How to keep a dozen kindergarteners happy for a coupla hours

sozobe

Reply Mon 30 Oct, 2006 12:47 pm
Cute!

OK guys so I'm about to book the place. I think it will be 2 hours -- any last-minute advice on whether that should be noon to 2PM, 1 to 3PM, or other?

Two pizzas are included in booking price so they'll be having pizza and cake. Can choose when in that time slot it'll be served.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 30 Oct, 2006 01:31 pm
noon - 2:00 will obviously infer lunch to be included. Some folks might think 1:00 - 3:00 is a bit late for lunch and feed their kids beforehand unless you include "pizza will be served" on the invites. Either will work fine, but my personal choice would probably be the earlier slot (but then, I'm a morning person).
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 30 Oct, 2006 04:05 pm
The early slot makes sense to me.

Families will have mid-afternoon on for their own activities.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 12:43 pm
Waited a bit too long and when I just called to book, there weren't nearly as many slots available (when I called last Friday they were wide open). Only ones were 1-2:30 or 3:30-5, took the 1-2:30 slot, should be fine. If the parents want to stay, that's fine with me. When we went to a party there before, the room needed to be cleaned out after an hour and a half but kids could still hang out and play at the facility indefinitely. I might say the party is 1-3, and then just clean out the room and monitor the kids for another half an hour. If the kids aren't hungry, that's fine. If they are, that's fine too.

OK, have something set! Whew.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 01:58 pm
Interesting that the Party Place thinks in 90 minute time slots.

I know what you mean about the joys of certainty. "Hang loose" is all very well for causal, but you can't be causal with kindergarten kids.
0 Replies