POW's lawsuit sends John Kerry back to Saigon

RexRed

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 12:13 pm
When John Kerry slandered an entire generation of men who fought in Vietnam he branded them as "war criminals." Today, much of the same thing is being said about our young men and women in Iraq.

Now, a lawsuit filed in Philadelphia's Court of Common Pleas will test the very foundation of Kerry's anti-war persona for the first time. It isn't dubious medals or Kerry's disputed service record in Vietnam that is being called into question. This time Kerry may finally be forced to answer for the events that launched his public career, one that made him an anti-war hero for many American liberals and a turncoat for millions of Vietnam veterans.

The lawsuit (Vietnam Veterans Legacy Foundation, et al. v. Kenneth Campbell, et al.) challenges the basis, the factual accuracy of then Lt. (j.g.) Kerry's acrimonious testimony before the U.S. Senate Foreign Relations Committee in 1971. It was there Kerry's public career was catapulted with his now ubiquitous portrayal of American soldiers as murderers, rapists and torturers "who ravaged the countryside of South Vietnam . . . [and] razed villages in a fashion reminiscent of Genghis Khan."

For the anti-war, anti-American protesters, the American soldiers are the "terrorists," and the enemies are the victims of a barbaric U.S. military which tortures and murders defenseless civilians.

That false premise, one of the most vicious and enduring smears spawned by Kerry 35 years ago, will also be put to the test once Kerry's true "Band of Brothers" are put under oath in a Philadelphia courtroom.

http://www.vvlf.org/default.php?page_id=77
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,651 • Replies: 27
No top replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 12:16 pm
Why not concentrate on your goofy images of evil thread, Rex. Your right-wing brethren already won the day in their efforts to slime Kerry's war record.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 12:22 pm
Dartagnan wrote:
Why not concentrate on your goofy images of evil thread, Rex. Your right-wing brethren already won the day in their efforts to slime Kerry's war record.

Why don't you post something about the topic or piss off?
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 12:25 pm
"Many if not all were members of the Vietnam Veterans Against the War (VVAW), an organization led by Kerry and financed by Jane Fonda during the early 1970s. Now, a number of those "witnesses" will be required to testify, under oath for the first time ever, about what they really did and saw in Vietnam."

That should be interesting.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 12:27 pm
Dartagnan wrote:

You asked for it....

http://members.optusnet.com.au/evilpundit/blog/images/john-kerry-botox.jpg

Laughing
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 12:30 pm
http://cache.boston.com/globe/nation/packages/kerry/images/day3/01.jpg
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 12:41 pm
There you go! Clever!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 12:44 pm
Re: POW's lawsuit sends John Kerry back to Saigon
RexRed wrote:
When John Kerry slandered an entire generation of men who fought in Vietnam he branded them as "war criminals." Today, much of the same thing is being said about our young men and women in Iraq.

Really? Who is saying that today? And come to think of it, I don't think he branded a whole generation of men as war criminals either...

Is the rest of your post a bunch of horseshit as well?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 12:55 pm
kickycan wrote:
RexRed wrote:

Really? Who is saying that today? And come to think of it, I don't think he branded a whole generation of men as war criminals either...

We'll let the courts decide that...
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 04:35 pm
RexRed wrote:
kickycan wrote:
RexRed wrote:

No you won't. It doesn't matter what the court decides. Your opinion will remain the same.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 06:15 pm
What Blatham said. You aren't here to get at the truth, unless it furthers your own agenda.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 09:25 pm
Rex have you not read in Leviticus that to sleep with mankind is to invite being stoned to death?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2006 11:49 am
blatham wrote:
RexRed wrote:
kickycan wrote:
RexRed wrote:

No you won't. It doesn't matter what the court decides. Your opinion will remain the same.

My opinion will remain the same as long as John Kerry's treasonous words remain the same...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2006 11:59 am
talk72000 wrote:
Rex have you not read in Leviticus that to sleep with mankind is to invite being stoned to death?

If you want to discuss this topic I invite you to come here... Smile

Jesus Christ and Homosexuality

Leviticus was written by fallible men...

It is a story of men/woman and how they rule when their spirit is partly in darkness. It is only partially a story of God as seen from a limited spiritual perspective. If it was the full story/truth then there would have been no need for any future prophets or "new" testaments.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2006 12:00 pm
Congrats. You've achieved high Colbertness... "I don't have any use for facts. Facts can change. But my opinion will never change."
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2006 12:02 pm
RexRed wrote:
talk72000 wrote:

If you want to discuss this topic I invite you to come here... Smile

Jesus Christ and Homosexuality

It is a story of men/woman and how they rule when their spirit is partly in darkness. It is only partially a story of God as seen from a limited spiritual perspective. If it was the full story/truth then there would have been no need for any future prophets or "new" testaments.

Rex wrote

Comment:
Let me rephrase that, Leviticus is a story about fallible men written by God...

Fallible men who thought the spirit could be captivated by a set of laws...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2006 01:59 pm
blatham wrote:
Congrats. You've achieved high Colbertness... "I don't have any use for facts. Facts can change. But my opinion will never change."

that is the point Kerry isstating his opinion without any facts?

Maybe he can start with the facts about what "he" personally did in the war to innocent people if this practice was so, "widespread" and prevalent...
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2006 02:22 pm
Now, wouldn't it be foolish of me to discuss a matter when the other person's opinion is not ammenable to any alteration?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2006 02:29 pm
Actually, this suit seeks to recover legal fees and other costs associated with Sherwood and the VVLF's defense against legal actions brought by Kerry's associates.

And some lawyers will earn a lot of money.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2006 03:00 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Actually, this suit seeks to recover legal fees and other costs associated with Sherwood and the VVLF's defense against legal actions brought by Kerry's associates.

And some lawyers will earn a lot of money.

Excellent point.

If Kerry can dish it out, the Heinz fortune can take it.

57 different flip flops, this should be good...
0 Replies