Karl Rove and His Sixty-Plus Opinion Polls

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 04:54 pm
I just heard an interview on NPR of Karl Rove in which he in combat mode referred to more than sixty opinion polls that he and the Republicans were looking at, as compared to Robert Siegel's, his interviewer, four or so polls upon which Rove accused Siegel of arriving at a biased conclusion that Republicans were losing to Democrats in said polls.

What are these more than sixty opinion polls to which Rove was referring, and is the public privy to these polls?

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=6376549
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 897 • Replies: 7
No top replies

littlek

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 05:31 pm
I heard that too, what a putz!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 07:31 pm
I believe that Rove has access to sixty or more public opinion polls--but so does the public.

For example, each of my local newspapers team with a local college and conduct telephone surveys among local voters.

In the PA senate race, the incumbent, Santorum, (R) is trailing Casey (D) by 5% to 7%.

These local polls determine how much national money is funneled to which local candidates.

I heard the interview and Rove came across as a petulant autocrat hinting that he had information that was not available to the uninformed masses.
0 Replies

SierraSong

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2006 08:23 am
Not only that, but Karl Rove has other 'secret weapons'.

They're called Democrats.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2006 11:31 am
Remember, Karl Rove is trying to rally the Republicans while not giving aid and comfort to the Democrats.

Attitude is all.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 06:15 am
Laying low, JW does a sneak and pee.

Over-arching truth: there is no circumstance where rove would publicly speak any differently than "we'll win" and "things are looking good". None.

His operation puts a lot of money into polling and he will definitely have access to polling results which are the product of his operation which will not be shared if that seems to his advantage.

How funny is it that rove would suggest that the poll results noted by the NPR reporter are influenced by political bias? Of course, the contrast suggested is that rove's are not. Those are objective.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2006 12:13 pm
So much for Karl Rove and his sixty-eight opinion polls.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2006 01:05 pm
SierraSong wrote:
Not only that, but Karl Rove has other 'secret weapons'.

They're called Democrats.

Worked like a real charm too, huh?
0 Replies