Attraction

Treya

Reply Mon 30 Oct, 2006 11:10 pm
Something just dawned on me this evening. Pheromones play a big part in attraction right?

So do you think pheromones determine what "kind" of people are attracted to us?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 854 • Replies: 13
No top replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 08:26 am
If Pheromones are those little bare-naked creatures that shoot those arrows at us, then yes, I think they have a lot to do with the kind of person we are attracted to. Otherwise, I'm not sure and that is a good question.
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 08:41 am
I think pheremones play a huge part in attraction!

Some men just don't 'smell' right - and it has nothing to do with personal hygiene.

I know a man who smells gorgeous, even though he does not use aftershave or deodorant - he's very clean, but without the chemical cover of such products, he still smells intoxicating...

x
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 09:43 am
<sniffing> Yes, I definetly do!

Ever been disturbed by being attracted to a person's smell who is totally inappropriate for you to be attracted to? Having to physically contain yourself from blurting out 'Damn, Mr. G, you smell so good. "

.....[size=7]maybe that is just me[/size]
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 09:46 am
A friend of mine lost his sense of smell in an accident may years ago. Shortly after he lost his sense of smell women did not hold the same attraction to him. Eventually he got his libido back but says it was never the same as before. There is a definite link!
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 09:57 am
Quote:
Mr. G

?????

You can't leave it like that flushd!

x
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 11:04 am
One would suppose that attractive and unattractive smells are conditioned in early life by their being associated with pleasureable or unpleasureable experiences.

The smell of the mother or of a mown hayfield on a summer evening or the smell of the first girl/youth you got to grips with for example. A Pavlovian thing.

Pink chubbies smell best to me because the first girl I got to grips with was pink and chubby and it was in a mown hayfield on a summer evening and she looked quite like my Mum had as a young woman. She had no artificial scents about her and that has led me to finding perfumes a bit off putting. It might be why I like the smell of new mown hay too. Cross conditioning.

smorgs seems to have the same aversion to perfumes on men.
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 11:25 am
...tis true spends

I don't like aftershave, but I wear perfume myself...

x
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 02:40 pm
I am definitely tempted but I think I had better not comment on this seeming coincidence.

Suffice to say no perfume gets on to my precious skin. Not even from soap. I don't use that either. I wear long-johns as well. Change them once a week though or for special occasions.
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 04:09 pm
Bloody Hell suspendy!

You sound like Ged Clampet!

Laughing

x
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 04:31 pm
Well he was good fun.

And Robert Redford did a few scenes in long-johns even I would feel daft in unless I was asked to play a role in them. Those off-white ones with four buttons up the front and tight on the leg. Haute Contour.

Benny Hill had a pair of them.
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 04:42 pm
...and Clint Eastwood!

x
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 06:01 pm
Did he?

I haven't seen that.

Did he drill anybody with a Magnum 44 in them?
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 12:56 am
No, but he made their day!

x
0 Replies