littlek

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 05:55 pm
<cackle>! Is Condi wearing a mask?
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 05:59 pm
littlek wrote:

She's pretending to be a black woman. This administration is very good at finding the one person within an ethnic group that in no way relates to their heritage.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 06:21 pm
Green Witch wrote:
littlek wrote:

She's pretending to be a black woman. This administration is very good at finding the one person within an ethnic group that in no way relates to their heritage.

What a stupid statement. Sorry she doesn't fit into your stereo type, but, the way she acts has nothing to do with what heritage she is.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 09:09 pm
Green Witch wrote:
littlek wrote:

You are oh-so-right-on, green witch. Rock on.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2006 06:29 am
let's don't fight... sometimes you just have to let great art flow over you.....
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2006 07:44 am
Well we already know what snood thinks about intelligent, successful blacks.

I guess it would be better if they were crack-smoking, rap singing, gansters... at least they wouldn't only be "pretending" to be black then.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2006 07:49 am
That is pretty great. They captured the essence of Cheney perfectly. Evil super-villain incarnate. Heeheehee...
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2006 07:53 am
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
Well we already know what snood thinks about intelligent, successful blacks.

I guess it would be better if they were crack-smoking, rap singing, gansters... at least they wouldn't only be "pretending" to be black then.

(Hmmm.. sounds like someone is suggesting real blacks smoke crack and sing rap)

I don't think badly of "intelligent, sucessful blacks". I just think badly of hanky-headed intelligent, sucessful blacks. Very Happy
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2006 08:02 am
Anyway, BPB is right - let's not fight - let's just appreciate the beautiful art together....
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2006 08:16 am
snood wrote:
(Hmmm.. sounds like someone is suggesting real blacks smoke crack and sing rap)

I think real blacks are anyone that is, well... black... no matter what their beliefs or idealogy.

I just don't see anyone accusing 50 cent of "pretending" to be black.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2006 10:21 am
snood wrote:
Anyway, BPB is right - let's not fight - let's just appreciate the beautiful art together....

you see.. the races can find common ground.....hey snood I'll trade you some brie for some of that chicken....
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2006 01:02 pm
You're a bad man. Shame, shame, shame. (Gotta gimme some ritzes to spread that on, and ya gotta deal)
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 08:37 am
What the heck is a hanky-head? Is that the same as an uncle Tom?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 09:47 am
Hey BPB - I think I'm gonna need some pate' with that.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 09:50 am
snood wrote:
Hey BPB - I think I'm gonna need some pate' with that.

no problem bro... and how about a slice of that watermelon?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 09:54 am
Aw man! That means I have to shuffle all the way to another room, and back! Feets, do yo' stuff!
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 06:48 pm
Jpin - I wasn't really aware of how some blacks perceived Ms. Rice until a couple of women I work with at our local food pantry made some comments. Both of these women are black, middle to upper middle class, very well educated and funny as all heck. We received a donation of 200 lbs of rice from a local grain co-op. A bunch of bags arrived, all them stamped with big letters saying "BROWN RICE". However, when we opened the bags the rice was not brown but definitely the white pasty kind. My co-workers started to refer to this rice as the "Condi" rice. At first I didn't quite get it and they laughed explaining it was how they felt about our National Security Adviser; looks brown on the outside but white and without substance within. They said they thought it was great to see a black woman in power, but sad that this woman had aligned herself with people who are in no way interested in helping minorities as a whole. They also gave the example of Colin Powell who they started to respect again after he divested himself from "his masters" once he realized he was being used to secure their personal evil motives. A summary of their words, not mine.

I have kreplach and prune hamentaschen if anyone wants to trade.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2006 08:24 am

JP, have you ever actually talked a black person about politics? Do you know any? I mean outside of whoever might show up at your local Republican club meeting.

Snood made fun of these black "achievers" because their "achievements" consist exclusively of telling white people what they want to hear about blacks. These people have no standing-none-in the black community at all. They just put on their little show for their white audiences and collect the money. Their conservative audiences lap it up, then go listen to their favorite talk show host rail against the latest "outrage" of the Black Congressional Caucus, Jesse Jackson, and just about any group or individual with actual support among the black population.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2006 08:41 am
kelticwizard wrote:

JP, have you ever actually talked a black person about politics? Do you know any? I mean outside of whoever might show up at your local Republican club meeting.

Snood made fun of these black "achievers" because their "achievements" consist exclusively of telling white people what they want to hear about blacks. These people have no standing-none-in the black community at all. They just put on their little show for their white audiences and collect the money. Their conservative audiences lap it up, then go listen to their favorite talk show host rail against the latest "outrage" of the Black Congressional Caucus, Jesse Jackson, and just about any group or individual with actual support among the black population.

well, I think maybe that is a little strong. I mean Condi Rice is a political ass licking sycophant and no doubt about it but to be fair she's no dumb ass and didn't gt where she is strictly by shufflin' fo massa. She is smart and got her education on her own merit.

What makes her what she is is how she has chosen to use her gifts. That doesn't mean she didn't work hard to get in the position to do so. To state either by belief or inference that the current crop of blacks in high position are there because they Tomed their way to it is innaccurate and unfair IMO.

I also don't think you believe that kelticwizard and I'm not accusing you of it but it did sort of sound that way. Excuse me if I misread.

Condi Rice still sucks though IMO. Laughing
0 Replies