American bra or dress sizes. Are they the same as the UK?

the prince

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 02:15 am
Vikcy, you are right. Clothing is much much cheaper in the US than in the UK, especially when you take the curreny rates into account. If you want to find even better bargains, then you should go to some out of town shopping outlets.

I go to US often, and most of the times I go with an empty suitcase and come back with a full one. On my last trip, I picked up Ralph lauren shirts for $80 !!!

Have fun in NY.
0 Replies

Vicki E

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 02:19 am
shewolfnm wrote:
dateless?
must be nice to be able to travel, single, where ever you want
ok.

Im jealous of you .

Don't worry shewolfnm, I was referring to a couple of years ago regarding the dateless thing. I tried to send you a message but it told me that I was not of good standing (how did they know :wink: ) and wouldnt let me.
I don't really want to go into too much detail in public, but lets just say that things are a lot more interesting now than they were two years ago.
I'm now single again, doing whatever I want whenever I want and beginning to really enjoy it!
0 Replies

Vicki E

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 02:23 am
The Prince, that's exactly what I'm doing! Someone told me to take an empty suitcase and I'm taking a Joan Collins special! thanks for the tip about out of town but I don't think I'll have time to travel about a lot.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 06:08 am
NickFun wrote:
So British women have small breasts and big feet! Who knew?

Wow...I did not know that...learn something new every day.

I, being of Slavic extraction, have the opposite problem. Really a bugger, since it tends to make me topple over at the least convenient moments.

So Vicki....is what nickfun says true....can you stay standing in a strong wind?

Wait, didn't you say you were a 36D ?....hmmmm...you'd need decent size feet to carry that off.....
0 Replies

Vicki E

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 06:14 am
haha! Chai tea, are you a man or a woman? You had a different avvie before.
I wouldnt know about small breasts and big feet as I obviously inherit my characteristics from my French Grandmother, who was very well endowed.
I've not had any complaints so far.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 07:07 am
Vicki E wrote:
haha! Chai tea, are you a man or a woman? You had a different avvie before.
I wouldnt know about small breasts and big feet as I obviously inherit my characteristics from my French Grandmother, who was very well endowed.
I've not had any complaints so far.

ahh my dear...I'm going to keep you in suspense as to my gender orientation.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 07:42 am
the prince wrote:
Vikcy, you are right. Clothing is much much cheaper in the US than in the UK, especially when you take the curreny rates into account. If you want to find even better bargains, then you should go to some out of town shopping outlets.
I go to US often, and most of the times I go with an empty suitcase and come back with a full one. On my last trip, I picked up Ralph lauren shirts for $80 !!!
Have fun in NY.

Prince brought up a good point and it's easy to get to one of the best outlet malls in NY called Woodbury Commons, here's the link:

Woodbury Commons
Check out the Greyline and Short Line buses under their travel section. You can easily get a bus in at the NYC Port Authority (42nd & 8th).
Try to go during the week, on weekends the place is a zoo.

If you are feeling adventurous you can save money by going to New Jersey because there is no tax of clothing there. The Paramus Mall is about an hour out of Manhattan and there are also buses.

The toughest part will be carrying all your purchases back. Outlet malls are the real reason Americans buy SUV's, they need the space for the stuff they buy at places like Woodbury. I wish getting around the US was as easy as getting around Europe, but it's not even close.
However, I DON'T recommend renting a car, getting around the city is just slow, but outside the city is a horrible confusing, poorer labelled nightmare of a maze that even the most experienced city driver can get lost in.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 07:56 am
Cup sizes are different. A D-cup in the U.K. is only a B-cup here.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 07:59 am
the prince wrote:
On my last trip, I picked up Ralph lauren shirts for $80 !!!

