Montana

Thu 3 Jul, 2003 09:58 pm
Mel Is still my man :-D
0 Replies

sweetcomplication

Thu 3 Jul, 2003 10:03 pm
Montana wrote:
Mel Is still my man :-D

... good to know ... interesting take on compartmentalization ... somewhat surprising of you ... definitely good to know ...
0 Replies

Montana

Thu 3 Jul, 2003 10:16 pm
Sorry Sweet. I've had a crush on Mel since I was a teenager and some things never change. I guess we can't all agree on everything, so we just have to agree to disagree.
0 Replies

Sofia

Thu 3 Jul, 2003 10:18 pm
So far, it seems Mel's crime is to make a movie about the last hours of the life of Christ. No matter what his 'beliefs' may or may not be--until we see the finished product, I think judgement of him is premature.

At this point, Montana, I would still throw my legs around Mel, too. :wink:
0 Replies

Montana

Thu 3 Jul, 2003 10:21 pm
Sofia
Oh yeah!!! I'm hearing ya ;-) <sigh>
0 Replies

New Haven

Fri 4 Jul, 2003 06:13 am
Mel can't act!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Fri 4 Jul, 2003 06:20 am
He can sure make babies though....
0 Replies

sweetcomplication

Fri 4 Jul, 2003 06:21 am
Cav and NH: Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Exclamation
0 Replies

Montana

Sat 5 Jul, 2003 04:31 am
NH
I think he's a great actor. He wouldn't have made all those movies if he wasn't!
0 Replies

Mamahani

Sat 5 Jul, 2003 05:02 am
He might be a great actor, but he ain't the greatest and never will be! Smile

Who is the greatest actor by the way???
0 Replies

sweetcomplication

Sat 5 Jul, 2003 05:49 am
Montana wrote:
NH
I think he's a great actor. He wouldn't have made all those movies if he wasn't!

Montana, come on now! There are LOTS of people who make tons of movies and truly STINK. Let's just leave it that you have a "crush" ... ok?
0 Replies

sweetcomplication

Sat 5 Jul, 2003 05:54 am
Mamahani wrote:
He might be a great actor, but he ain't the greatest and never will be! Smile

Who is the greatest actor by the way???

Denzel Washington; I'm sure if I gave it some thought I could come up with others, but perhaps you would be so kind as to click "New Topic" and lead with a post on that subject, what say ye'? BTW, Mamahani, this is the first post I've seen of yours and so please allow me to say "Welcome very much to ye'!" ... G'ahead; truly introduce yourself to everyone by starting a new thread under "Film" ... I think, look at all my posts, that I haven't had the guts to start one yet! :wink:
0 Replies

Montana

Sat 5 Jul, 2003 06:20 am
sweetcomplication wrote:
Montana wrote:
NH

Montana, come on now! There are LOTS of people who make tons of movies and truly STINK. Let's just leave it that you have a "crush" ... ok?

No, I can't leave it at that. I always thought he was a good actor and it's not just because of a crush. There are other actors who I think are handsome, but if their acting stinks, I don't bother watching their movies.
0 Replies

sweetcomplication

Sat 5 Jul, 2003 06:23 am
As Setanta would say: Gotcha, Boss!
0 Replies

Montana

Sat 5 Jul, 2003 09:36 pm
;-)
0 Replies

MisterEThoughts

Fri 22 Aug, 2003 04:59 pm
hahaha interesting stuff here
0 Replies

tigerclaw

Fri 7 Nov, 2003 11:51 am
Montana wrote:
Hey, you guys leave my sweet Mel alone.
Twisted Evil

i had mel first so you back away! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

wakeupandsmellthecoffee

Tue 18 Nov, 2003 12:15 pm
A Bad game of telephone
There is a game called telephone that starts with a group of people sitting in a circle. One person is told a fact and each person whispers it along with the last person telling the group what the fact was. The message usually gets distorted and twisted as each person adds their own interpretation.

I can't believe how people repeat the same lies over and over again. Mel Gibson has repeatly said on the record this is not an anti-semitic film and that main message is that all our sins nailed Christ to the cross. Yes - The villians and heroes in this film are Jewish. It is a Jewish story filled with Jewish people from beginning to end - some good and some bad.

Many reviews of this film concur that its thrust is not a Jewish deicide but a global (everyone) deicide.

A number of Jewish conservative rabbis have now jumped ship from Abe Foxman's (ADL) position that this film is anti semitic.

Rabbi Eugene Korn and Rabbi Dainiel Lapthum have both shared concerns over this mantra - this rant that this is an anti-semitic film. They are concened that people will see the film and not see any anti-semitism and remember the groundless rants of a few ignorant people.

To say this film is anti-semitic is the equvalent of saying what goes on every Sunday in churches is anti-semitic.

Mel Gibson has remained faithful to the gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. He is so concerened he went back to the orignal languages of Aramaic and Hebrew.

As individual, free thinking people I believe you cannot judge the film until you have seen it. Going on heresay is mind numbing. If you let someone else tell you what this movie "is" than you might as well plug into the matrix because you have stopped thinking for yourself.

If it has one hint of anti-semitism I will lead the ticket stub burning protest outside the theatre. I am very pro-Israel and believe there is a rising tide of Anti-semitism however this is one of those cases where a deep breath and smelling salts may allow the Movie to be judged on its merits.

Peace,

Wake up and Smell the Coffee

Here are a few articles about some free thinking Rabbis on Mel Gibson's "the Passion"

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2003/11/13/180156.shtml

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2003/11/10/143546.shtml
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Tue 18 Nov, 2003 02:40 pm
Apparantly there is more than one person who wants to "throw their legs around Mel."
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Tue 25 Nov, 2003 08:46 pm
It makes me laugh when I read that the Jews did not kill Jesus. They didn't literally kill him but people now days can get into trouble for having a helping hand in the murder.

The Romans killed Jesus but the Jews let it happen. Could they have stoped it? Yes. Pilot asked if they wanted a mass murderer free or Jesus and they wanted the murderer. So in a very legal and factual way the Jews killed Jesus. But to be fair it should be stated the Romans and Jews killed Jesus.

Mel Gibson is not a stupid man nor is he a horrible actor. Mel put up his own money to make this movie. It is sooo very funny that studios will not touch this film. A studio touched the demonic Extorsists, Se7en, Pulp Fiction, any horror film that just randomly shows breast for no reason other then "ooh I have them why doesn't everyone see them (a quick end to a film career doing that). But no one will touch a movie about a perfect man who did not have sex, use profanity, was very considerate to women (even though women did not have a high part in society at the time), used kind words to get his view across, never resorted to violence, healed the lame and the sick (even of his enemies). What is wrong with that? Need you be told the answer?

Also Mel Gibson is a very good actor. Just because he was not around during the days of colorless film doesn't mean he isn't great. You cannot deny greatness. You can ignore it.
0 Replies