Excuse me, pardon me, Pec's coming through...

martybarker

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2008 11:45 am
OMG, this is so funny I have to post it.

My son has been a little self consious of his thin build lately so has been lifting 5 lb weights religiously for a few weeks now.

My daughter and I were watching TV and my son walks in wearing just his pj pants, he stands in front of the tv and as he brings a weight up he kisses his bicep, left then right, left then right.

What a crack up.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2008 12:59 pm
That is cute! Is he shaving already his five o'clock shadow?
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2008 04:58 pm
He's starting to get a mustache but I don't know anything about male shaving techniques. Maybe I'll go out and get him an electric razor.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2008 05:01 pm
Mustache, start at the top, pull razor down...

(A little shaving cream is good)

He will enjoy figuring it out...

RH
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2008 05:11 pm
Ideally shave in the direction of the beard growth. Start with the sides, then the moustache area and last the chin. The chin hairs are the toughest, so this allows them the most time to soften under the shave cream.

Shaving against the direction of hair growth gives a closer shave, but has two drawbacks:

A. It's a good way to donate blood, and

B. You run a high risk of cutting off a hair below skin level, causing an ingrown hair (razor bumps) - the whisker grows into the surrounding tissue instead of out of the pore, resulting in inflammation and possible infection.

To avoid these shaving problems, again, shave "with the grain" (that is, in the direction your hair grows). Each person's facial hair has its own growth pattern. If you are unsure of the direction of your beard, let it grow for a day or two and you'll see it.

A "closer shave can be achieved by shaving in the direction of hair growth then repeating against the direction of hair growth.

Electric razor is practically useless for "bumfluff". Use a disposable razor until facial hair toughens.

USE A SHARP BLADE!!!!!! change it regularily. (women dont "get" this).
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2008 05:24 pm
Hi guys,
Thanks for the tips, I'll be sure to pass those on.

PS Dadpad, why does my CS pic have a red outline?
martybarker

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2008 08:55 pm
@martybarker,
An update on my crazy kid....
I prepared chicken, greenbeans and mashed potatoes for dinner. He actually attempted the ole hide the veggies under the potatoes trick. He was amazed that I figured it out. He said he watched me the whole time to make sure he didn't get caught.

Like I was born yesterday! Cool
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2008 09:14 pm
Love the humor. Humor is the staff of life, no?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2009 06:06 pm
This is SonofEva's birthday weekend (actual birthday on Monday.) He turns 15. He is currently 5'11" and weighs 138 lbs...a beanpole, just like his dad.

The only thing he wanted for his birthday was a pair of aviator-style mirrored sunglasses. On the way out of the mall, he caught his own reflection in a store window. He was wearing the brand new shades with his jeans and his black leather jacket. I told him he really looked cool.

He broke into a swagger and said, "Thanks for noticing."

Cool
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2009 06:27 pm
Cute, eva Smile

When one of my nephews was 3, we were having a Thanksgiving dinner. He ate his dinner, but was still hungry. He asked his mom for another leg. When she said there weren't anymore, he asked, 'Does that chicken have any more arms, then?" And then when he was done he looked at his leftovers and told his great-uncle (aged 78), "You can gnaw on my bones if you want to."
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2009 05:56 pm
NEWSFLASH....15-year-old SonofEva has asked a girl to the prom!

She's a year older...an adorable, petite cheerleader with a huge smile and perfect skin (gawd, I hated girls like that!)...and quite possibly, the luckiest girl in the world to be his First Real Date.

I took him to be fitted for his first suit on Saturday. (He's had blazers through the years, but no actual suits.) We were fortunate to find an old-time salesman who had owned his own menswear shop in Chicago for 40+ years before retiring here to be near his grandchildren. He gave SonofEva a thorough education in cuts, materials, styles, tailoring...the works. SonofEva ate it up. This, from a kid who always thought wearing a tie was the worst thing we could possibly make him do. But now, he can hardly wait until we pick up the suit this weekend so he can shop for a shirt and tie. He wants to get something that will look good with his date's dress, he said.

We're going to order flowers tomorrow after school. I'm having so much fun with this, I can hardly stand it!

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2009 06:56 pm
@Eva,
aaawwww. Isn't it so nice to be part of the offspring's first date and re-live
all the anticipation and excitement again? I sure hope, SonofEva will have
the time of his life at the prom!

----

Haha Mame, that little bugger is cute too - "want to gnaw on my bones?"
is priceless.
Eva

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2009 09:12 pm
@CalamityJane,