The Dangers of not Killing Everybody Before They Kill Us

Intrepid

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2006 08:35 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
snood wrote:
Brandon - perhaps a fiber-based enema might be conducive to a state of mind which would allow you to get over yourself, or at least to allow others to take a moment to laugh.

Thanks for admitting that you can't compete in the arena of ideas. I accept your surrender.

What? I thought he had an excellent idea.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2006 08:37 am
Song for Brandon:

Kill kill kill for peace
Near or middle or very far east
far or middle or very near east
Kill kill kill for peace

If you don't like the people or the way that they walk
If you don't like their manners or the way that they talk
Kill kill kill . . .

Kill kill it will feel so good
just like my captain said it should
If you don't kill them then the Chinese will
If you don't want America to play second fiddle
Kill kill kill . . .

Kill kill for mental ease
Kill kill it will give you a big release
Kill 'em kill 'em
(sounds of heavy gunfire)

Kill 'em kill 'em
Strafe those **** creeps
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2006 09:09 am
So beautiful, edgar. ..<wipes one, perfect poignant tear from cheek>
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2006 09:20 am
Can't compete in the arena of ideas, Snood. Got to kill and do it massively to keep the ghost of Hitler in his grave.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2006 09:21 am
The idea of this thread was to indicate that the active use of the military to prevent events which are likely, but have not happened yet, is unreasonable. I have given a counter-example, which illustrates that this idea is false.

Sensing that you can't fight my reasoning, you do what people like you usually do - create distractions from the argument. I defy you to explain why the scenario I described would not be a very real danger which would easily justify the use of force if diplomatic efforts failed.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2006 09:30 am
Bullshit, Brandon. The purpose of this thread is to ridicule the political and social mentality of people such as yourself and Gunga and omsigdavid. The military is an essential institution of our nation and a strong, prepared military must be maintained. But, it must be used with wisdom, not to support the harebrained notions you bring around every time somebody attempts to spread a little light. Our military is there to protect us, not to push some neocon agenda based in paranoia and childish notions of bombing American style democracy into the (weaker, particularly oil possessing) nations.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2006 09:32 am
Good post, Edgar
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2006 09:40 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
The idea of this thread was to indicate that the active use of the military to prevent events which are likely, but have not happened yet, is unreasonable. I have given a counter-example, which illustrates that this idea is false.

Sensing that you can't fight my reasoning, you do what people like you usually do - create distractions from the argument. I defy you to explain why the scenario I described would not be a very real danger which would easily justify the use of force if diplomatic efforts failed.

The idea of this thread was to provide some whimsical comic relief, which- although admittedly provided by someone whose views are not in lockstep with those who believe in bombing our way to a lasting peace - made it a welcome breath of fresh air to those of us who weary of the stay the course/cut and run merry-go-round.

Sensing that you are unequipped to relate to this, or any issue on any level except "I'm-terminally-serious-and-my-opinions-are-of-global-importance", you typically try to keep it on the stifling one-note that you can understand. "This is how reality is, unless you provide unassailable proof of the contrary"
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2006 09:45 am
I'm lovin it
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2006 10:01 am
Shocked Shocked Shocked

Whimsical comic relief?

CRIPES! Okay, no one say a word about that little old lady. I'll just prop her in a chair over here and hopefully no one will miss her.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2006 10:08 am
Just like old Mrs. Bates?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2006 10:14 am
Hey, we blew her away on the first page.
0 Replies