Big Brother's Watching You

Eva

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 09:59 pm
Yeah, just like we usually do!

What're you drinking, anyway? <looks in Chai's glass>
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2006 08:28 am
On the big brother thing... I always felt guilty as hell doing personal stuff on company time. Years ago (before internet access was commonplace) I was surprised to discover that one of my jobs as a new manager would be to review the phone records of my staff to see if they were abusing the Watts line by making personal toll-free calls while at work. Big brother has been watching for a long time, they just have more things to watch, and more tools to use, these days.

Stray Cat, I'm not sure there are many folks here posting throughout their work day. I can think of a couple examples, not many, but then I don't visit very many forums. Some folks, like Eva and myself, are self employed, some are retired, some are at-home parents, some post before work or during lunch breaks, the Europeans are posting in the evening during our daytime, etc. All in all, I don't think there are a lot of folks abusing their work environment (not on A2K, at least).
0 Replies