biorhythms and compatibility

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2006 06:40 am
It happens that the lady Diane and meself have divergent biorhythms. I am early to bed and up around 4 a.m. or maybe 5 and she is late evening reading/computer/t.v. and arising more like 9 a.m.. This way (good I think) is that we each get quite time to ourselves, I really enjoy my early morning cuppa tea waiting for the sunrise and she enjoys her late evenings. I have no idea how this works out according to relationship experts but it sure works for us. An important factor is that there are no kids involved which, I am sure, would change this entire scene.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,063 • Replies: 5
No top replies

JPB

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2006 06:52 am
Actually, dys, when we had small babies your situation was ideal here as well. I'm the early riser and Mr B is the night owl. When the girls were babies he would stay up until 1 or 2 am to cover the first middle of the night feeding and I would get up at 4 or 5 to cover the second one. We were literally the house that never slept until the baby started sleeping through the night.

I agree with you that private time is important. We've become more aligned in our biorhythms over the years but I still tend to be in bed by 10 and up by 6 and he's more of a midnight to 8:00 sleeper, giving each of us a couple hours of private time to spend on personal pursuits.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2006 09:03 am
I'm the last to go in bed (about midnight) and the first up (6 am).

Works fine as well :wink:
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2006 10:15 am
We both have extreme night owl biorhythms. Of course, sozlet does too. This is mostly OK but causes problems in the real world -- we seem to constantly be trying to get bedtimes back/ going to bed before we're really tired. The kid's in afternoon kindergarten now but we're going to have to get her set to wake up at a genuinely early hour to start first grade -- we're making progress, but it's a struggle. Can't wait for October 29th.

If I didn't have to worry about anything else, I'd be in bed around 2 and up around 10.

As-is, I usually have my private time in the morning after hubby's gone to work and kid isn't up yet.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2006 11:45 am
dys- I am just like you and my husband is like Diane. I love the privacy that it affords me. If you notice, I do a lot of A2King in the early AM.

It is true that hubby does get a bit pissed off when I fall asleep at 8 pm watching a movie on TV, but what the hell, it's not a big issue!
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2006 12:28 pm
When I was in college, I had a part-time job as a lab assistant for a biology professor whose expertise was "biological chronometry". There actually is such a field, if you and Diane want to study it and maybe do some experiments. Smile
0 Replies