Confused boyfriend is confusing me!!

Reply Tue 17 Oct, 2006 02:43 am
Hi there, i need advice on how to handle my suitation, especially male prospectives!!!

I have been dating my boyfriend for the last 7 months and everything was going on well till he mentioned 2 weeks ago that 'he is confused and that he doesnt feel the same as before'. This happened after I suggested moving in together as the relationship was progressing well... and now i am wondering if he is freaking out because of this reason. At the moment, he seems rather lost or non communicative about whats going on in his mind....as a result, i had suggested taking time apart till he figures out what he wants....Is taking time apart the right thing to do? is there anything that i should do or not do etc?
I am 27 and he is 29 and he is deifinitely not the fooling around sort and in fact hasnt been any serious relationship before......
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 928 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Bohne

Reply Tue 17 Oct, 2006 03:29 am
I am not male, but I would like to give my opinion anyway.
If at 29 he has not been in a serious relationship, my guess would be, that he really is worried about what he is letting himself into.
He might fear that he is giving up his individuality.
In which case your relationship might get back to normal, once the threat of 'moving-together' is no longer right in front of his face.

Personally I find seven months quite a short time to be moving in together.
But everybody experiences these things differently.

The other possibility is that he has been thinking about ending the relationship for a while and now is shocked that it seems to be much more serious for you than for him.

Which it is, or if it is something completely different...
There's only one person who can give you the answer to this.

So one way or another you will have to get him to speak to you.

Time out for me is just a drawn out separation.
I would not recommend it!
0 Replies

pokkadots

Reply Tue 17 Oct, 2006 03:39 am
Thanks Bohne for your point of view. Very Happy
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 17 Oct, 2006 04:32 am
I wouldnt go for the time out option, just continue the relationship as you were and give him time to get used to the a new idea. Let him know that you want to take the next step in your relationship but are willing to give him time to make up his own mind.
I suggest he probably just hadn't thought about it in a really seriouse way.

Another thing is he might be feeling a little powerless as you have taken the traditional role of the man asking the woman etc.
0 Replies

TheSarge

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 05:51 am
Seems to me, he's not ready to settle down. I am 29 and have married to my wife for 5 years. Still, I know what it's like to keep options open. I feel if I were not with my wife, I would have wide field in which to play. For the most part, us guys get bored easily.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 05:57 am
Sweetie, he's not confused or unsure of anything.

That's just a lot easier to say than "I don't want to live with you".
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 06:40 am
Chai Tea wrote:

There was a Chai who had a dog and bingo was his name-o.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 07:25 am
Bella Dea wrote:
Chai Tea wrote:

Wha?

Are you on the goof ball?

You smokin' the pot, are you?

Oh wait....the hamster wheel in my brain just turned. You're saying Eureka! aren't you?
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 07:36 am
Chai's right. He doesn't want to move in with you, IMO. Doesn't necessarily mean he wants to break up with you, just not live together. Now, the ball's in your court.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 07:36 am
If he has not been in a serious relationship before, moving in after only 7 months could be WAY too much for him.

It would be way too much for me too and I have been in several serious relationships.

My advice, at 7 months, instead of actually moving in, why not just spend more time at each others place.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 02:00 pm
Moving in together closes options. After seven months of dating you want to leave your options open until your lives are so interwined that cohabitation is a simplification.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 02:09 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:
Chai Tea wrote:

Wha?

Are you on the goof ball?

You smokin' the pot, are you?

Oh wait....the hamster wheel in my brain just turned. You're saying Eureka! aren't you?

The hamster must be on the pot too. :wink:
0 Replies

barbunny

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2006 06:52 pm
i have the first part and this is what i think....

7 months isn't a long time to move in together no matter how many serious relationships you've had....since he hasn't really had any other serious relationship this is pretty scary!!!!! he probably just needs more time....

as far as taking time apart, it solves nothing since you don't really know what the problem is....i think you need to talk to one another about what you are feeling and about what you both want RIGHT NOW and go from there....good luck
0 Replies