which country has more culture in the world?

gerd

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 07:39 pm
I wonder which is the country in the world with more culture, can you name 3 Laughing I want to know, I have some ideas though.

Thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,774 • Replies: 41
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 08:47 pm
I'm unclear what you mean by more culture? can you elabaorate?
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 08:57 pm
Though we have little culture of our own, the US is a melting pot of ALL cultures.
0 Replies

gerd

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 12:34 pm
Ragman wrote:

I mean culture, you look in the dictionnary Embarrassed
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 12:46 pm
Gerd, I also don't know what you are asking. Each ethnic group has its own culture. Having more culture is like having more language.

If you are asking which country has more cultures (meaning how many different language, religious or ethnic groups live in one culture), then the question make sense (but that 's' on culture makes a big difference).

I agree that the US would be a contender for this question-- as a successful multicultural society..

I am not sure if this is the question you are asking.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 02:43 pm
Quote:

I mean culture, you look in the dictionnary

There is culture and there is couth.

Gerd--

Your question is unclear and your unwillingness to clarify that question is bewildering. Do you want an answer or not?
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 02:51 pm
I would rather someone call me "ept" than "couth".
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 04:49 pm
ebrown--

We're hopelessly old fashioned.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 04:54 pm
countries famous for cheeses certainly have a lot of culture

hope this was helpful
0 Replies

gerd

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2006 03:40 pm
Culture: The system of shared beliefs, values, customs, behaviours, and artifacts that the members of society use to cope with their world and with one another, and that are transmitted from generation to generation through learning.

Please do not get upset, is just I thought the question was very easy, I am not a native english speaker, so I do not understand why you complicate it.
An example. India or China have more culture than Canada or USA, because they have an original system of religion or beliefs, I know there are native religions in Canada or USA, but generally they aren't known by other countries, In Canada or America we have Hinduists, Budhists or Sintoists, but a few person (just for not to say nobody) do the Canadians or americans native religions in asia, also we studied in school India or China culture because it was most important for the world, but canada or USA history is only studied in those countries.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2006 05:56 pm
Gerd--

You seem to feel that some cultures are more complex than other cultures and some cultures are superior to other cultures.

Surely your instructor told you that complexity and superiority are in the eyes of the beholders?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2006 05:58 pm
Culture?

Are we talkin' fungi . . . or will plain, old garden-variety bacteria do the job?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2006 06:00 pm
http://botit.botany.wisc.edu/images/130/Protista_I/Plasmodial_Slime_Mold_Images/Water-agar_culture_MC_.low.jpg

Culture
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2006 06:10 pm
Im still trying to determine which country has the most weather
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2006 06:14 pm
Opera is culture, and shes very popular I understand.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2006 06:21 pm
Quote:

India or China have more culture than Canada or USA, because they have an original system of religion or beliefs,

How is the religion of someone from India or China different than my cultural religion-- Christianity.

I am descended from Saxons, Norman and Germans (some came about 350 years ago and others as recently as 110 years ago) who were all Protestants.

The Christian religion, of course, was developed over thousands of years.

Any religion develops over time, i.e. the Bhuddism and Shintoism of 4000 years ago are very different than the religions of today-- although todays version comes directly from the older forms.

Christianity developed from more ancient religions-- not just Judiaism but also Zorastrianism (which, if I remember correctly developed the ideas of Monotheism and the struggle of good and evil symbolized as God and Satan).

My cultural background, as an American, is just as rich and ancient as anyone elses.

Perhaps my culture is more rich, since in America we have had the unique ability to mix very diverse cultures together and to draw from all of them.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2006 07:50 pm
dadpad wrote:
Opera is culture, and shes very popular I understand.

Twisted Evil Razz
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2006 07:57 pm
Any civilization that can invent the fried twinkie and Saran Wrap has got to be the exceptional paragon of culture.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2006 09:36 pm
I think Amsterdam has the most culture. If you consider really good weed culture.
0 Replies

gerd

Reply Thu 9 Nov, 2006 09:56 am
ebrown_p wrote:
Quote:

India or China have more culture than Canada or USA, because they have an original system of religion or beliefs,

How is the religion of someone from India or China different than my cultural religion-- Christianity.

I respect your cultural religion, but originally Christianity belong to europe and middle east cultures not american, I know nowadays new cultures have been created which is amazing, I am not trying to say that some countries are superior than others Crying or Very sad that was not my point, is just I've been traveled to USA and I loved it, so many cultures I can find everything, but this time I want to go to a different place with original traditions, temples, a place where I can see an important ancient culture, is simple as that. Crying or Very sad
But I realize you won't be able2know.
0 Replies