave Iraq, you still wouldn't give it any more credence, would you?

I probably would give it more credence. However, when I served, if they asked me, I would say I WANT TO GO HOME!!!

What soldier wouldn't say that?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 11:55 am
There are a certain amount of soldiers who have a deep-seated need to believe that the things they have done are worth something. They'll answer that they want to stay.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 02:26 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Interesting that the criticism is of Rumsfeld and not of the Commander In Chief.

uhm..... yeah.

http://danzigercartoons.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/dancart2956.jpg
0 Replies