Have i wasted 5 years of my life?

ossobuco

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 04:24 pm
Years ago, UCLA had a counselling and testing service through its UCLA Extension. I don't know if they still have that to help people figure out what would be a good career for them (and it might cost some money to go through the testing). Perhaps your school also has such a thing as a service.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 04:27 pm
There you go!

<< raises fist in the air >>
0 Replies

questarthews

Reply Fri 24 Nov, 2006 08:12 pm
Hi, I am new here and just sort of randomly going through the forums when I found this thread.

I just wanted to add to what has been said by saying I spent 15 years in one career. I did not know at first that it would be my career, however I did end up going to school for it about half way through and enjoyed what I was doing.

It was not until I returned to the states that I found I would rather do something else. I needed to find something that would allow me to be with my family and my previous career(restaurants) did not do that.

Anyway, I made the change, and even though I am still paying off the student loans, I am happy I did.

Do not feel guilty for deciding what you have been doing is not for you. How can you possibly know at a young age that what you have chosen is going to be right for you for the rest of your life?

Good luck in your decision.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 24 Nov, 2006 08:49 pm
I'll add that at the best of times, my different work experiences have given me a background for a lot of observations about life, sometimes cogent ones, and helped in my later life in design and art. At worst, I have so many interests I've been considered near loopy for them, for a kind of scatteredness. I think learning isn't wasted.
0 Replies