When Shutting Up isn't Cowardice

snood

Reply Thu 23 Nov, 2006 06:06 am
Jeez, can we move on?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 23 Nov, 2006 06:33 am
At least there wasn't any of that group hugging sheiss.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Thu 23 Nov, 2006 07:17 am
dlowan wrote:

Oh, that reminds me -- Kumbayaaaaaaah ... Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 23 Nov, 2006 07:33 am
Are you following me?

I don't mean are you following me.

I mean do you follow what I am saying.

Wait.

I just posted this on the wrong thread.

Joe(really. I did)Nation

No. Really. Don't bristle like that, it musses your look.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 23 Nov, 2006 07:52 am
Joe Nation wrote:
Are you following me?

I don't mean are you following me.

I mean do you follow what I am saying.

Wait.

I just posted this on the wrong thread.

Joe(really. I did)Nation

No. Really. Don't bristle like that, it musses your look.

Did Thomas bristle?

Man, I wish I had seen that!

He looks quite normal again now, though.

Drat.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 23 Nov, 2006 10:19 am
snood wrote:
Jeez, can we move on?

'Tis a consumation devoutly to be wished ....

But don't get yer hopes too high; there's a buncha celebrity building going on here, and neither the proud new celebrities nor the folks who've elevated 'em to that status likely are done gettin' all up with themselves.
0 Replies

LittleBitty

Reply Thu 23 Nov, 2006 02:17 pm
blatham wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
actually, I have no desire to igore any poster.

I am refusing to read these words above.

In the spirit of the holiday, I wanted to share with blatham how much I enjoyed this particular post.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 24 Nov, 2006 07:32 am
LittleBitty wrote:
blatham wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
actually, I have no desire to igore any poster.

I am refusing to read these words above.

In the spirit of the holiday, I wanted to share with blatham how much I enjoyed this particular post.

In the spirit of this odd American pagan harvest celebration (in contrast, yesterday, Canadians across that vast snowy tundra ate no turkey or cranberries, they all just got naked and threw pine tar at each others' buttocks while singing about the Queen) may I wish you and yours the best.
0 Replies

LittleBitty

Reply Fri 24 Nov, 2006 09:04 am
blatham wrote:

In the spirit of this odd American pagan harvest celebration (in contrast, yesterday, Canadians across that vast snowy tundra ate no turkey or cranberries, they all just got naked and threw pine tar at each others' buttocks while singing about the Queen) may I wish you and yours the best.

American pagan harvest? I thought we were actually guilty of stealing an October holiday from Canada. Legend has it we didn't want to be too obvious about our Tom foolery, so we moved it a month out to create a diversion of sorts. Please gawd, tell me we weren't successful. <wink>

I think the Canadians have us hands down on yesterday's festivities, with the snowy tundra and tar though.

Another plus - I was talking to my husband yesterday about this board, and we agreed it was far superior to any other board we've ever had the pleasure to frequent.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 24 Nov, 2006 09:21 am
Throwing tar at the naked Queen's buttocks is decidedly not a USA holiday.
0 Replies

LittleBitty

Reply Fri 24 Nov, 2006 11:05 am
edgarblythe wrote:

Agreed; history shows us we'd lost the rights to that holiday celebration.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Fri 24 Nov, 2006 11:12 am
edgarblythe wrote:

Darn, oh well, it's a good thing I missed when Hillary was near, huh.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Fri 24 Nov, 2006 11:13 am
LittleBitty wrote:
blatham wrote:

American pagan harvest? I thought we were actually guilty of stealing an October holiday from Canada. Legend has it we didn't want to be too obvious about our Tom foolery, so we moved it a month out to create a diversion of sorts. Please gawd, tell me we weren't successful. <wink>

I think the Canadians have us hands down on yesterday's festivities, with the snowy tundra and tar though.

Another plus - I was talking to my husband yesterday about this board, and we agreed it was far superior to any other board we've ever had the pleasure to frequent.

I agree about this board, I enjoy it, even enjoy some of the posters. :wink:
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2006 02:34 am
What a thread.

I almost never read all of the postings on a thread that runs beyond 20 or so pages but this one was different and I'm not sure why.

First of all, I'd like to ask Thomas who all of the wonderful good guys doing battle with trolls might be? I don't have Mozilla but maybe I tripped some kind of switch that has me ignoring all of the A2K White Knights.

I really find the effect Bernard/massagatos/marion et al has on so many people to be fascinating. Especially fascinating is the obsession so may have with trying to identify his incarnations. That they mistakenly accuse new posters of being versions of the dread entity is greatly entertaining.

So here we have what seems to be a very well intentioned thread making the very reasonable suggestion that trolls (and one in particular) be simply ignored and look at what it became.

Of course not everyone who has participated in this thread has engaged in bickering, and some have been far snottier than others, but it does illustrate why the ignore tactic is not universally employed: a fair number of folks on A2K (even some of those good guys) enjoy a nasty exchange of insulting barbs.

In closing, an observation: I've been away from A2K for a while of late and apparently missed the reception received by LittleBitty and MC, but it's amazing that LittleBitty need only post that she is not the same person as MC, and that neither are the evil troll, and everyone seems to accept her claim as gospel. I have no reason to believe that it was anything but sincere and truthful, but if I had believed that she was a multi-personality troll, I'm not sure how that single posting would have changed my mind. I have to say that I am a little disappointed in some of you. You're really ripe for a truly clever troll.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2006 06:40 am
Quote:
clever troll.

One of these words does not apply to you, thus we remain unconcerned with your contributions.

Happy turkey-cult, finn. As one of the few, perhaps even the only, liberal here who holds some level of actual fondness for you, I'd like to take this opportunity to hand you my best wishes wrapped in a plain brown enevelope with the audible tick toc.

Great election, eh?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2006 01:34 pm
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
it does illustrate why the ignore tactic is not universally employed: a fair number of folks on A2K (even some of those good guys) enjoy a nasty exchange of insulting barbs.

True.

blatham wrote:
Quote:
clever troll.

One of these words does not apply to you

I disagree.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2006 02:59 pm
dlowan wrote:

and there certainly won't be
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2006 03:14 pm
finn...deb...nimh...bethie......come over here, my arms are wide, my heart pulsing with wet loveness.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2006 03:17 pm
You keep your pulsations over there ... where I can see them ...
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2006 04:14 pm
and with unwavering gaze, it seems.
0 Replies