Using the word "circuitous" creatively!

kgh

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 09:43 pm
Hello!

I am new to these boards, so please do accept my apologize if I posted this thread in the wrong board and feel free to move it as needed mods!

I must create a short presentation about 3-5 minutes surrounding the word "circuitous" by providing its definition, antonyms, synonyms, Latin root, a creative way to remember its meaning, etc.. I can simply state all of this information, but I wanted to make my presentation much more fun and creative!

This word means "in an around about way," "indirect," or, "deviation."

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas for how to present this word in such a way so it is more entertaining to get the information surrounding this word out to my fellow classmates and teacher, that would be wonderful!

Thank you!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 599 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 02:50 am
I suppose you could walk around in circles while giving your presentation. Or arrive at the actual definition in a round-about way instead of just blurting it out.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 07:00 am
I have your opening line:

Instead of writing this presentation myself, I took the circuitous route of going to a message board to sucker some strangers into writing it for me.
0 Replies