HOW DO YOU SAY I LOVE YOU?

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 06:40 am
Linkat wrote:
barbunny wrote:
How do I say I love you?

when i asked my boyfriend if he loved me, he said:"i must, i can't find a reason to break up with you!"

Hey we all have ways of expressing ourselves - even if it is via humor - some men (and women for that matter) have difficulty expressing their love in a more romantic way.

This is an interesting one I think. How many of you REALLY appreciate jokes or humor in lieu of hearing "I love you" from your significant other? Are humorous insults okay? Does he or she need to say it? Or is showing it enough?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 07:40 am
Showing it is enough.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 09:42 am
Yeah. Saying it occasionally is nice though.

Just remembered that a while ago sozlet made some family flag for school, with pictures answering various questions for different sections. For "how does your family show their love for you?" (I know, kinda weird, but whatever), she drew a picture of me brushing her hair. I didn't quite get a straight answer out of her as to why -- as far as I could tell it was something about how careful I am to make sure it doesn't hurt her. (She has long curly hair that's a bit of a project to keep tangle-free, but she likes to have it long, so...)
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 10:11 am
I sometimes say "I love you a million green M&M's" (they are my favorite!)

But normally, we just say it. "I love you"

We've been together for almost 6 years (holy hell!) and still say it every day, often more than once.

Also, back rubs are a way to say I love you, especially after a long day at work. My husband would say a foot rub is the ultimate I love you gesture.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 11:17 am
sozobe wrote:
Yeah. Saying it occasionally is nice though.

Just remembered that a while ago sozlet made some family flag for school, with pictures answering various questions for different sections. For "how does your family show their love for you?" (I know, kinda weird, but whatever), she drew a picture of me brushing her hair. I didn't quite get a straight answer out of her as to why -- as far as I could tell it was something about how careful I am to make sure it doesn't hurt her. (She has long curly hair that's a bit of a project to keep tangle-free, but she likes to have it long, so...)

You think it might be the closeness of how you two sit and just the closeness when you comb her hair. I sort of pictured a touching private moment that you share between the two of you.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 11:18 am
Foxfyre wrote:
Linkat wrote:
barbunny wrote:
How do I say I love you?

when i asked my boyfriend if he loved me, he said:"i must, i can't find a reason to break up with you!"

Hey we all have ways of expressing ourselves - even if it is via humor - some men (and women for that matter) have difficulty expressing their love in a more romantic way.

This is an interesting one I think. How many of you REALLY appreciate jokes or humor in lieu of hearing "I love you" from your significant other? Are humorous insults okay? Does he or she need to say it? Or is showing it enough?

Showing is always best. Although it is nice to hear, I would understand some one that has a harder time expressing himself, if he showed me frequently.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 11:48 am
Linkat wrote:
You think it might be the closeness of how you two sit and just the closeness when you comb her hair. I sort of pictured a touching private moment that you share between the two of you.

Oh, that makes sense. I bet you're right.

I also agree that showing is important; "I love you" can be said hollowly. Showing + saying is a nice combo.
0 Replies

flakker

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 07:31 am
what makes you want to say it in a different language?
if she is german say it in two languages, first two english(makes sense, youre in america), last word german (obvious reasons).

you: i love dich

her: take me
0 Replies

flakker

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 07:53 am
i cant leave this thing alone

you: i love dich

her: take mine

Shocked
0 Replies

barbunny

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 10:41 pm
my husband has difficulty verbally expressing how he feels ( he gew up with a "manly dad" where crying wasn't "manly" and telling someone how you feel certainly wasn't the "manly" thing to do. so when my husband said "i haven't found a reason to break up with you yet"...it was his way of saying: you are the best thing that has ever happened to me and i love you!!!!!!!!

it depends a lot on the kind of person you are. a little of both is nice tho!
0 Replies