How can you not believe in evolution? Also ideas on Genesis

Treya

Reply Mon 30 Oct, 2006 01:39 pm
I just looked it over again. One of the misspellings must have been mine Razz, however you misspelled enabling. Uhhh... really though, I only brought it up to pick on maporshe because he had picked on me about my english skills since I put "your welcome" instead of "you're welcome". LOL The thing is... I think I do that ALL the time. I started wondering if I do and have been fighting the temptation to go back and check a few posts just to see! Razz
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 30 Oct, 2006 01:46 pm
hephzibah wrote:
I only brought it up to pick on maporshe because he had picked on me about my english skills since I put "your welcome" instead of "you're welcome".

WHEN did I do that?
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Mon 30 Oct, 2006 02:44 pm
Eeek... It was aperson... not you... Oh boy... sorry maporsche! Embarrassed
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 30 Oct, 2006 03:44 pm
Heph, thanks so much for the favoritism. I clicked your avatar and WOW, what an image. Is that REALLY you? If so, marry me (if you don't mind my committing bigamy). :wink:
I feel for Cyracuz.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Mon 30 Oct, 2006 04:01 pm
JLN is correct, Cyracuz. The U.S. A2Kers always get an image when clicking on Hephzibah's avatar. Do you live in Europe, Cyracuz?
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Mon 30 Oct, 2006 05:44 pm
Thanks JLN. Mr. Green

Naaa... no biggy on the bigamy. :wink:

Yep... too bad Cyracuz isn't from the US...

*sigh*
0 Replies

lauratoland

Reply Mon 30 Oct, 2006 10:32 pm
i would too like to know where you had got your information from. i found it very interesting about how you said that woman and man were split. i am always looking at/for imformation on the subjects of the Bible.
You think genesis is silly, nonsence? you beleive in evolution? the truth is evolution and the Bibles creation story are equaled out to be just as silly as the other- therefor you eather choose faith in God who WAS always there or you beleive that the matter that has created our world today came from nothing.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 30 Oct, 2006 10:49 pm
Re: ...
lauratoland wrote:

You think genesis is silly, nonsence? you beleive in evolution? the truth is evolution and the Bibles creation story are equaled out to be just as silly as the other.

You are obviously mildly retarded so I will sling no further insults at this completely mindless post.

You obviously know NOTHING about evolution which is why you think a statement such as this has any worth. You and hephzibah share this in common.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 11:23 am
Yep... Sadly (or otherwise) I live in Europe, and am apparently not granted the privilege (or otherwise) of seing these pictures you speak of. Smile

maporsche

Even if lauratoland is in fact retarded, does that automatically mean that she (assuming here) has nothing to contribute to this thread?

laura wrote:
therefor you eather choose faith in God who WAS always there or you beleive that the matter that has created our world today came from nothing.

Those are not the only alternatives. More information and thought on the subject might reveal to you that these two that you find mutually exclusive are not so at all. Then again, it might not. It depends on what you emphasize and what you're looking for.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 05:47 pm
Re: ...
lauratoland wrote:

You think genesis is silly, nonsence? you beleive in evolution? the truth is evolution and the Bibles creation story are equaled out to be just as silly as the other-

Perhaps to the uneducated.
Quote:

therefor you either choose faith in God who WAS always there or you believe that the matter that has created our world today came from nothing.

Research 'false dichotomy'
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 08:23 pm
One does not "believe in" Evolution in the same sense that one "believes in God." The empirical evidence from the various natural sciences are organized or integrated around certain continously affirmed principles, such as the observations of mutuals, enviornmental stress, natural selection, etc.. I see that much is gain in understanding of nature by means of the evolutionary organization or interpretation of such evidences. Faith has very little to do with it.

By the way, Dok, I don't know what you were referring to with "'research 'false dichotomy'". Are you referring to spurious conceptual distinctions that have no reference to actual empirical distinctions--or to the so-called "difference that make no difference"?
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 09:27 pm
JL, I think Dok was just referring to the claim that not believing in one thing means that you have to believe THE other thing, implying no other options exist.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 11:35 pm
Eorl wrote:
JL, I think Dok was just referring to the claim that not believing in one thing means that you have to believe THE other thing, implying no other options exist.

Correct.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 12:02 am
Thanks, Eorl. By the way, I have a terrible typo in my last post: mutuations instead of mutuals, and much is gainED.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 12:02 am
Thanks, Eorl. By the way, I have a terrible typo in my last post: mutuations instead of mutuals, and much is gainED.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 04:42 pm
Deos it rlelay maettr how we sepll wrods?
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 12:02 am
What?
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 12:07 am
LOL

Actually, spelling doesn't seem to effect our cognition all that much,

is order which however the important in we the words place.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 03:39 am
Point have good Eorl you a. Smile

JL

Your question reveals that the answer to my misspelled question is 'yes'. But as long as the first and last letters of each word are in the right place we can usually understand it.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 03:47 am
They don't believe in evolution because every fact they acknowledge further erodes the fairytale of their beliefs. Without it they're afloat in the universe and it terrifies their frightened little minds.
0 Replies