Mel Gibson, holocaust denier.

snood

Tue 1 Jul, 2003 09:18 pm
Setanta wrote:
Personally, i consider the entire work to be largely fiction . . . i ain't got a dog in this fight, though . . .

thanks for sharing, anyway
0 Replies

Setanta

Tue 1 Jul, 2003 09:27 pm
no problem, Boss, we all know i'm not adverse to throwin' a squib in here and there . . .
0 Replies

Sofia

Tue 1 Jul, 2003 10:58 pm
I don't know, cav. Watching the turn of events of late, it seems as though the Christian Right has really glommed on to Jews and Israel.

They're all joined up and spewing love in all quarters. It was really an eye-opener that the ADL didn't want Jews depicted as Christ-killers, and didn't want them shown to be beating Christ, and jeering at Him.

I guess they dispute the Biblical account of the story. This surprised me.

I do think Christians may take offense that the ADL seems to want to rewrite the story.
0 Replies

sweetcomplication

Wed 2 Jul, 2003 12:09 am
Re: Mel Gibson, holocaust denier.
au1929 wrote:
Mel Gibson's new Movie...called "the Passion"

A few Sundays ago (March 9, 2003) there was an article in The New York Times Magazine section about Mel Gibson. He is making a movie about the last twelve hours
in the life of Jesus. He is going to show that the Jews killed him. He is filming this in Latin and Aramaic with no subtitles. He belongs to a group that believes this Roman Catholic Church is too liberal and that things should go back to the way they used to be before 1965 when the church apologized to the Jews for their behavior towards
them. His father says that the "Second Vatican Council was a plot put out by the Jews."
Hutton Gibson, his father, also believes that 911 happened not by terrorists on planes but by "remote control." He also believes that the Holocaust never
happened. He says that you cannot dispose of so many bodies and his new wife says "There weren't even that many Jews in all of Europe." and then Hutton adds "Anyway, there were more after the war than before." When asked if Jews might be offended by his movie, Mel Gibson says: "It's not meant to. I think it's meant to just tell the truth. I want to be as truthful as possible. But when you look at the reasons Christ came, he was crucified-he died for all mankind and he suffered for all mankind. So that, really, anyone who transgresses has to look at their own part or look at their own culpability."

Words fail me.

Well, I promised myself I wouldn't get upset again, so I'm just re-printing my friend's initial post and adding that I always wondered why Mel Gibson never did anything for me and now I know: I saw through whatever supposed 'shell' he has, found a lack of heart and it sent me running. Trust my gut, I always say...and I am usually correct. Now, Craven, please shut the site down so people won't flame me about this sickening man and movie. It's such a small thing to ask...
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Wed 2 Jul, 2003 12:15 am
au1929 wrote:
The same people that wrote the bible I believe wrote Grimms Fairy tales.

Well, there have been already some bible textes before the Grimm brothers started there work ... Laughing
0 Replies

ossobuco

Wed 2 Jul, 2003 12:22 am
This is all hearsay, so I don't want to dump on him. If he denies the holocaust, then, good grief, is this part of his popularity now?
0 Replies

sweetcomplication

Wed 2 Jul, 2003 12:28 am
ossobuco wrote:
This is all hearsay, so I don't want to dump on him. If he denies the holocaust, then, good grief, is this part of his popularity now?

It's not hearsay, Osso, I watched an interview he did and it's exactly what came out his very own mouth! That's why I tried to avoid this thread. Based on what my gut has always told me about the man and then watching the interview, I certainly understand why I had such a negative reaction to him all along. I doubt that will affect his popularity one teensy weensy iota.
0 Replies

New Haven

Wed 2 Jul, 2003 05:11 am
Quote from SOPHIA:

Quote:
They're all joined up and spewing love in all quarters. It was really an eye-opener that the ADL didn't want Jews depicted as Christ-killers, and didn't want them shown to be beating Christ, and jeering at Him.

I guess they dispute the Biblical account of the story. This surprised me

The Jews didn't kill Christ, The Romans did.
0 Replies

New Haven

Wed 2 Jul, 2003 05:13 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
au1929 wrote:
The same people that wrote the bible I believe wrote Grimms Fairy tales.

