Need "relationship" advice please.

Reply Tue 17 Oct, 2006 06:23 pm
My husband passed away in February. I started seeing this guy who was a friend that I met through another friend. So...this guy I was seeing was living with me at the time because he had nowhere else to go and I'm not the kind of person to let my friends live out on the street. Anyways, after he moved in was when we started dating. We were together for about 3 months. Then he went to go see the friend who introduced us for a week (he was only supposed to be gone for 2 days). When he finally came home, he told me that he cheated on me and was moving out cuz he "couldn't live with me knowing how much he hurt me." So that was back in July. We've managed to stay friends throughout all this crap. Then on Friday, he and our friend that introduced us came over and we hung out for the weekend. My ex asked me back out and said that what he did was the biggest mistake of his life. So..I thought I'd give him another chance. But then today, he tells me that it was decided last night that in a month and a half, he's going to have to move to California for 6 years for work. I don't know what to do. He says he doesn't expect me to wait for him so now, after being back together for 4 days, he thinks we should go back to being friends. What should I do?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 626 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 17 Oct, 2006 06:44 pm
Move on. He's already proven he's not that interested in forming a strong relationship with you. There are other men out there and if not - just keep up your personal pursuit of happiness.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 17 Oct, 2006 06:58 pm
Shoot him! Sorry, no - that won't do....

Is he living at your house again? If he is, tell him to find somewhere else to live for the next month and a half. If he isn't, tell him to have a nice life.

Beyond your issues with this man, please accept my condolences on your loss.
0 Replies

Thatfootballplayer

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2006 09:15 pm
well...
Alot of guys are like that they like to make alot of changes and stuff like that i guess if u really loved him or liked him that much u would wait six years right. well i know i wouldent if he really loved you he wouldent leave well i wouldent if i liked someone that much i guess what im saying is dont wait if u dont love him if u do love him wait well just giving you friendly advice. bye Smile
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2006 10:02 pm
Just because he has to leave in a month doesn't mean the fun has to stop now. You've still got a month, why not enjoy it? Ok, so you're not going to marry him...but you can still have some great times in a month.
0 Replies