I hope those were dress shirts. $80 is a lot of money. You can get high quality pima cotton polos from mail order companies for $25, just without the ubiquious horse and rider.
0 Replies

Vicki E

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 05:40 am
Thanks for the link Green Witch. I will see if I can get there and shop til I drop!
0 Replies

Vicki E

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 05:42 am
cjhsa wrote:

Really? Well like I said, I'll just try them on first and see. Thanks.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 06:30 am
Vicki E wrote:
cjhsa wrote:

Really? Well like I said, I'll just try them on first and see. Thanks.

I give out free exams and sizing info.

http://s133702574.onlinehome.us/pictures/blog/freemamogram.jpg
0 Replies

Vicki E

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 01:17 pm
Uhm, I think i'll just pass on that if you don't mind. We have a big chain store called Marks and Spencers over here. In my local one, there is a measuring service for women who want to find out their correct size. The woman who does the measuring seems to enjoy her job a little too much in my opinion.
It remended me of Joey Tribiani and his tailor who kept cupping him. Now that's a nice job if you can get it. Cool
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 01:25 pm
Re: American bra or dress sizes. Are they the same as the UK
Vicki E wrote:
I'm not sure wether there are any women here from the U.S.A?

If so could you please tell me wether your dress sizes are different from ours in the UK?
I'm due to go to New York soon and want to stock up as I hear that clothing is considerably cheaper in the U.S.A.

Thank you

Vicki.

Many stores in the US will carry a wide variety of bra sizes for American women. They may range from about 32-58 and AA to L.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 01:27 pm
Anyay, Vicki, welcome to A2K and I hope you get lots of good answers to your questions here.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 01:28 pm
Chai Tea wrote:

Wait, didn't you say you were a 36D ?....hmmmm...you'd need decent size feet to carry that off.....

A woman with 58LL bra size, has nothing to worry about in a tornado.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 01:30 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
I think boobs are the same no matter what country you are in.

Nipples on the other hand.. change from tit to tit

Asian women tend to be small, African women tend to be large.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 02:06 pm
If you have time, Vicki, here's an alternative to the Fifth Avenue circuit.

First, go to West 4th Street and 6th Avenue. Walk west, towards seventh Avenue. On the way, you will walk past two or three fetish-type stores which have very interesting and adventurous items, including very sexy lingerie. The Pink Pussycat Boutique is one name I remember, but there are a couple others there that sell the same sorts of items. You can even pick up sex toys and/or marital aids there, if you're into that kind of thing.

Once you've finished there, go to Seventh Avenue and turn left (south). Walk down to Houston, and turn left (east) again. Walk for about five minutes, until you hit West Broadway. Turn right on West Broadway (south) and you will pass a place called Linda's Lingerie, which is a high-end lingerie store. If you want something here, be prepared to spend some serious cash.

After that stop, you should be able to wander the streets of Soho between West Broadway and Broadway (Prince St. Spring St, Broome St. Wooster, etc.) and find a crapload of stores and art galleries of many different types. It's a great area to window shop and people watch too. After all this, you could go down to Canal street and turn left (east) if you want even more shopping fun. This is Chinatown, and there are storefronts every ten feet offering great deals on purses, perfumes, colognes, jewelry, hats, shirts, sunglasses, coats, etc. These people are always ready to make a deal, so if you like to dicker and negotiate abouty price, you'll love it here. When you get to Mulberry Street, go left again (north). This is Little Italy. Once you pass the second traffic light, you will see a restaurant called La Mela on your left. Go in, sit down, and eat the best family-style italian food in that whole damn area. Stuff yourself. You've earned it.

This walk could take anywhere between two hours (if you're really hoofing it) and a full day (if you're wheeling and dealing and taking it all in at a relaxed pace). I recommend taking it all in at a relaxed pace, if you have the time. It's a very cool part of the city.

Here, take a look at the route on a map if you want.

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/1754/sohoqn2.jpg

And if you'd like to stop by my apartment afterward to model some of your purchases, I'd be more than happy to check out your goodies.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 02:10 pm
marital aids....
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 02:13 pm
What, you think I should have said "dildoes"?
0 Replies