Differences between "Interest In" someone and being TOO NICE

td8181

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 01:09 am
I don't know if this have been ask before, but any opinions input will be appreciated. Thankss

I know many Men who are just TOOO NICEEE, let said like Open the Door for Women, hold stuff for Women, carry bags for Women, give Women a shoulder to cry on, willing to listen toWomen when they need someone to talk too, or like flirt with Women, or say nice things to make Women happy.........etc......those are just examples.

Well, some things up there can be mistake as for liking someone. There are men who do things and get women to misundestand and think you like them.
So, I was wondering, what the difference between treating a woman that you like and someone you don't like but just being nice to, or supper nice to? Any comments?

And, let not be too straight forward, beside the option of ask the Men straight out if they like you, then that is too blunt and might scare them, Lolz!!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,295 • Replies: 18
No top replies

stuh505

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 08:30 am
Quote:
Well, some things up there can be mistake as for liking someone. There are men who do things and get women to misundestand and think you like them.
So, I was wondering, what the difference between treating a woman that you like and someone you don't like but just being nice to, or supper nice to? Any comments?

There is no difference. He likes you. The question is, does he just want to sleep with you one time or does he really like you. You have to sleep with him to find out! From my observations the guys who act like this are happy to give their love to anyone that accepts it.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 11:00 am
Why should you care either way td8181?

You're a lesbian.

No Strap Ons with GF please.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 12:37 pm
Maybe she's converted.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 12:57 pm
Or maybe not -- I know several lesbians whose heterodar is really bad. Laughing That is, they think guys are hitting on them all the time, when guys are just being nice and/or neutral with no hitting-on-ness intended.

I like nice guys. (I like nice gals, too.)
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 01:21 pm
Actually, I totally EXPECT men to hold doors open for me.

I hold doors open every day for people, expecially if they are older women.

If a man is over a certain age, meaning a senior, but not in a wheelchair or in a walker or otherwise unable, I certainly let them hold the door open for me, if they are in front of me. I'm not going to be the one to make them think they are invisible and of no use. They especially get a big smile and "Thank You".

The difference is a man opens the door and lets the woman walk through first.....The woman if she gets there first, opens the door, walks through and then holds it open.

This door opening stuff is just common sense and good manners.

Now the carrying packages thing. If a man I know wants to do it, go for it. I would let a stranger do that though.

The crying on their shoulder and the rest of it....well, I'd have to know someone really well, male or female to do that. In fact, if it was a guy, I'd probably be sleeping with them already before I'd download emotionally that much in front of them.

td8181 isn't drawing any line between the holding doors, helping to pick up stuff you dropped, and crying on their shoulder.....there's a few miles distance between those 2 points in knowing someone.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 01:40 pm
Re: Differences between "Interest In" someone and
td8181 wrote:

I know many Men who are just TOOO NICEEE, let said like Open the Door for Women, hold stuff for Women, carry bags for Women, give Women a shoulder to cry on, willing to listen toWomen when they need someone to talk too, or like flirt with Women, or say nice things to make Women happy.........etc......those are just examples.

And, let not be too straight forward, beside the option of ask the Men straight out if they like you, then that is too blunt and might scare them, Lolz!!!

HUH?

Are you talking about emotional tampon guys or regular guys who aren't jerks?

If it is the former, then who cares if they are interested or not.

If it is the second, I'd find out (if I was interested in him) by finding ways to get to know him better.

There are lots of men out there who will bend over backwards to be nice to a woman for only one reason (your body), and then there are genuinely nice men who need a little feedback before sticking their tongue down your throat or patting your ass - which is most likely what would say "I am interested in you, it is safe to take some intiative now, I mark my territory" to a gal like you.

Lord, heaven forbid we scare a man away who we haven't even considered whether we have liked until he appraises us and approves first!

[size=7] meeoooww[/size]
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 04:35 pm
flushd wrote:
...sticking their tongue down your throat or patting your ass - which is most likely what would say "I am interested in you, it is safe to take some intiative now, I mark my territory" to a gal like you.

I usually just urinate on them. You make us sound so crude...
0 Replies

td8181

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2006 12:31 am
first of all, i ask a basic question..........rather if you want to answer then do, you should not be asking me why do i care, b/c i am lesbian or what ever, i didn't look up your profile when i read your reply, and i don't need anyone to digg up my profile to find out what i post in the past........
second of all, i wrote it as a general statement, b/c i know 99% people in this board are straight, what do you want me to said? asking about a Butch Lesbian who being too nice to a Femme Lesbian and wonder if she likes her?
I think I rather just be general and ask about "men" being too "nice" to women.....
and no, I am not converted, and no, I don't like Men.....I ask a question that doesn't mean I like men, I just want to word my question so it be general, where I can get input from people in all sexual orientation......

