hormones

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 05:07 am
Lately i went on the pill for a bit, and then i had 3 periods in 1 month.
I am so tired recently, from college and my sleeping patten has messed up entirely. i am exhausted.

which means i keep getting upset all the time, particually on the phone to my boyfriend.
i suppose i just wanted to check this is normal.
I dont want to mess our relationship up by me getting upset about stupid things.
thanks guys
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 809 • Replies: 7
No top replies

spendius

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 05:51 am
My advice is knock off the pill. It's a convenience for men.

It's unnatural.
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 06:00 am
why thank you spendy.
I havent heard from u for ages.
btw i will send you a picture one day!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 07:44 am
My advice? Get some sleep.

College is a great time but we tend to over do EVERYTHING. Also, my most emotional times were in college. I spent two years in counseling and was prescribed anti-depression meds. I am not saying that you should do these things but I am saying that this part of your life is a huge changing point and sometimes that's a lot for people to take.

Tell your boyfriend these things. Tell him you are having some emotional stress with the pill and that he needs to take what you say with a grain of salt and if you start to get nasty ask him to gently remind you. If he loves you he will understand. This does not give you free range to be a bitch but it can help with the situation. He can say "honey, you're getting really worked up. Take a deep breath."

Also, you have to commit to understanding and taking reponsibilty for your behavior. It took me WAY to long to decide that I was the only one who could help me. And although I didn't ruin any relationships, I am suprised that people still wanted to be around me.

Keep taking your pill...unless your doctor tells you other wise. There are also other options for you beause maybe the pill just isn't right for you.
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 08:02 am
i stopped taking the pill about a week ago.
Its not so much that im horrible to him, its just that i get tired and cry-ish and want him to tell me that he loves me all the time even though i know he does. Im not like that normally.
I think he understands.

I do understand that these things are subjective, and just caused by me.
Normally i get emotional in the evenings and i just think 'whats the point of being like this' and so i just go to bed.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 05:37 pm
Some women just don't do well on the pill, almost all have side effects of some kind. Look into getting a diaphragm, it takes a little more planning but has minimal side effects.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 05:39 pm
At the least, talk with your doctor.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 05:55 pm
The Pentacle Queen wrote:
i stopped taking the pill about a week ago.
Its not so much that im horrible to him, its just that i get tired and cry-ish and want him to tell me that he loves me all the time even though i know he does. Im not like that normally.
I think he understands.

I do understand that these things are subjective, and just caused by me.
Normally i get emotional in the evenings and i just think 'whats the point of being like this' and so i just go to bed.

From my own personal experience, three things to check:

1. Check with the doctor. They may need to adjust the dosage of the pill you are using.

2. Evaluate your diet. Are you getting enough vitamin B complex? My body is notorious for constant vitamin B deficiency and one of the symptoms I use to gauge this is what you described, the crying and lack of energy. Your tongue also gets a light fuzzy coating and the crack down the middle gets pronounced. If you aren't already taking one, it wouldn't hurt to take a multi-vitamin and add extra vitamin B.

3. Evaluate your blood for iron deficiency/anemia. Since you are having unusual periods, you may be slightly anemic. Again, the multi-vitamin with minerals will help with this.
0 Replies