Excuse me, pardon me, Pec's coming through...

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2006 06:51 pm
Kids say the darnest things. I wish I would have kept a journal of all the funny things my son has said over the years so I don't forget. His 1st grade teacher even commented that he had a great sense of humor and that she got his jokes, just his peers didn't always understand him.
He is 12 now and just a little stick,I try to feed him but he has high metabolism I guess. Anyway, he is a little self conscious of being seen without a shirt on and for some reason the other night, while my daughter and I were watching TV, he walked into the room without his shirt on, puffed out his chest and announced" Excuse me, pardon me, pec's coming through" I just busted out laughing.

Do you have any young comedians at home??
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 3,655 • Replies: 32
No top replies

Chai

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2006 07:00 pm
That IS pretty cute marty. made me smile.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2006 07:03 pm
What makes him even funnier is that in public he's generally a quiet, mild mannered little guy with a huge heart. Sometimes he just blurts stuff out from nowhere but his timing is right on. He seems to be able to sense when I'm a little stressed and always seems to know how to lighten the mood.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2006 08:14 pm
My nephew (nearly 3) is quite the communicator. He's language skills rival his 7 year old sister's. But, he still has that little kid way of speaking. He still confuses sh and th a bit, and he doesn't usually get all the syllables of multi-syllable words right (but his context is always perfect).

My neice, who loves to be out hiking around is imfamously hard to get going. "I hate hiking....." - "that's funny, every time we go you love it." AND, everytime we go I point out to her that while she kavetches about it while I'm dragging her out the door, she loves it in the end. I tell her to remember. Then I remind her, but every new hike is different and has an excuse specific to it. She whimpers in the car on the way to the park. She slides off her car seat and onto the floor, laying there in a heap.

It was at that point that my little nephew said, "The's SO obnoctus!" <snort!> I wish I'd had a video running.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2006 08:42 pm
Hee hee, both great stories...!
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2006 09:32 pm
Great stories. I love seeing kids develop a sense of humor.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2006 09:37 pm
When my daughter was in first grade, I had kept her home for one
day, as she was sick. Upon returning to school the next day, she proudly
told her classmates that she survived the "West Pile" virus.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2006 10:33 pm
CalamityJane wrote:
When my daughter was in first grade, I had kept her home for one
day, as she was sick. Upon returning to school the next day, she proudly
told her classmates that she survived the "West Pile" virus.

Thank goodness for that! Very Happy
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 05:04 am
Here's one where it wasn't what was said, but the way he was saying it....

We were at a pool party, and 2 kids there, brother and sister, were such a hoot.

the girl was about 11, the boy, maybe 8.

The sister was telling a story of a troublemaking neighbor, a real busy body.....The brother who came into the story in the middle of this, furrowed and brow and asked, "who?"

Sis said, "Barbara"

The response was this jaded roll of the eyes, and "Oh (roll and shake of the head), don't you just hate her?"

guess you had to be there, but it was great.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 09:44 pm
My son's question about what the flat things in the oven were(biscuits) reminded me of this thread. So I have another funny story to add. But this take s a little explaining to lead up to the funny part. Bear with me....

In the 2nd Indiana Jones movie there is a scene where Indi is in a castle in India I believe. He is in his love interests room and there is some sexual tension between the two of them. Indi gets distracted by a cool breeze and goes to investigate the wall for a hidden passageway. The wall is adorned with sculptures of women. As he is feeling his way along the wall both hands land on one of the sculptures breasts and it releases the portion of wall to reveal the passageway.....

I think my son was about 5 and had seen the video a few times. He had never commented on this scene before. We were at an italian restaraunt waiting for his father to park the car. At the door was a small statue of Venus di Milo. My son puts both hands on her breast and says, "Look Mom, I'm Indiana Jones"

Some guy walks up and laughs, I just shook my head and said"He's his father's son!"
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 10:30 am
My youngest brother when he was in first grade - I was walking with him some where or other at night outside. He was wearing his sunglasses - so I asked him why he had them on. His response - when you are as cool as me the sun shines on you 24 hours a day.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 11:13 am
Is your brother Corey Hart?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 03:42 pm
sozobe wrote:
Is your brother Corey Hart?

Thank goodness no. But he is a character. (my brother that is)
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 10:06 pm
SonofEva just turned 14, and has ("FINALLY!!!") edged me out on height. He is so proud of it, he tells everyone he meets. Every day, he rubs it in. Several times. "I'm taller than you, nyah, nyah, nyah..."

Last week, he came down to the kitchen one morning and walked up behind me when I was at the kitchen sink. He put his hand on my shoulder and in a falsely-low voice said, "So...how are you doin' this mornin', Little Lady?"
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 10:08 pm
Eva, that's funny. My son just turned 14 too but hasn't hit his growth spurt yet. He was pretty excited though when I pointed out that I thought he was starting a mustache.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 10:19 pm
Is he walking up to you, eye-to-eye, measuring himself to see if he's as tall as you yet?

SonofEva did that for months. In fact, he's still doing it. Only now he grins. He thinks it must really irritate me that he's taller now.

I'm not going to tell him that I think he's being cute. He would die. Laughing
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 11:41 pm
son pad is working one day a week for a home maintance company.

He's pretty excited about it. Came home the other day and made mum take photos cause he was all dirty. "Its work dirt you know" he said.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 08:51 am
Well yeah, work dirt IS different. Boys don't have work dirt...that's a MAN thing.

I can understand that completely. I hope mumpad took lots of pictures. Cool
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 07:11 pm
I don't know if this really counts but it cracks me up...

Backstory: Mo is a little soldier. He loves all things Army. My brother is a General in the Army so Mo gets tons of Army stuff. Not fake stuff -- real stuff. Real stuff like "this badge means you report directly to the Secretary of Defense" and "this badge mean this and that one means that". Real deal Army stuff.

At least once a week Mo dresses as a soldier. No in camo but in a genuine replica of the current overseas military fatigues.

So....

The other day they are reading "Hop on Pop" in class and they are assigned a project where they have to find two rhyming words then write a sentence using the words.

Mo's choice?

Flag, gag. The flag makes me gag.

He drew a beautiful illustration of the flag and soldiers and heliocopters and tanks and all things military.

He was made to redo the project.

Later he asks me "What does gag mean?"
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2008 09:03 pm
Whatever you do, don't tell your brother this story. Laughing
0 Replies