anyways, thank you to those who help reply me...
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2006 10:36 am
td8181 wrote:
first of all, i ask a basic question..........rather if you want to answer then do, you should not be asking me why do i care, b/c i am lesbian or what ever, i didn't look up your profile when i read your reply, and i don't need anyone to digg up my profile to find out what i post in the past........
second of all, i wrote it as a general statement, b/c i know 99% people in this board are straight, what do you want me to said? asking about a Butch Lesbian who being too nice to a Femme Lesbian and wonder if she likes her?
I think I rather just be general and ask about "men" being too "nice" to women.....
and no, I am not converted, and no, I don't like Men.....I ask a question that doesn't mean I like men, I just want to word my question so it be general, where I can get input from people in all sexual orientation......

anyways, thank you to those who help reply me...

oh bull....

you can look up my profile anytime you want, and I can look up yours.

the "what do you want me to say...." is really funny. You didn't have any problem going on about strap-on penis's for pages in another thread, now all of a sudden you're hesitant about mentioning your sexual preferences?

You're just pissed because you were busted

Plus, you can ask a "general question" re someone being "too nice" if you're talking about same sex vs. different sex...at least in this case.

Obviously the way a woman would deal with a man in a hetero situation would be different than dealing with another woman in a same sex situation.....

A hetero situation may involve the woman being afraid of a rape, or some other domineering deal. I may be wrong, but I don't envision one woman being afraid of another woman lulling her into a sense of false security and then dragging her into an alley and raping her.

If you want to talk about you situation, be up front about it why don't cha?

BTW, how'd you work out that strap on situation?
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2006 11:28 am
Quote:
asking about a Butch Lesbian who being too nice to a Femme Lesbian and wonder if she likes her?

A butch lesbian does not act the same way as a man.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2006 01:29 pm
Stuh - I know you're just saying that so it looks like you agree with me.

Are you acting "nice" to me?
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2006 03:05 pm
What?? Are you being serious?
0 Replies

td8181

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2006 04:19 pm
Chai Tea, well you right, I should be upfront, but in the previous thread when I talk about Strap On, I didn't get really good response, many people didn't want to answer, etc... because they straight and plus it a long time ago...
Now when I came back here to ask for advice, I didn't want to bring it back up, since I know this is a Forum mostly for Heterosexual people........
I don't know what you mean by I get busted? There nothing to get busted in here anyways.....
and Yes you right, Butch Lesbian, Female to male, transexual I guess from what you say are different from Bio Male then, well if it make you feel better, I can go back and edit my post above..........
and thank you for asking my about my situation, me and my gf broke up a long time ago..........I guess the compromise stuff didn't work out.......but thanks to your help in the old thread of mine too
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2006 04:58 pm
stuh505 wrote:
flushd wrote:
...sticking their tongue down your throat or patting your ass - which is most likely what would say "I am interested in you, it is safe to take some intiative now, I mark my territory" to a gal like you.

I usually just urinate on them. You make us sound so crude...

Some of men are. Smile

Sorry, I responded on a day where I encountered one too many of the crude sort - at work of all places. How some people think it is appropriate to say and do some of the things they do, just blows my mind...and gives me the urge to swing a baseball bat around.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2006 05:10 pm
td8181 wrote:
Chai Tea, well you right, I should be upfront, but in the previous thread when I talk about Strap On, I didn't get really good response, many people didn't want to answer, etc... because they straight and plus it a long time ago...
Now when I came back here to ask for advice, I didn't want to bring it back up, since I know this is a Forum mostly for Heterosexual people........
I don't know what you mean by I get busted? There nothing to get busted in here anyways.....
and Yes you right, Butch Lesbian, Female to male, transexual I guess from what you say are different from Bio Male then, well if it make you feel better, I can go back and edit my post above..........
and thank you for asking my about my situation, me and my gf broke up a long time ago..........I guess the compromise stuff didn't work out.......but thanks to your help in the old thread of mine too

You'll be happier here if you are just yourself. You are making assumptions about the sexual preferences of some 60,000 members of a2k. But never mind a2k, most folks end up happier when they represent themselves best they can. It took some of us a long time to learn that - it's a part of matureing, whatever one's sexuality is. Whoever we all are, we have a lot in common on some issues, as to trust and motives.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2006 05:13 pm
If you wish to review, TD, this is where we've talked before -

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=34693&highlight=td8181
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2006 06:01 pm
flushd wrote:
Sorry, I responded on a day where I encountered one too many of the crude sort - at work of all places. How some people think it is appropriate to say and do some of the things they do, just blows my mind...and gives me the urge to swing a baseball bat around.

I enjoyed the imagery Smile
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2006 08:04 am
stuh505 wrote:
Are you being serious?

Never :wink:
0 Replies