Well, there have been already some bible textes before the Grimm brothers started there work ... Laughing

The Bible, to many Jews and Christians represents the Word of God.
0 Replies

New Haven

Wed 2 Jul, 2003 05:14 am
ossobuco wrote:

I never liked him anyway. Twisted Evil
0 Replies

New Haven

Wed 2 Jul, 2003 05:19 am
Re: Mel Gibson, holocaust denier.
sweetcomplication wrote:
au1929 wrote:
Mel Gibson's new Movie...called "the Passion"

A few Sundays ago (March 9, 2003) there was an article in The New York Times Magazine section about Mel Gibson. He is making a movie about the last twelve hours
in the life of Jesus. He is going to show that the Jews killed him. He is filming this in Latin and Aramaic with no subtitles. He belongs to a group that believes this Roman Catholic Church is too liberal and that things should go back to the way they used to be before 1965 when the church apologized to the Jews for their behavior towards
them. His father says that the "Second Vatican Council was a plot put out by the Jews."
Hutton Gibson, his father, also believes that 911 happened not by terrorists on planes but by "remote control." He also believes that the Holocaust never
happened. He says that you cannot dispose of so many bodies and his new wife says "There weren't even that many Jews in all of Europe." and then Hutton adds "Anyway, there were more after the war than before." When asked if Jews might be offended by his movie, Mel Gibson says: "It's not meant to. I think it's meant to just tell the truth. I want to be as truthful as possible. But when you look at the reasons Christ came, he was crucified-he died for all mankind and he suffered for all mankind. So that, really, anyone who transgresses has to look at their own part or look at their own culpability."

Words fail me.

Well, I promised myself I wouldn't get upset again, so I'm just re-printing my friend's initial post and adding that I always wondered why Mel Gibson never did anything for me and now I know: I saw through whatever supposed 'shell' he has, found a lack of heart and it sent me running. Trust my gut, I always say...and I am usually correct. Now, Craven, please shut the site down so people won't flame me about this sickening man and movie. It's such a small thing to ask...

Not a good idea to D/C this thread. Let everyone air their feelings and as importantly, let all the mis-information come out as to what happened to Christ and who was the cause .

Did Gibson flunk history in school?
0 Replies

au1929

Wed 2 Jul, 2003 06:23 am
cavfancier
The Christian right has nothing to do with it. Gibson belongs to a segment of Catholicism that is stuck in the past and is at odds in some areas of worship and belief of the RC Church.

NH
Quote:
Not a good idea to D/C this thread. Let everyone air their feelings and as importantly, let all the misinformation come out as to what happened to Christ and who was the cause .

Airing our feelings will in no way prove or disprove the biblical myths. Only a time machine will. If only H.G. Wells were still around.

sweetcomplication
Don't let this crap get under your skin. Every time you do it's a win for their side.
0 Replies

New Haven

Wed 2 Jul, 2003 09:17 am
au1929 wrote:
cavfancier
The Christian right has nothing to do with it. Gibson belongs to a segment of Catholicism that is stuck in the past and is at odds in some areas of worship and belief of the RC Church.

NH
Quote:
Not a good idea to D/C this thread. Let everyone air their feelings and as importantly, let all the misinformation come out as to what happened to Christ and who was the cause .

Airing our feelings will in no way prove or disprove the biblical myths. Only a time machine will. If only H.G. Wells were still around.

sweetcomplication
Don't let this crap get under your skin. Every time you do it's a win for their side.

I support freedom of speech. Let all speak out. Sorry about your feelings on the Word of God in the Bible, Au. You think these Words are myths, many others have faith in God and God's words. We'll respect you, if you respect us.
0 Replies

sweetcomplication

Wed 2 Jul, 2003 11:10 am
au1929 wrote:
sweetcomplication

Thank you again, my friend, for putting this into perspective for me.

L'Chaim and Shalom...
0 Replies

cavfancier

Wed 2 Jul, 2003 11:15 am
"If there's a Hell below, we're all gonna go" -Curtis Mayfield
0 Replies

sweetcomplication

Wed 2 Jul, 2003 12:08 pm
Yo, Cav, looking for the Neverending Connect the Song Title thread, are you?
0 Replies

au1929

Wed 2 Jul, 2003 02:42 pm
NH
You can air all the feelings you want to and discuss it till the cows come home. However, you will never know the truth. If there even is a truth. As for the bible being the word of God. If it makes you happy to believe pick one version and by all means believe.
0 Replies

New Haven

Wed 2 Jul, 2003 03:44 pm
au1929 wrote:
NH
However, you will never know the truth. If there even is a truth.

AU:

There is truth, but only for those with a heart, not hardened by the trials of life on earth. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

New Haven

Wed 2 Jul, 2003 03:46 pm
Good to see this thread is alive and well!
0 Replies

au1929

Wed 2 Jul, 2003 03:48 pm
NH
Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies