Zygote, Fetus, Clump of Cells, Alive, Dead???

parados

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 07:54 am
baddog1 wrote:
parados wrote:
Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK - let's do this! Who will participate? Who won't?

http://www.fetal-surgery.com/fs-pics.htm

1) What label should be utilized for the "beings" in these photo's?

I am not making up your title of the thread or your first question. I am only responding to them. You give a list of labels then ask which one should be used.

Trolling or ignorance is the only thing I can see here. I am not twisting your words. You are the one that is now trying to pretend you didn't write what you obviously did. Only a troll would ask if a fetus one month before birth is a zygote or a clump of cells.

You are what you are Baddog. I am hardly being evasive.

You've responded to (and latched onto) a single term from the title - and have still answered none of the questions. That would be known as "evasiveness" - look it up.

I am 100% sure that "trolling or ignorance" is all that you will choose to see. Anything else may cause you to look in the mirror. No surprise at all. And still name-calling. Maturity at it's finest. BTW: Is there a point to your statement that the fetus is one month from birth? That was not one of my questions!

ROFLMAO..
You are even more trollish now... (or are you even more ignorant than you are pretending to be?)
A single term? Read your list again mr smart guy.. how many terms can logically be applied by anyone with an IQ over 70? 2 out of 5.
You supplied 5 terms, 3 of which can not possibly apply.
You supplied the link to the website and the pictures.
You asked the question.

So go ahead and say I am being evasive. I am being honest, unlike some people here.

Go look up the term "zygote" before you ask if there is any point to my statement that the fetus is one month from birth.

This thread is hereby marked "Troll" by me and you will be put on ignore baddog. Good luck with your trolling.
0 Replies

baddog1

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 08:03 am
parados wrote:
baddog1 wrote:
parados wrote:
Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK - let's do this! Who will participate? Who won't?

http://www.fetal-surgery.com/fs-pics.htm

1) What label should be utilized for the "beings" in these photo's?

I am not making up your title of the thread or your first question. I am only responding to them. You give a list of labels then ask which one should be used.

Trolling or ignorance is the only thing I can see here. I am not twisting your words. You are the one that is now trying to pretend you didn't write what you obviously did. Only a troll would ask if a fetus one month before birth is a zygote or a clump of cells.

You are what you are Baddog. I am hardly being evasive.

You've responded to (and latched onto) a single term from the title - and have still answered none of the questions. That would be known as "evasiveness" - look it up.

I am 100% sure that "trolling or ignorance" is all that you will choose to see. Anything else may cause you to look in the mirror. No surprise at all. And still name-calling. Maturity at it's finest. BTW: Is there a point to your statement that the fetus is one month from birth? That was not one of my questions!

ROFLMAO..
You are even more trollish now... (or are you even more ignorant than you are pretending to be?)
A single term? Read your list again mr smart guy.. how many terms can logically be applied by anyone with an IQ over 70? 2 out of 5.
You supplied 5 terms, 3 of which can not possibly apply.
You supplied the link to the website and the pictures.
You asked the question.

So go ahead and say I am being evasive. I am being honest, unlike some people here.

Go look up the term "zygote" before you ask if there is any point to my statement that the fetus is one month from birth.

This thread is hereby marked "Troll" by me and you will be put on ignore baddog. Good luck with your trolling.

Still no answers! Lots of rhetoric - & denial, but no answers! Goodbye! Very Happy
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 01:24 pm
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Recursive

error!

LOL. Quoting get's out of control on this wbsite. LOL.
0 Replies

baddog1

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2006 01:17 pm
Diest TKO wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Recursive

error!

LOL. Quoting get's out of control on this wbsite. LOL.

LOL - Agreed! Perhaps we should all meet at a central location and work these issues out. How about somewhere in the Lyra Constellation! :wink:
0 Replies

baddog1

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 05:51 am
Pictures are worth a thousand words... :wink:

Except when it comes to those who cry: "A fetus is not alive until it's born" and/or: "A fetus is not a human until it's born"!

Mum's the word when photo's are introduced - too much proof? Shocked
0 Replies

Pauligirl

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 10:55 pm
baddog1 wrote:

Except when it comes to those who cry: "A fetus is not alive until it's born" and/or: "A fetus is not a human until it's born"!

Seems to me the real question is not what are they...but were they wanted?

In a perfect world, no woman would have an abortion. All children would be wanted and loved. But this is not a perfect world.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 11:32 pm
Pauligirl wrote:
baddog1 wrote:

In a perfect world, no woman would have an abortion. All children would be wanted and loved. But this is not a perfect world.

So even if the unborn IS a living human being, if the mother doesn't want it, then it's ok to kill it?

What if shortly after the child is born she doesn't want it, and nobody else does either? Is it ok to kill then too?
0 Replies

Pauligirl

Reply Sat 11 Nov, 2006 12:10 am
real life wrote:
Pauligirl wrote:
baddog1 wrote:

Quote:
So even if the unborn IS a living human being, if the mother doesn't want it, then it's ok to kill it?

Yes. Until the child is born and can live independent from the mother, the mother has the right to control her own body. And in using the word "independent" I mean that anyone can take the child and look after it.
Quote:
What if shortly after the child is born she doesn't want it, and nobody else does either? Is it ok to kill then too?

No. After the child is born it has all the rights given to any human being.

Now, with that being said, I'm not "pro-abortion". I truly wish no woman ever had to have one. I've never known a woman that got pregnant just so they can terminate it. I am "pro-choice" because I don't know the circumstances of someone making that decision. And neither do you.
P
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sat 11 Nov, 2006 07:16 am
Pauligirl wrote:
real life wrote:
Pauligirl wrote:
baddog1 wrote:

Yes. Until the child is born and can live independent from the mother, the mother has the right to control her own body.

The body that is destroyed in abortion is not 'part of the mother's body'.

The unborn has a completely separate DNA from that of the mother, and biologically it cannot be said to be 'part of the mother's body'.

You have admitted that abortion should be allowed even if the unborn is a living human being. How can you make a rationale for killing a living human being for the sake of convenience?
0 Replies

Bawb

Reply Sat 11 Nov, 2006 08:58 am
parados wrote:

Any sophomore in HS should be able to tell you that it isn't a zygote.

That isn't a zygote.

Confused
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Sun 12 Nov, 2006 09:23 pm
real life wrote:

You have admitted that abortion should be allowed even if the unborn is a living human being. How can you make a rationale for killing a living human being for the sake of convenience?

You mean like capital punishment, real life? You support that!
0 Replies

Pauligirl

Reply Sun 12 Nov, 2006 11:02 pm
real life wrote:

Quote:

The unborn has a completely separate DNA from that of the mother, and biologically it cannot be said to be 'part of the mother's body'.

It 's not part of her body? Well good. Then you can have it grafted onto you and you can carry it around for 9 months, whether you want to or not, and then be responsible for its welfare for the next 18 years.

Quote:

Say that the unborn IS a living human being is a leap that you make. I see it as potental person and I'm just not for sacrificing women's rights in favor of fetal rights.

Something from a NOVA documentary: Imagine you are sitting in a lab with a young child. The lab contains a small fridge containing one hundred frozen embryos. Suddenly, there is a fire in the lab and you can either grab the child and run out or grab the small fridge containing the embryos and run out. What would you do? Your answer should answer the question whether you consider a child's life equal to the life of an embryo.

P
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sun 12 Nov, 2006 11:20 pm
Pauligirl wrote:
real life wrote:

It 's not part of her body? Well good.

You don't sound convinced. Can you show any evidence that would indicate the unborn is a piece of the mother's body, instead of a genetically distinct individual?

Pauligirl wrote:

Then you can have it grafted onto you and you can carry it around for 9 months, whether you want to or not, and then be responsible for its welfare for the next 18 years.

Have you never heard of adoption? No one is forcing the woman to raise a child.

Do you not understand this?
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Sun 12 Nov, 2006 11:22 pm
real life....what about Pauli's test? Fridge or child? Your call.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sun 12 Nov, 2006 11:43 pm
Yes, same old 'lifeboat' scenarios.

Your car crashes into a school bus.

Both vehicles are in flames near the gas tank and could explode any second.

Your mother is in your car.

You have one small fire extinguisher.

Who do you save, your mother or the bus load of children?

Do these kind of scenarios tell us anything? No.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2006 12:04 am
No, this one tells us a lot.

Try answering.

I'll save one child ahead of 10,000,000 embryos.

You?
0 Replies

real life

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2006 12:11 am
But you didn't tell us if you'd save your mother or the busload of children.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2006 12:45 am
Busload of children. My mother would expect no less.

Now you. Not this one. The embryo / child one.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2006 11:43 am
EorI, I believe you have put real into a corner that he won't be able to respond with a direct answer.
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2006 11:44 am
Yes, I think the silence speaks volumes.
0 Replies