Pat Tillman's Brother Wonders How This Happened

snood

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 03:40 pm
In this article, Pat Tillman's brother Kevin writes his thoughts about the direction the war has taken. Pretty powerful stuff, coming from this guy...

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/200601019_after_pats_birthday/
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,702 • Replies: 24
No top replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 03:50 pm
EXTENSIVE background by ESPN:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=tillmanpart1

Very well put together, I must say. Thanks for the link snood

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 04:07 pm
Kevin Tillman wrote:
Somehow back at home, support for the soldiers meant having a five-year-old kindergartener scribble a picture with crayons and send it overseas, or slapping stickers on cars, or lobbying Congress for an extra pad in a helmet

Amen to that. The sight of all the clueless people with stickers on their SUVs got my blood boiling. Probably less than one percent of them had even a remote clue as to what the soldiers were actually going through.

I'm not going to fault the kindergartners for scribbling pictures.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 04:12 pm
thanks, snood
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 04:25 pm
He said what needed to be said.

It's all powerful . . . but this is the part that sums it all up:

"Somehow America has become a country that projects everything that it is not and condemns everything that it is."

We must condemn those in power who are the purveyors of holier-than-thou hypocrisy and vote them out of office before they destroy our country.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 04:43 pm
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 04:52 pm
"This war is so f*ckin illegal", Pat Tillman on Iraq. To bad his journal came up missing with his murder. What a great brother Kevin Tillman.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 04:56 pm
I would love to see that journal.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 05:45 pm
Mr. and Mrs. Tillman would love to read that journal too.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 12:17 pm
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 06:18 pm
Personal accountability. That's one'a them conservative values, ain't it?
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 08:02 pm
Where is Pat Tillman's Journal? http://koreyel.blogspot.com/2005/09/where-is-pat-tillmans-journal.html
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2007 04:49 pm
I am very interested in Ticoyama, Asherman, mysteryman, Baldimo or anyone else who might take a crack at it, telling me what they think about the lies the government manufactured and perpetuated about Pat Tillman and Jessica Lynch. Does it even give you a second of pause or hesitation? Does it create any doubt in you at all about the "official" military stories about Abu Ghraib, or Guantanamo, or the justification for the Iraq War?

Or do you write it off as disgruntled family members, or puppets for the insidious leftwing?

What do those on the right think about the testimony about the elaborate lies they manufactured and sold to the public about their "war heros"?
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2007 05:27 pm
This is an upsetting story on the people who rescued Jessica Lynch. "Just a Coincidence? Four of Jessica Lynch's Rescuers Have Died ...Four of Jessica Lynch's Rescuers Have Died Mysteriously ... He took part in the rescue. Lance Cpl. Sok Khak Ung was killed in a drive-by shooting. ..."
www.propagandamatrix.com/291003lynchrescuers.html - 22k -
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2007 06:18 pm
snood wrote:
I am very interested in Ticoyama, Asherman, mysteryman, Baldimo or anyone else who might take a crack at it, telling me what they think about the lies the government manufactured and perpetuated about Pat Tillman and Jessica Lynch. Does it even give you a second of pause or hesitation? Does it create any doubt in you at all about the "official" military stories about Abu Ghraib, or Guantanamo, or the justification for the Iraq War?

Or do you write it off as disgruntled family members, or puppets for the insidious leftwing?

What do those on the right think about the testimony about the elaborate lies they manufactured and sold to the public about their "war heros"?

No takers?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2007 09:16 pm
Bump

I am really interested to hear what those on the right here on A2K think about the testimony coming from Tillman's relatives and Jessica Lynch.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 04:45 am
I know you guys have seen or heard about the testimony. McGentrix? Brandon? Not even one word of support for your noble military and its commander in chief?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 04:57 am
snood

Your desire and hope for an honest and rational accounting (from those people you've named) of the Pentagon's behavior and the administration's behavior regarding this matter won't be realized. Six years of history and of posts here provide utterly depressing evidence that a portion of the US citizenry probably cannot - for whatever set of emotional reasons - face or accept contradictions to their ideology which run so deep and are so profound. Timber, I think, is the only one who might have managed some movement in this direction.

Here's how bad it gets...
Quote:
http://atrios.blogspot.com/2007_04_22_archive.html#4741965420177133870

Or this, from John Hindraker at Powerline...
Quote:
Kevin Tillman, an antiwar activist who has posted on far-left web sites, denounced the military for deceiving his family about the circumstances of his brother's death:

Or this, from George Orwell's 1984 where Winston is composing a government propaganda speech...
Quote:
He might turn the speech into the usual denunciation of traitors and thought-criminals, but that was a little too obvious, while to invent a victory at the front, or some triumph of over-production in the Ninth Three-Year Plan, might complicate the records too much.

What was needed was a piece of pure fantasy. Suddenly there sprang into his mind, ready-made as it were, the image of a certain Comrade Ogilvy, who had recently died in battle, in heroic circumstances. There were occasions when Big Brother devoted his Order for the Day to commemorating some humble, rank-and-file Party member whose life and death he held up as an example worthy to be followed.

Today he should commemorate Comrade Ogilvy. It was true that there was no such person as Comrade Ogilvy, but a few lines of print and a couple of faked photographs would soon bring him into existence.

(nod to Greenwald at salon for much of what I've just noted above)
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2007 03:59 am
Blatham:

Quote:
snood

Your desire and hope for an honest and rational accounting (from those people you've named) of the Pentagon's behavior and the administration's behavior regarding this matter won't be realized

I guess not. But, short of "honest and rational", I thought they might at least have the cojones to make a few gratuitous jingoistic noises. Overestimated 'em, looks like.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2007 04:17 am
snood wrote:
Blatham:

Quote:
snood

Your desire and hope for an honest and rational accounting (from those people you've named) of the Pentagon's behavior and the administration's behavior regarding this matter won't be realized

I guess not. But, short of "honest and rational", I thought they might at least have the cojones to make a few gratuitous jingoistic noises. Overestimated 'em, looks like.

We keep doing that! I swear, if I do not smarten up and remember how effectively crippled these folks are as autonomous thinkers, I shall hire Bill Bennett's dominatrix to whip me into frenzy.
0 Replies