Zygote, Fetus, Clump of Cells, Alive, Dead???

baddog1

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 04:47 pm
OK - let's do this! Who will participate? Who won't?

http://www.fetal-surgery.com/fs-pics.htm

1) What label should be utilized for the "beings" in these photo's?

2) Are these "beings" alive?

3) Dead?

4) Are these "beings" the property of the pregnant mother?

5) ... of the father?

6) ... of the state/country?

7) Must the person(s) performing surgery on these "beings" be licensed surgeons?

8) Why?

9) Should these "beings" have any rights (basic, human, legal and/or otherwise)?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 23,770 • Replies: 601
No top replies

baddog1

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 07:04 am
Isn't it interesting the power that a few small photographs possess? :wink:

I figured this might happen. Undeniable-evidence can be painful for some - particularly those who've taken an emotional stand on an issue! Crying or Very sad

Where are you; doktor s, deist tko, real life, cicerone imposter, eorl, et al...? Question
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 07:11 am
Those aren't exactly pictures of a clump of cells are they? Why don't you put the pictures on the "Abortion - Is It Right or Wrong?" thread. Or just say "I don't agree with abortion!!!" Much more simple.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 07:16 am
Perhaps the real question should be..
Baddog1 is..
1.) a troll
2.) not able to recognize the 3rd trimester
3.) acting like a troll
4.) never took high school biology
5.) related to trolls
6.) blinded by his own attempts at being good hearted
7.) deluded by trolls or religion
8.) a ward of the state
9.) a troll
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 07:18 am
Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

baddog1

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 08:04 am
parados wrote:
Perhaps the real question should be..
Baddog1 is..
1.) a troll
2.) not able to recognize the 3rd trimester
3.) acting like a troll
4.) never took high school biology
5.) related to trolls
6.) blinded by his own attempts at being good hearted
7.) deluded by trolls or religion
8.) a ward of the state
9.) a troll

parados:

LOL - Thanks for the monday-morning chuckle! Very Happy

A few answers for you:

1) Define troll. (You might be right!)
2) What does that have to do with this thread? One of pro-abortionists claims to fame is clearly (as proven on abortion-related threads) that life [some say "human-life", others simply say "life"] does not begin until birth! As birth has not happened for these youngsters, please refer to my original questions on this thread.
3) Define troll.
4) Too long ago - don't recall! :wink:
5) Define troll.
6) Huh? Please expound.
7) Define troll. What does religion have to do with this?
8) You might have a good argument here! Shocked
9) Uh- define troll.

Now that we've had our fun - please share your specific thoughts on the specific questions?

Dorothy:

I posted the link/pics on both active abortion-threads weeks ago - with no response by pro-abortionists. Surprised Thus this thread!
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 08:46 am
Baddog,

Any sophomore in HS should be able to tell you that it isn't a zygote.
Your title was intentionally misleading or you are misinformed about biology. Dorothy was trying to be nice when she pointed it out. This thread was obvious trolling so you shouldn't be suprised that no one responded.

When you find a picture of surgery being performed on a zygote get back to us.
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 08:55 am
baddog wrote

Quote:
Dorothy:

I posted the link/pics on both active abortion-threads weeks ago - with no response by pro-abortionists. Thus this thread!

Maybe because pro-abortionists have seen these pictures already ages ago and are too bored with it to respond again? Just a thought - I may be wrong. I have never posted on "abortion" threads before.
0 Replies

baddog1

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 09:42 am
parados wrote:
Baddog,

Any sophomore in HS should be able to tell you that it isn't a zygote.
Your title was intentionally misleading or you are misinformed about biology. Dorothy was trying to be nice when she pointed it out. This thread was obvious trolling so you shouldn't be suprised that no one responded.

When you find a picture of surgery being performed on a zygote get back to us.

Like many - you follow the age-old pattern of making personal attacks and refusing to answer direct questions when your position is threatened by undeniable-evidence. If necessary - I will provide you with plenty of examples on this very site where the term "zygote" is utilized to describe unborn "beings" and/or at the very least make analogies of such. (And you know this to be true - however what will that prove?) My title was intentionally & partially tongue in cheek, however nowhere is it misleading.

And you must call this thread "trolling" - as anything else would be contradictory to your chosen position on the subject.

And BTW: You still have not answered the questions!

Dorothy:

There is no way the pro-abortionists (on these threads) are too bored with the photos as their strong position remains that human life does not occur until birth. The photo's clearly prove otherwise and they simply do not want to face the evidentiary facts that the photo's reveal. I invite you to spend a few moments reading the abortion-related threads and you will see what I mean.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 05:51 pm
baddog1, what makes you think illegal backyard later abortions are better than legal earlier ones?

Why do want to increase the teen suicide rate? Not high enough yet?

You want to talk emotions, let's do it !!!

Your problem, along with the larger majority of the anti-abortion side, is that you assume that pro-choice people are pro-abortion.

Stop making that stupid mistake, and we can have a proper conversation about the real issues.

A foetus is alive, a foetus is human.
Pull a hair from your head...see the cells at the base?....alive, and human. Better push that hair back in, or face a murder trial.

(btw, I'm probably on the other side of the world to you, so don't expect an instant response from me at 4am my time.)

(also, why is this in the S & R thread....aha...another agenda)
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 06:46 pm
Go ahead then and find me a zygote picture where surgery is being performed. You do realize that surgery on 7/1 and birth on 8/2 is hardly a zygote.

