Zygote, Fetus, Clump of Cells, Alive, Dead???

Diest TKO

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 10:44 am
real life wrote:
You want to make a case that certain 'brain functions' are required to qualify as a living human being?

Go ahead. Specify EXACTLY which functions are required and the level of each that does or doesn't demonstrate that the person is a living human being.

I won't hold my breath.

Not that this arguement is even nessisary, but it takes all of no seconds to easily say that the absence of any brain function, EXACTLY, would be a fair qualifier. This isn't my standard for desision on the issue, but since you are so stubborn, and are acting like a child (for months now), here is something to shut you up.

Question: Which brain functions?
Answer: any, exactly.
Relavance: None.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sat 24 Feb, 2007 02:20 am
Terry wrote:
real life wrote:
Patients who have suffered brain injury and are in coma have been known to grow new connections to replace what was lost or damaged and then regain consciousness after decades. At the time, doctors did not consider them to have any hope of recovery of consciousness, but it happened.

Would it have been ok to kill them based on the doctor's prognosis of no recovery and irreversible brain damage?

....... Some new connections may be made, but very little actual damage can be repaired.....

This is contradictory.
0 Replies