spendius

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 06:12 pm
Maybe stuh they only think they are "hardcore evolutionists". A sort of self-flattering assertion.

Not to be taken too seriously. Watered down so to speak. The good bits.

I did stress the point.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 07:02 pm
If I am not a hardcore evolutionist, then tell me what is a hardcore evolutionist?
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 07:07 pm
I'm curious to hear some thoughts on this...(and I think I know what the answer is going to be)...Is the adulterer the married person in the adulterous affair when the other person is single and unattached, or do you all consider both parties as adulterers Question
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 08:32 pm
I wouldn't refer to the "3rd wheel" (for lack of a better name) as an adulterer, but I guess technically they do fit the definition.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2006 11:15 pm
Ahem... please excuse me for interjecting here, but this was just explained to me a week or so ago by a friend of mine who is a christian.

The adulterer is the married person, as they are committing adultery on their spouse.

The other person, if single and unattached is committing fornication.

Don't worry though. Both sins WILL send you to the same hell.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2006 11:20 pm
FORNICATION???

Damn! That sounds SERIOUS!!! Um...even married people fornicate! Single people fornicate! If we were to lock everyone up who ever fornicated there would be three people left in the world! And no doubt they would fornicate with each other! Let's ALL fornicate and enjoy our fornication!!! Who's with me???
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2006 11:23 pm
I'm glad you explained that. Adultery sounds like such a strong word compared to fornicator.

Is there tequilla in hell??
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2006 11:24 pm
*smiles*
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2006 11:30 pm
Huh... I just thought of an interesting question... why are there separate sins? Why isn't everything just thrown into one category. Then... you sin... or you don't sin. No grey area. It's all black and white you see. I mean don't you think it's a little confusing? Trying to guess which sins are worse, which ones you can get away with, and so on? I think it's kind of silly sounding. It seems it would have been a lot less complicated if God just said, "Pssst... you are all sinners. You are all going to hell. Just thought you would want to know."
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2006 11:38 pm
If God created all of us and we are all sinners then isn't God the one who f*cked up? Does he not take responsibility for his inferior creation???
0 Replies

morpheus0811

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 06:40 am
hephzibah wrote:
Huh... I just thought of an interesting question... why are there separate sins? Why isn't everything just thrown into one category. Then... you sin... or you don't sin. No grey area. It's all black and white you see. I mean don't you think it's a little confusing? Trying to guess which sins are worse, which ones you can get away with, and so on? I think it's kind of silly sounding. It seems it would have been a lot less complicated if God just said, "Pssst... you are all sinners. You are all going to hell. Just thought you would want to know."

Its like a "false start" or "offsides" in football. Both cost you 5 yards, are basically the same penalty but are separated on the stat sheet. The stat guys in Heaven/Hell like to tally these things.
0 Replies

heartofthesun

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 02:02 pm
martybarker wrote:
I'm curious to hear some thoughts on this...(and I think I know what the answer is going to be)...Is the adulterer the married person in the adulterous affair when the other person is single and unattached, or do you all consider both parties as adulterers Question

the married person, ofcourse. the single, unattached person involved with a married person is either devoid of a strong sense of integrity and self-respect, or in the dark. either way, they are not adulterous, IMO.
0 Replies

heartofthesun

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 02:04 pm
NickFun wrote:
If God created all of us and we are all sinners then isn't God the one who f*cked up? Does he not take responsibility for his inferior creation???

I agree. God's got to be a pretty shoddy worker if this is true....where's God's boss?!
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 02:13 pm
Someone call?
0 Replies

heartofthesun

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 05:55 pm
squinney wrote:
Someone call?

Laughing
0 Replies

zoofer

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 12:45 am
If you are not married is it still adultery? If you spy a gorgeous sexy blonde and you visualize cavorting in the grass with her is it adultery?

If you get your jollies baking apple pies and join a cooking/baking class is it adultery?

If you drink too much wine and can't focus on the precise meaning of adulttery in the dictttionary is it stilll OKK?
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 12:50 am
Huh???
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 08:53 am
zoofer wrote:
If you are not married is it still adultery?

No. That's just having sex

If you spy a gorgeous sexy blonde and you visualize cavorting in the grass with her is it adultery?

In your case no because it's something that could never happen.

If you get your jollies baking apple pies and join a cooking/baking class is it adultery?

The mere thought of this is making me hard.

If you drink too much wine and can't focus on the precise meaning of adulttery in the dictttionary is it stilll OKK?

If you drink that much wine you can't get it up anyway so the issue is moot.

0 Replies

heartofthesun

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 12:31 pm
zoofer wrote:
If you are not married is it still adultery? If you spy a gorgeous sexy blonde and you visualize cavorting in the grass with her is it adultery?

if you have self-control issues, is it adultery?
probably not.
but self-control issues may be what leads to adultery.

gawking at people is uncouth.
baking feeds the world.
and, too much wine -- is always a good thing.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 12:51 pm
One time I was walking past a park and I saw a lady in a string bikini with her top undone sunbathing. Being a guy, I gawked for a moment. A cop driving by saw me and glared at me. I approached his cruiser and asked, "Can I help you with something officer?" The cop replied angrily "How would you like it if someone was looking at your wife like that?" "I said, "That is my wife! And I appreciate it if you keep YOUR eyes off her. Wanna run me in?" The cop said "no" and drove off.

Of course, it wasn't my wife.

The nerve of some people.
0 Replies