Your statements are either ignorance or trolling. Either way you can't expect a response.
0 Replies

baddog1

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 07:06 pm
parados wrote:
Go ahead then and find me a zygote picture where surgery is being performed. You do realize that surgery on 7/1 and birth on 8/2 is hardly a zygote.

Your statements are either ignorance or trolling. Either way you can't expect a response.

The response I get from you is exactly as I expected. Evasive, manipulative and definitely not to the point.

And yet another tactic - twisting words to suit your fancy! Read the related-thread again; better yet - post the quote, then respond.

And further displacing the situation - surgery has nothing to do with the point here.

And oh my: Still no answers!!! :wink:
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 07:11 pm
Did you miss my response baddog1 ?
0 Replies

baddog1

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 07:21 pm
Quote:
baddog1, what makes you think illegal backyard later abortions are better than legal earlier ones?

Huh? What do you mean?

Quote:

What are you talking about?

Quote:
Your problem, along with the larger majority of the anti-abortion side, is that you assume that pro-choice people are pro-abortion.

This semantic-game has been bantered about on another thread - and is off this topic.

Quote:
Stop making that stupid mistake, and we can have a proper conversation about the real issues.

If you'd like to discuss another issue - start a thread. I consider this to be a real issue!

Quote:
Pull a hair from your head...see the cells at the base?....alive, and human. Better push that hair back in, or face a murder trial.

Not even close to being analagous! What is the hair developing into - an aardvark? Come on! Confused

Quote:
(btw, I'm probably on the other side of the world to you, so don't expect an instant response from me at 4am my time.)

No expectation eorl - just an invitation.

Quote:

Agenda? Please explain!
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 07:29 pm
Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not making up your title of the thread or your first question. I am only responding to them. You give a list of labels then ask which one should be used.

Trolling or ignorance is the only thing I can see here. I am not twisting your words. You are the one that is now trying to pretend you didn't write what you obviously did. Only a troll would ask if a fetus one month before birth is a zygote or a clump of cells.

You are what you are Baddog. I am hardly being evasive.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 07:38 pm
baddog uses the word "manipulative" like he really understands the meaning.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 08:04 pm
baddog1 wrote:
Quote:

Huh? What do you mean?

You want to make abortion illegal don't you? Face the consequences.

Quote:

What are you talking about?

Quote:

This semantic-game has been bantered about on another thread - and is off this topic.
I do not like abortion. I think it's a bad thing. Yet here you are trying to convince me that abortion is a bad thing. Why?

Quote:

If you'd like to discuss another issue - start a thread. I consider this to be a real issue!
See above.

Quote:

Not even close to being analagous! What is the hair developing into - an aardvark? Come on! Confused Developing into?....Is a zygote developing into something? I thought your entire point was that it already was a something.

Quote:

No expectation eorl - just an invitation.
Then don't whinge about the lack of response and imply reasons for it (using our names) until a suitable period of time has passed.

Quote:

Agenda? Please explain!
I'm implying that you have religious reasons for your view on abortion rather than the purely biological ones you pretend for the sake of this thread.
0 Replies

baddog1

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 05:35 am
parados wrote:
Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not making up your title of the thread or your first question. I am only responding to them. You give a list of labels then ask which one should be used.

Trolling or ignorance is the only thing I can see here. I am not twisting your words. You are the one that is now trying to pretend you didn't write what you obviously did. Only a troll would ask if a fetus one month before birth is a zygote or a clump of cells.

You are what you are Baddog. I am hardly being evasive.

You've responded to (and latched onto) a single term from the title - and have still answered none of the questions. That would be known as "evasiveness" - look it up.

I am 100% sure that "trolling or ignorance" is all that you will choose to see. Anything else may cause you to look in the mirror. No surprise at all. And still name-calling. Maturity at it's finest. BTW: Is there a point to your statement that the fetus is one month from birth? That was not one of my questions!
0 Replies

baddog1

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 05:39 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
baddog uses the word "manipulative" like he really understands the meaning.

And ci jumps on the evasiveness, condescending bandwagon too. :wink: No surprise there! Surprised

And alas - no answers! Imagine that! Laughing
0 Replies

baddog1

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 05:58 am
Quote:

LOL - you might want to look up my beliefs about abortion - on the abortion-thread before making assumptions eorl!

Quote:
I do not like abortion. I think it's a bad thing. Yet here you are trying to convince me that abortion is a bad thing. Why?

Again - look on the abortion threads - you're off-base.

Quote:

Not even close to being analagous! What is the hair developing into - an aardvark? Come on!
Quote:
Developing into?....Is a zygote developing into something? I thought your entire point was that it already was a something.

Huh? Do you know what a zygote is? Besides - I explained my point about "the zygote" - on this thread! You implied (aobove) that a hair is analagous to a fetus and I maintain that it's not. (A fetus is developing into a child, a hair pulled from a head (despite having cells et al) is developing into - a dead hair!

Quote:
Then don't whinge about the lack of response and imply reasons for it (using our names) until a suitable period of time has passed.

You seem a bit sensitive about that. I checked to be sure that everyone I invited to join in had been active on the board for a couple of days prior. Sorry to offend you on that subject.

Quote:
I'm implying that you have religious reasons for your view on abortion rather than the purely biological ones you pretend for the sake of this thread.

While I have religious beliefs - my thoughts on abortion do not agree with my religion. So this assumption of yours is also off-base.
0 Replies